So you play airsoft?

I have been getting alot of comments lately that pertain to me playing airsoft like, Do you play airsoft. Then most of the times I respond with a simple yup or what ever then there like yeah I do to, or I like paint ball better, or the just think you play in a back yard. So my question is, When asked about the sport and if you play what is the 'best' way to respond? I mean do you say I play 'professionally' or Milsim or what. Just need some good answers to that question so when asked again I can have a good reply.

Thanks.

there arent any proper arenas near me so my mates and i play in whater wooden area we dont get kicked out of...

basically we play team death-match or ctf(which usually ends up team death-match, with a mad dash for the flag before time runs out.

and for kicks, we modded some rules to play airsoft VIP, y'know, from counter-strike. its kinda like hide-n-seek, and the VIP gets no gun, usually just legs it for the safe zone.

and we have a rotation for refs; you play, you ref.

Just out of curiosity, who asks these questions? I mean, my non-airsoft friends know that I play airsoft and take it pretty seriously, but I don't usually get a lot of people that are like "do you play airsoft?", because, well, how would they know to ask?

Regardless, I would just tell them that "Yes, I like to play Mili-Sim airsoft" or something to that affect.

What is professional airsoft? Did something spring up recently I totally missed?

Saying you play with an organization or "sponsored games" is the best route, don't condone backyard airsoft or make it sound like it's OK.

When I get asked by non-airsofters it's usually at the place I get breakfast on my way to the game. I respond with "I play airsoft" usually get a "what's that?" I then try to explain it as a form of tactical training or paintball with more realistic replicas.

Just out of curiosity, who asks these questions? I mean, my non-airsoft friends know that I play airsoft and take it pretty seriously, but I don't usually get a lot of people that are like "do you play airsoft?", because, well, how would they know to ask?

Regardless, I would just tell them that "Yes, I like to play Mili-Sim airsoft" or something to that affect.

Typically it is someone who overhears a conversation and only knows the backyard part of airsoft.

Totally right Greg.

Otherwise you can say: I'm playing professionally, It's a sport not just a silly game

or something in that frase

I just say "I play professionally" maybe they don't know what that means and maybe they shouldn't

however you could tell them that "airsoft is a serious game" and that lots of people are spending money on it just like cars, sports and stuff.

"Yes, it's similar to when I run round in the woods waving swords at people... except I use guns, want a game?"

As one of my other hobbies (LARP) is fondly refered to as, "Cross Country Pantomime" I like to try and get people to think of airsoft as, "Cross Country Cowboys and Indians."

To paraphrase xaccers a good mate of mine:

"I spend most of my weekends running around a forest with grown men and young boys spraying white stuff at each other"

;)

In these politicaly correct times, that just takes the buscuit. :D

Greg.

"I run around in the woods pretending to be cool" is my standard response. Failing that, it's "I like to play dress up and run around out doors."

Either way, I prefer to avoid bringing it up.

Im the complete opposite. I think airsoft needs to be brought to more people, much in the same way that paintball is slowly becoming more main stream. when i tell friends or other people about airsoft, and take it seriously, they become interested to.

Often, I'm at the gas-station before a game, getting breakfast with some other guys.

We're not wearing camo-tops, but w bunch of guys in BDUpants and such, people tend to get curious.

So.

When asked, I usually tell them "I play paintball.". Nothing more, and people "understand".

Makes the weird "gun-nut-paramilitary-neonazi"-looks go away.

Archived