Uber Knifing!

Fightingchook

Well I've gotten 3 thrown knife kills... don't think it's that difficult. No additional rules as far as where I play is concerned. You got the skills, you got the kills.

metal grenades, the rules are only underhand throws and they have to be around knee height.

knee height.... isn't thats like... prone height ...lol.

you got to draw limits somewhere.

like this for example...

want to play ?

lol

:P

FC

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus Christ!

Anyways the knee height rule is because someone once popped a 'nade around a door way at chest height and luck would have it that another dude was on the other side. 'Nade went right into one of his vest pouches and apparently he actually er, made a mess in his pants.

• 2 months later...

I have been carrying a rubber knife to woodland skirmishes for a while, never got to use it yet.

used to play night pistol games at Urban Assault where it might have been useful, might try it if i go again, players there didnt

seem to recognise the "bang" kill , and would immediately turn and attempt to dump a mag on you, so I used to just shoot them in

the backside instead, very difficult to not "flinch" or deny being hit when hit in the bum by a TM MK23...

Got fed up with the cheating so now no more UA for me!

(I had a guy deny being hit whilst I was bouncing tracers off his chest, with a marshall stood next to me... )

I also feel a bit weird seeing real knives on the field , you dont see real guns taken out on the field, I have a leatherman in my vest

( on a lanyard) which is far more useful than the KABAR'S and Glock field knives people seem to enjoy wearing.

"but I might need to cut something" doesnt quite justify 7 inches of steel, especially when the guys wearing them dont "cut local

foliage for camo" , most of them wont even go prone in case they get their multicam dirty! LOL!

As for throwing rubber Knives? I'll have to try that , I taught myself to throw knives many years ago as a hobby (interesting

childhood!) but I never thought about throwing my rubber knife, good call!

Jim

( wanders off to built a nylon sheath for his training knife...)

my view is on the scurmish site leathermans , swiss army"s yes , all other knives (fixed or locking) should not be allowed , the potential for injury is just to great , rubber knives go for it , if you can sneek up on some one and "knife kill them" good effort !(even if its just for the comedy value !) though the jury is still out for me weather it should be a tap or your allowed to "stab n slash" the other player .

I'm desperate for a rubber AK bayonet to put on my rig. Ive got a real bayonet which looks great (and is my one and only pukka war trophy) but many sites wont let you carry a real knife for good reaons.

carrying on from the previous post about carrying knives i was at an event where someone was carrying a real knife to show it off. he pushed through a bush and walked into his best mate on the other side and slashed his neck by accident. urgh! he was ok in the end though.

Archived