KART News!

Frontiers

KART is making SAIGA-12 with fixed stock and skeleton stock!!! release date in 2 months, metal body :) i was too tired to make anything watermarks but these obviously are not the real model pictures but factory gave me these ones!also they plan to make after that GALIL SAR! will be a good year for KART!

There are other 3 BB firing shotguns that do not have 120FPS. As a matter of fact I have actually used one that shoots around 300FPS (might have been more, but 300 for sure). I hope it is like those. An AEG would be nice too...if it had a BB spread it would be fantastic!

If you load 3 BBs the FPS / BB will go down to 1/3. That leaves you with a gun that shoots 3 BBs at ~120 FPS. For some odd reason I feel it will be a pump shot shotgun. Just look at the forward grip.

Erm, that's the Real Steel Saiga.

I have to point out that mass is not directly correlated to velocity when equating from a constant energy output.

A gun shooting at 1J will send a .20g bb at about 328fps.

Tripling the weight to .60g (3 bbs) will send each projectile flying at 188fps.

Didn't do the math, stupid me. However, the point is, the FPS would be pretty low.

It had better be multi shot, triple barrel would be best, based around a 3 shot hop unit as in the tm shotties, having looked at the guts of those, it could be done with an aeg, but I won't be getting excited until they confirm its been done properly, single barrel will raise legality issues here with the 1 joule legal limit, so we would be looking at 1/3 of a joule per bb maximum, unless its multi-barrel.

Edit: Having looked at the image above, that is a pump system if ever I saw one, rather than one of the semi auto only models.

The 3 barrel idea is problematic. The volume of the air inside the cylinder equals to the volume of 600-650mm long inner barrel. So if you add 3 barrels they can be 200mm each, maximum. Otherwise you will have vacum and suckback inside the inner barrels. However, given the nature of the gun, you will not require any kind of accuracy.

I think 3 crappy Chinese short alu barrels, cheap .12s, no hopup and double load mech, with a 1.5-1.7J spring is destined to result extreme scattering at like 10-15m. You can send 60 BBs down range in a sec (6BBx10 rps) without any accuracy.

The 3 barrel idea is problematic. The volume of the air inside the cylinder equals to the volume of 600-650mm long inner barrel. So if you add 3 barrels they can be 200mm each, maximum. Otherwise you will have vacum and suckback inside the inner barrels. However, given the nature of the gun, you will not require any kind of accuracy.

I think 3 crappy Chinese short alu barrels, cheap .12s, no hopup and double load mech, with a 1.5-1.7J spring is destined to result extreme scattering at like 10-15m. You can send 60 BBs down range in a sec (6BBx10 rps) without any accuracy.

you say that about the suck back, well PDI's vacumn piston (for snipers) was designed to eliminate that, do the same to the AEG' piston and it would prevent that. thus allowing 3 longer barrels.

If it's an AEG, I would:

-Lower the FPS

-Increase the ROF

-Add a MOSFET w/Burst Capability

-Vic

That's actually a very good idea! An AEg shooting 3-round bursts with very high ROF, provided by good internals, FET and maybe a LiPo) could shoot close like a tribarrel shotgun.

KART is making SAIGA-12 with fixed stock and skeleton stock!!! release date in 2 months, metal body :) i was too tired to make anything watermarks but these obviously are not the real model pictures but factory gave me these ones!also they plan to make after that GALIL SAR! will be a good year for KART!

which one these 2 attached pics are the one by kart if any?

if its the all black on, looks AEG like, if its the one in the link then the pistol grip looks far too small to hold a motor

If it's an AEG, I would:

-Lower the FPS

-Increase the ROF

-Add a MOSFET w/Burst Capability

-Vic

A very good idea indeed!

I'm hoping it will be semi auto, gas powered, and shell ejecting. But if it is an AEG than that's a brilliant way to make the shotgun effect a bit more appropriate.

which one these 2 attached pics are the one by kart if any?

if its the all black on, looks AEG like, if its the one in the link then the pistol grip looks far too small to hold a motor

if you would read what i posted you would notice ;) that i told you its not the REAL pictures from kart model (those are the ones that they gave to me)

Archived