Pantac 3 Day Assault Pack(tan) & Pantac TAB Pack (TAD2) (Ranger green) comparison

I'm sure most of you out there are already very familiar with these two packs here. There have already been a lot reviews out there on chinese forums about these two packs so I'm not going to go into too much detail.

Both are faithful recreations of the originals with quality materials, 1000D Codura, YKK zippers, UTX and Innux buckles, etc.

I just want to put the two packs together to give you guys a picture of how they compare in size and to share with you some of my thoughts on the packs (mostly the TAB). (Most people are familiar with the Pantac 3D pack so the pics are mostly focused on the TAB as well)

Side view (the TAB is a little taller than the 3D but has less volume, I assume this is because of the large size of the front pouch on the 3D pack)

Back

The carrying system on the TAB is a big improvement from the 3D pack. The back is heavily padded and the design of the shoulder straps is excellent. They have perfect contact with your shoulders and are very comfortable to wear, where as the shoulder straps on the 3D pack, though heavily padded, do not quite feel as comfortable. I felt noticeably stronger pressure on the inner sides of the shoulder straps and when carrying a heavy load you mush use the shoulder strap clips to hold them together if you want to avoid pain. But maybe if you had really wide shoulders this would not be an issue at all, however that is not the case for me.

Heavily padded back with mesh to help with ventilation.

Water reservoir pouch fits a 3L camelbak OMEGA perfectly.

How ever if you plan to use an Omega reservoir with Big Bite, like me, you will find that the hole left for the hose is too small. There is no way you can fit the Big Bite through, but you can take it off, pull the hose through and then put it back on again. I know it's a lot of work but that's the only way you can do it without modifying the pack. But once it's through everything's quite nice and tight.

The "gun holding system".

The straps on the TAB are much more comfortable but are only held on the pack by this tripe of nylon. I hope it can stand the punishment of heavy loads in the long run. Well, time will tell.

All in all I'm happy with the pack and will be looking to use it whenever possible.

If you want to know more about the packs please don't hesitate to ask me, I will be glad to answer your questions.

post-60727-1240630042_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630050_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630057_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630063_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630071_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630077_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630082_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630087_thumb.jpg

post-60727-1240630092_thumb.jpg

I have the Pantac 3D in Coyote Brown and its a great pack. I took it backpacking at Worlds End State Park in Pennsylvania and I have no complaints about it at all. Its a tough pack, I was able to fit 6 MRE's, a 100oz water bladder, in the main compartment, 4 pairs of socks and some pajama pants in the secondary pocket, and all kinds of trinkets in the accessory pocket.

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

Edited by Spartan XV
I have the Pantac 3D in Coyote Brown and its a great pack. I took it backpacking at Worlds End State Park in Pennsylvania and I have no complaints about it at all. Its a tough pack, I was able to fit 6 MRE's, a 100oz water bladder, in the main compartment, 4 pairs of socks and some pajama pants in the secondary pocket, and all kinds of trinkets in the accessory pocket.

I guess it's my soulders then. But I do however feel that the TAB pack would be even better if the shoulder pads were padded a bit heavier like the 3D pack.

• 2 months later...

I have that tan bag above, and in Beijing it is labeled as 'Rescuer" or Rescue or something, now it may be a cheap copy but it seriously feels like the worst POS I've ever touched. It feels so cheap. The material is rough and not bendy, the straps are horribly small, and it's overall too small for me (192cm). Actually I got it for my girlfriend, it's big on her but she's a small chinese girl.

I use a Voodoo Tactical 3day Assault pack, which feels amazing compared to this one. (AKA- OE)

But then again I'm really picky. I don't like any Rescuer product actually, The material and colors they use are horrid. Sadly it's the only brand I can find in Beijing.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=160187

I sure do I pretty much own every backpack Pantac makes including there two new ones which will have reviews soon. I do have to say I prefer the way the tad replica carry's a load it feels more comfortable but I much prefer the storage space of the 3 day assault as well as the plastic and metal bit you can mold. I have to say I really like the new forward deployment backpack. It holds a ton and is by far the most comfortable.

• 4 months later...
I have that tan bag above, and in Beijing it is labeled as 'Rescuer" or Rescue or something, now it may be a cheap copy but it seriously feels like the worst POS I've ever touched. It feels so cheap. The material is rough and not bendy, the straps are horribly small, and it's overall too small for me (192cm). Actually I got it for my girlfriend, it's big on her but she's a small chinese girl.

I use a Voodoo Tactical 3day Assault pack, which feels amazing compared to this one. (AKA- OE)

But then again I'm really picky. I don't like any Rescuer product actually, The material and colors they use are horrid. Sadly it's the only brand I can find in Beijing.

Therer are over 5 companies copying the TAD EDC pack. Flyer and Pantac are among the few that use real Invista 1000D CORDORA nylon.

The reason why you can't find pantac is that the company uses the C2000 name in China.

• 4 weeks later...
Therer are over 5 companies copying the TAD EDC pack. Flyer and Pantac are among the few that use real Invista 1000D CORDORA nylon.

The reason why you can't find pantac is that the company uses the C2000 name in China.

What about those sold on ebaybanned and airsoftpark? Is the quality comparable?