Uber Knifing!

Fightingchook

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice :) but you got lucky in a way, 99/100 times one of the guys you knifed woulda been an *albatross* and shouted out, gettin u runbled and killed :D well done though

Very lucky!

to do this, I had to get locked in a shed by opfor and took me 10min to get out which then had me 50metres behind enemy lines... lol.

would have to be a highlight of my airsotfing... and i don't think i'll ever come close to that again.

but no harm in trying :D

and if anyone shouted ahead... i would have shot them for ghosting. :D

but seriously... knife kills are silent and everyone should know the rules.

9.1 Is a way of eliminating your opponent when in close proximity. Its advantage over calling for surrender is that it is silent.

9.2 A knife kill occurs when a player “taps” the opponent on any part of his body. When that happens the opponent is considered “dead”.

9.3 A “knife killed” opponent does not announce that he/she is “hit”, and must stay silent. They then raises his/her weapon over his/her head and proceeds out of the play area like any “hit” player.

out of O-clan rule book.

;)

FC

How not to do it...

and

I'm the one in the grey hoody.

:D

FC

A new film then. Mong and Monger!

###### knife kill FC. Just walking in and going past people holding a knife isn't legitimate - maybe for the first one. Same as ###### "bang" kills.

Knife kills are not silent, unless you sneakily get one person and genuinely take them out with a bit of role playing. You stab someone you bet they will be making a shed load of noise. I sure as hell did.

Basically the way you minced about was *suitcase*, easily be mistaken for a dead or out of it player. A reasonable way to do it is grab hold of each player for a couple of seconds and show that you've had a chance to stick them. If you haven't been shot by then do the next one. If a site allows "contact" kills then it should allow or expect very close range response fire on full auto.

A new film then. Mong and Monger!

###### knife kill FC. Just walking in and going past people holding a knife isn't legitimate - maybe for the first one. Same as ###### "bang" kills.

Knife kills are not silent, unless you sneakily get one person and genuinely take them out with a bit of role playing. You stab someone you bet they will be making a shed load of noise. I sure as hell did.

Basically the way you minced about was *suitcase*, easily be mistaken for a dead or out of it player. A reasonable way to do it is grab hold of each player for a couple of seconds and show that you've had a chance to stick them. If you haven't been shot by then do the next one. If a site allows "contact" kills then it should allow or expect very close range response fire on full auto.

You are very narrow in your view.

If there is one thing that I've learned is that everything in airsoft is optional!

Guns, terrain, groups, and rules.... Everything!

especially rules... can change games and tactics so much.

I've play in several countries and hundreds if not thousands of games. and as far as i know... there's no International rule book.

and generally... if its not fun... you don't do it.

So if you don't see how much of a rush it is to... sneak up on someone and tapping then on the shoulder and saying gently... "i just gutted you like a pig"

more so than... walking up to 3 metres and say "bang.. dude your dead "

More so than... shooting them in the back at 10m.

then you just go and enjoy your narrow game.

the first of the 3 kill before the clip was recorded... was a girl.

and I'm sure she appreciates me not shooting her in the back at 10m.

I pose this question to you...

You are walking down the side of a house... you get to the corner and slowly peer around... and theres 15 opfors standing around... all with there backs to you... your got a Masada (semi only) and a knife... what would you do?

:unsure:

FC

theres 15 opfors standing around... all with there backs to you... your got a Masada and a knife... what would you do?

30 rounds per second and a C mag ;) Nah not really.

I think he was trying to make the point you kind of ran along the whole line like a game of "it". Where as a knife kill should require a good few seconds with each player. The silence rule obviously helped you out no end there, otherwise you'd not have got past no1 with his back to you.

no silence rule, but gentlemanly conduct.

He quoted rules from his team in HK, not down from here.. :D

Everyone one here had congrats for him. Bastich.. :D

Btw.. that C-mag and masada? He still would have had to have pulled the trigger many many times over.

Why? Cos NZ is Semi, mate. :)

I got a knifekill this tuesday. I also got shot in the face for the trouble, but hey it still counted. You got lucky the guys playing seemed a bit relaxed.

If a site allows "contact" kills then it should allow or expect very close range response fire on full auto.

FCS London for the win. I'm proud to get a near point blank face shot in exchange for that knife kill. However if someone does get knifed from behind, and I've not only done that, I've even managed a double kill before by stabbing the 2nd guy that walks past and then throwing the knife into the back of the 1st guy who's further ahead, then they really have no reason to shoot back. ;)

I once got a guy with a cheap plastic ninja sword at EAG Epsom too. Was priceless. He did make some noise along the lines of "OMG A NINJA!" :D

My friend once had a knife throw at his face..... and that was the safe zone!

Respect to the guy making the kills, but we all know it would have been much funnier if the first guy gurgled a little bit, and the other 7 or so turn around, simultaneously giving you some auto :D

30 rounds per second and a C mag ;) Nah not really.

I think he was trying to make the point you kind of ran along the whole line like a game of "it". Where as a knife kill should require a good few seconds with each player. The silence rule obviously helped you out no end there, otherwise you'd not have got past no1 with his back to you.

oh yes... as wege mentioned.. its a semi only game.

i edited the above question ;)

yes i get his point.

but if this was real war... i would have a meaty knife... and would have be train on... where to stick it!

to make the kill quick and silent. :rolleyes:

although if this was real... i probably wouldn't have done that.

not without support of 2 or 3 more friendlies anyways ;)

but still... we play a game governed by rules.

and rules should be simple.... waiting a few seconds for each one would complicate things.

but hey...maybe if i did slow down... i could have not been seen... got more. :P

also i seen in the past... someone get knifed from behind... then yell out loud "I'M DEAD" and within seconds the knifer was lit up by 4 guys with AEG's.

I only listed the rules as to show this is what my group plays with when its our day.

10/9 games we using other ppls rules, but most do have provisions for a knifing rule.

Also I knew of other knifing in country and being a mufti-club game I assumed it was ok.

I should have asked at game morning game brief.

team markings can help alot in stopping behind the lines actions.

but wouldn't have helped here, as only at the last 2 or 3 that i got seen and shot at. everyone else was from behind and or surprised.

if you offer your back to the enemy... you deserve a quick.. silent... painless death.

:D

FC

Yes thats true. If you don't make a shitload of noise when u get knifed, then people won't light u up from 2ft away when pulling off a sneak attack.

Besides, who says that one has to depend on trickery to get in a mass backstab like this? Back when electrowerkz was still around we used to get people from Wild 7 or Point Blank running thru from IN FRONT avoiding a hail of gunfire and then mowing thru a bunch of the opposing team member like a knife thru hot butter. We sure as hell knew it wasn't a friendly but he just caught us off guard.

So if you don't see how much of a rush it is to... sneak up on someone and tapping then on the shoulder and saying gently... "i just gutted you like a pig"

more so than... walking up to 3 metres and say "bang.. dude your dead "

More so than... shooting them in the back at 10m.

then you just go and enjoy your narrow game.

3 meters isnt a bang kill. 3 meters is giving your opponent time to turn around and shoot you.

A bang kill is sneaking upto someone and pressing the barrel of your pistol into their shoulder and whispering bang into their ear.

the first of the 3 kill before the clip was recorded... was a girl.

and I'm sure she appreciates me not shooting her in the back at 10m.

If she doesnt want to be shot at 10m then she shouldnt be playing.

I pose this question to you...

You are walking down the side of a house... you get to the corner and slowly peer around... and theres 15 opfors standing around... all with there backs to you... your got a Masada (semi only) and a knife... what would you do?

:unsure:

FC

I would fire off as many shots as I could at as many targets as I could before moving off to find a hiding place to ambush the remaining enemy players when they followed.

With their backs to you you should be able to pick off at least half of them and then its easy to take out the rest. I've taken out a 6 man patrol armed with full auto AEGs being armed only with a pair of m93r aep's with 2 mags each.

I once got a guy with a cheap plastic ninja sword at EAG Epsom too. Was priceless. He did make some noise along the lines of "OMG A NINJA!" :D

Thats because you are a Ninja ;)

I really need to get a plastic ninja sword for my black kit :P

3 meters isnt a bang kill. 3 meters is giving your opponent time to turn around and shoot you.

A bang kill is sneaking upto someone and pressing the barrel of your pistol into their shoulder and whispering bang into their ear.

No it isn't. It's sneaking up to someone and pulling the hammer back right beside their ear. Be ready for some bowel movement.

If she doesnt want to be shot at 10m then she shouldnt be playing.

I don't think anyone plays airsoft WANTING to be shot. Sure, I expect it, but I don't want to, otherwise whats the point of playing airsoft? If you want to be shot then you shouldn't be playing airsoft, you should be in a BDSM dungeon somewhere. Expecting to be shot, accepting being shot, isnt the same as wanting to be shot, and you sure as hell can expect and accept being shot, and still be grateful about not being shot from close up :)

No it isn't. It's sneaking up to someone and pulling the hammer back right beside their ear. Be ready for some bowel movement.

I don't think anyone plays airsoft WANTING to be shot. Sure, I expect it, but I don't want to, otherwise whats the point of playing airsoft? If you want to be shot then you shouldn't be playing airsoft, you should be in a BDSM dungeon somewhere. Expecting to be shot, accepting being shot, isnt the same as wanting to be shot, and you sure as hell can expect and accept being shot, and still be grateful about not being shot from close up :)

Damn you and your working brain at 3am.

Thats what I meant.

I would have put the pistol at the side of the guys ear and cocked the hammer but he might have noticed before I had chance. I was using my socom.

Damn you and your working brain at 3am.

Thats what I meant.

I would have put the pistol at the side of the guys ear and cocked the hammer but he might have noticed before I had chance. I was using my socom.

Yea he'd be like "omg whose imba long penis silencer is this?!"

I think he did a superb job. After watching the video a couple of times, it doesn't seem to me like he was talking around as if he was dead... He had his weapon gripped by his non-dominant hand and was knifing away. I see no problems...

I would have been PO'd if I was one of the guys getting killed. I don't like when I get killed, especially by knife! :(

Nice job :D

I love the knife-kill thing & when the mood takes, I make the effort to get as many as possible.

The op's vid is a great example of how it can go right & how good spirited players respond with a great deal of respect & good humor. This is how all of my knife kills have been received, although sometimes with a little dismay & bemusement.

But, there are folk out there who claim not to take kindly to this sort of thing. I've never met any personally, but some have posted that they would even go so far as to 'defend themselves' from this sort of personal attack.

Be warned...........................................

Greg.

I may be boring but I'm not really comfortable with the whole knife thing, especially if someone is going to draw it round my neck. I think airsoft should be (for the most part) non contact, a tap on the shoulder and a "you're dead" is sufficient.

Not to mention that alot of airsofters are obsessed with attaching ridiculous knives to their webbing, doesn't fill me with confidence if I see someone running around with a rubber one.

Oh well. Some people have a more sensitive ego that others I guess. Usually knife kills where I play get loads of lols on both sides of the camp.

I totally agree, but every time we have any sort of knife kill correspondence the is at least one 'if any-one comes near me with something that looks like a knife, I'll knock their block off' type post.

You know, you've read them. & like you, I feel that these are very insecure & sad players, but the fact remains, they are out there. :rolleyes:

Personally I'm even up for wrestling guns out of the oppositions arms, but I am also aware that unless you know the opposition really well, they probably wouldn't take kindly to that sort of physical contact. :D

Greg.

I may be boring but I'm not really comfortable with the whole knife thing, especially if someone is going to draw it round my neck. I think airsoft should be (for the most part) non contact, a tap on the shoulder and a "you're dead" is sufficient.

Not to mention that alot of airsofters are obsessed with attaching ridiculous knives to their webbing, doesn't fill me with confidence if I see someone running around with a rubber one.

Well where I play, in a normal skirmish as long as a rubber knife makes contact with you, you're considered dead, in the same vein that even a BB hitting you on the fingertips count as a kill.

In full contact games, it then gets a bit more specific, but usually a stab in the chest is sufficient. But hey if one's playing a full contact game then one really should be expecting anything to be possible, so I don't see any issues here, afterall, why go to the trouble of getting a rubber knife around a person's neck when that has a higher chance of failure compared to just tapping them somewhere behind, in a regular game?

People stick to the sort of gameplay they like so someone like Skarclaw would play a normal skirmish where players don't need to get up close and personal to pull off a knife kill, while I'd quite happily play a full contact game and take no offence at having a rubber knife around my neck (or a dildo rubbed in my face for that matter, yes it happened once) :D

Archived