bigguyairsoft is a scammer

First off, I'm an idiot for thinking about doing this transaction in the first place. Also for thinking he was a legitimate buyer/seller. I was also an idiot for not reading this thread about him. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=79413

He is also the same person from this quote from one our mods AliceHKfan disputes.

not to Necro-post or anything, but he's the same guy who stole my Mk23 in 2006 and he is currently using the username of bigguyairsoft here on Arnies as well checking his old Bustr5 username.

My Sales thread

Him trying to sell it off again

(without KA KAC suppressor + adaptor and BHI SOCOM thigh holster)

Edit: Mk23 also came with BHI suppressor/pepper spray pouch

Please do not do business with this person. His info is:

Name: R*** **** **** **** ****

Address:

Also more info from AliceHKfan that will help others from doing business with him.

I looked before and there are posts on about 4 IP's iirc and 3 usernames which occasionally share the same IP which are, Bustr5, BigGuyAirsoft, and JasterUSSAF

So the story goes: As many have seen, I had my A&K Masada for sale recently and was sold. I recently sold it to bigguyairsoft who just received it Friday. As of this morning, the stock has been broken. He also states that I sold him a lemon and that the aeg will not fire. Before the item was shipped it was in perfect condition and was operating completely fine. I have many people who I have complete transactions with who can vouch for my creditability, and that I do not send lemons. I have also been a member for quite a while and have made numerous buys and sells without any problems what so ever. All I can deem of this unfortunate occurrence is bad luck.

well that guy is a *rickroll* i could careless what you pull up. ill just contact paypal and my credit card company and get it back

i just tried to fire the gun and it doesnt work its not the fuse it is still good. now i see why you sold it it a *fruitcage* lemon i want my money back

The stock was perfectly fine when I sent it out.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=79413

As of now can only imagine what his is doing to the Masada before or if he even ships it back to me. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ask for it to be returned, document it, and see if he returns it or not. If he does return it try to figure out what went wrong (could have been shipping). If not let paypal know, they should side with you as he would then have given you no chance to resolve the problem, and he did not return the defective product. If he demands his money back request that the item be returned first, so you can try to resolve any problems with it.

If he ships you a perfectly working rifle then he's scamming you. If he send you one with the problems he's described this morning or in the first emails he sent, then there is a problem somewhere that needs to be fixed, perhaps it was damaged in shipping. If he continues to have amounting problems then something is not right, and if he ships you back a bag full of shattered pieces then he's a jerk, and a scammer.

Whatever you do save the conversations, pictures, PDFs, screen captures, whatever is available that has a time stamp, and some form of name that can be linked to him(screen name, email...). Printing out paper copies is always a good option in case something goes wrong.

In addition, you should both clear funds out of the paypal account AND the bank account to which it is linked (hopefully you didn't link your paypal account to your primary bank account . . . ). That way, if he tries some shenanigans, there isn't any money there to take, and you aren't out the cash for the months it can take PayPal to sort this stuff out.

If you DID link to your primary bank account, you might be able to talk to the bank and sever that link or something so PayPal can't debit your account. It's for this very reason that I opened a seperate account for PayPal, so it isn't linked in any way to my real finances.

Other than that, I agree with FrogFish. Let him return it, shipping insured, as his cost. Document EVERYTHING. Allowing him this option is the only way to cover your butt and get PayPal to side with you if he tries a chargeback.

Good luck!

-Tuthmose

Sadly, this is why we started to introduce the 100 post minimum rule. The vast majority of problems come from those who only post here to sell and buy.

Can't say I really agree. I've been here for close to a year, and while I'm in Canada and wouldn't be buying much on here anyways, my unwillingness to spam 100 messages shouldn't stop me from using the buy/sell.

Can't say I really agree. I've been here for close to a year, and while I'm in Canada and wouldn't be buying much on here anyways, my unwillingness to spam 100 messages shouldn't stop me from using the buy/sell.

i beleive if you pm a mod/admin with that proof they will allow you access to the sales section (with the clause should a bad responce be found it gets revoked)

anyway good luck with this, Did you ask him if the packaging was in good order.

i sent a parcel well wrapped, the buyer got it and it looked fine but the parcel company had managed to smash the gearbox case (the plastic body had flexed just enough to not crack). but there was evidence on the wrapping with a indent mark.

hope you sort it out.

Richard

if the buyer sends the item back within a certain amount of time,no matter what the condition the buyer is eligable for a refund.

i sold an item on ebay that the buyer canobalised for parts then wanted to send it back,i even proved hed exchanged parts but paypal wasnt interested,just said he was entitled to a refund on return of the item.

paypal doe not protect the sellers,thousands will vouch for this.

They can't take the money back if it isn't there. I urge anybody using PayPal to link it to a separate, dedicated bank account they use ONLY for that purpose. Money comes in from a sale, you move it from PayPal to the bank, and then withdraw it from the bank account. They can't take what isn't there. Sure, they can try a chargeback, but you can then dispute the charge with your bank on your side. More importantly, during the dispute, PayPal doesn't have your money, and they can't touch your real finances either. Worse case senario, you just close the PayPal account and walk away. They won't come after you, because demanding a refund in the case of such a scam will never hold up in court and they know it.

In addition to taking good picture before you ship and item, and insuring the shipping process, it's the best thing you can do to protect yourself from scammers.

-Tuthmose

As of right now he hasn't shipped it out, or at least given me a tracking number even though we agreed to return and refund. He's been wanting to return it since saturday. Hes either trying to figure out how to dissassemble it and canobalize it or hes taking it out for a joy ride before returning it to me. Thank you all for your input.

Update:

As of April 30th I was gaven a tracking number and then demanded a refund. It's been three days since he gave me the tracking number but it still yeilds no record of anything being shipped. After I told him I would only issue a refund after the tracking number verified a package being shipped out would I issue a refund. Directly after that he threatened me he would resort to paypal. As of today, Ma 2nd th tracking number still yields no record. Seems as if he is trying to keep the masada and getting a refund back. He is aso resorting to using single post message so no history is retained in the messages. Here is the discussion:

This is right after I stated that I will not issue a refund unless the tracking number yields a record of shipment.

are u serious look id dont know what to tell you if you dont start the refund asap ill just call paypal again

did start the refund yet?

Have you shipped it out? If youre going to keep it, lmk. Otherwise send it back. This isn't a joy ride.

ok will do

Please return the masada and I wil issue you the refund. I just recently refunded another

member and noticed that it takes 3-4 days for the refund to clear. I just wanted to note the time it would take ahead of time so that we wouldn't have any misunderstandings. Please send me the tracking # tomorrow when you ship it out.

its the cheap plastic it seems weaker then the rest of the lower frame. yea i really had no problem fixing the stock but cuz it didnt fire i was like uggghhh i never took one apart and i shouldnt have to i guess if i really looked at it i would figure it out but i really shouldnt have to you must under stand

I got it. I still don't understand how it broke, espically since it wasn't broken before it was shipped and also since the packaging was intact when it reached you. I can only think of one other way that it could have been broken. So the reason you want a refund is because the aeg won't fire?

Notify PayPal that you believe you are being scammed, and submit your evidence. Be as preemptive about the issue with them as you can. You are certainly not obligated to give a refund until the item is actually returned in hand, not just because he says he sent it back, especially since there seems to be proof he did not.

Keep keeping the records as you have been, of every bit of correspondence. I'd also stop writing your end in txt speech - start writing replies to him as you would a business letter. It will help your case.

-Tuthmose

like tuthmose said, I would not submit the refund until you have the actual product in hand. Because he could give you a shipping number but inside the box could be a steaming turd or something like that. Also, when you send PMs there is a little box right above the send button that says "save a copy in sent messages" click that and then you will be able to have proof of what you respond to him.

For I all I know it could be a steaming pile, if he even sent anything. The fact that he gave me a fake tracking number and then demanded a refund right afterward just goes to show. He stated that the package would be in no later then Tuesday, but we'll have see about that. I just notified paypal's security center about the attempt and I'm on standby for a response.

the mailman said it might take a day or two you should get it no later than tuesday
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

It's been 11 days since he gave me a fake tracking number and demanded a refund. With even the slowest postal service it would have been delivered by now. It's a good thing I decided to waited to issue a refund, because my AEG, or the steaming pile, never came in. I hope he doesn't show his face around here and try to scam other sellers/buyers. I also hope he knows I'm not going to accept a return of any kind after he sent me a fake tracking number also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived