Boyi HK416 Review

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well.. after receiving my 416 in the post the other week, im not too pleased. The externals are nice and i quite like the gray body, but the internals is where the problems start to begin, first of all the hop-up doesnt give the best range possible and the dial was also loose on mine, the gearbox locked up on its first skirmish causing me to have to disassemble the whole gun (bad shimming i suspect), and the motor is sooo loud and whiney (even adjusted properly). So yeh not to pleased with Kalash/Dboys, now im going to have to buy the M16A4 :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another heads-up if you´re looking for some pmags for Dboys HK416: had to modify my STAR pmags because they didn´t fit deep enough. So I had to sand off (or in fact carve with knife) plastic a bit on the front end to get it fit nicely. Here´s the result:

hk416014.jpg

Also, this is how it looks like, just a quick configuration:

hk416012.jpg

Edited by uba
  • 1 month later...

Yea, it really is very nice externally compared to the usual Chinese guns. I've turned a few heads too while mentioning that it's a Dboys. :P

Just as a report, mine is doing fine now after a few months. I had a few problems with hop rubbers after stupidly taking the Systema rubber out, but otherwise it's fine. An amazement is that the externals are in superb condition, the paint for instance has held on A LOT better than CA paint I have horrid experience with.

P1010093.jpg

My 416's piston broke after maybe 10000 shots. The first tooth broke off and jammed the gearbox. Since I had no spares lying around, I took the piston from a brand new Dboys scar-l. Ten shots and the first tooth came off on that one as well. So yeah, I wouldn't really say these gearboxes are as good as all the other brands.

• 6 months later...

What would be the first things to improve internally including hopup and innerbarrel. Ive read something that the piston is weak or something, so i have thought to get CA piston with Systema piston head with bearings. Im bit low-budget guy, but i still can get some money, but takes some time still. Ive had thought too Hurricane kind of full tune up kit for the gun including Piston head with bearings, cylinder, cylinder end, spring guide with bearings and M100 spring and for the piston still CA reinforced piston. Im getting anyway new bearings for the gun no matter what FTK ill buy.

My 416's piston broke after maybe 10000 shots. The first tooth broke off and jammed the gearbox. Since I had no spares lying around, I took the piston from a brand new Dboys scar-l. Ten shots and the first tooth came off on that one as well. So yeah, I wouldn't really say these gearboxes are as good as all the other brands.

You are so unlucky.

Both my Dboys AK are running fine after who knows how many rounds... (I ran atleast 15 bags of bb through one of them) without breakage of stock internals... the only thing that broke was one of the aftermarket 7mm bearings I put into it and now it just ran 4000 rounds on stock nylon bushings (emergency in-field repair).

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that AK are blessed by motherland.

Edited by adadqgg

What would be the first things to improve internally including hopup and innerbarrel. Ive read something that the piston is weak or something, so i have thought to get CA piston with Systema piston head with bearings. Im bit low-budget guy, but i still can get some money, but takes some time still. Ive had thought too Hurricane kind of full tune up kit for the gun including Piston head with bearings, cylinder, cylinder end, spring guide with bearings and M100 spring and for the piston still CA reinforced piston. Im getting anyway new bearings for the gun no matter what FTK ill buy.

Bringing this up back again, because didnt get any answers at first time.

Bringing this up back again, because didnt get any answers at first time.

What I ended up doing to mine:

1) ELEMENT red hop-up unit

2) ELEMENT H nub (white)

3) Prometheus Purple soft hop rubber

4) 6.03mm 363mm Tightbore inner barrel

5) Rewired to buffer tube with a MOSFET unit I built

6) ELEMENT M4 airnozzle

7) ELEMENT Ver 2 Cylinder head

8) ELEMENT Piston head with bearing

9) ELEMENT Piston

10) M100 spring

11) ELEMENT bearing V2 spring guide