Army Works MEU in Black and Stainless

I just received mine from KHmountain. Very good service, defo recommended.

It feel very nicely weighted as others have already said. I think there might be a new version of the magazine as mine does not have the silent fill valve.

Bad points are:

1) some of the paint isn't completely flat in the fiddly areas, such as just under the rear sight and on the edge of the grip safety

2) right hand safety lever is so loose that it cannot engage safety but it's not so loose that it rattles

Anyone got a fix for the loose safety?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got mine today on your review guiness and man is it lovely, coming out at 350 fps :D havent had a chance to shoot in the garden yet though and test accuracy floorless paint work and gave my grips a good home

I dont like the magazines as they dont seem to sit as high as they should and you can see the silver of the mag poking out the bottom is this normal? Will normal 1911 mags without the bumpers fit? (not the TM 1911 MEU kind)

Since the pic this morning i have sanded the barrel in the breach area for a silver look and whited out the markings :)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st_shooter/001-7.jpg

Edited by 1st_shooter

I think the silver should stick out, but only a bit, definatelly less than on the Army MEU. I love it though. Maybe because this gun is the closest I can get to a ICQB, on wich the silver part of the mag sticks out a lot.

Can you post pics of the polished barrel? are you doing the chamber too?

I found a problem with my one. The mag is held high enough in the grip to create such a tight fit of the seal on the mag with the piston that sometimes the slide will not return fully to the front when fired pointing upwards!

A bit of silicone will sort it out, but only for a couple of mag's worth of shots.

I think the silver should stick out, but only a bit, definatelly less than on the Army MEU. I love it though. Maybe because this gun is the closest I can get to a ICQB, on wich the silver part of the mag sticks out a lot.

Can you post pics of the polished barrel? are you doing the chamber too?

sorry just did the chamber not the actual barrel i ment.

005-14.jpg

came out quite well you cant see the markings as its so shiny in the light! but because they are quite deep they still appear in black so its lush!

mine just came in and i have a few problems with it. first, the magazine is a pain to fill, i use a propane adapter and whenever i load it it spurts out propane everywhere, but it does get the gas in for a good 30 shots. i dunno if this is because the plastic of my adapter got warped or its because of the valve on the mag, but im 90% sure its the mag because i fill my WE magazines just fine.

second, sometimes when i shoot, the mag release veryy slightly disengages and causes the mag to slide down and protrude from the bottom a bit so i have to either hold the mag or the right side of the mag release down. anyone else having this problem?

third, the safety is easily engaged. not so much a problem of army's, maybe i just need to get used to 1911's? is there an aftermarket safety lever to remedy this?

otherwise, this gun is a dream to shoot, decent enough accuracy and range for a backup in woodland or a primary in cqb, and this thing is LOUD :D

• 2 weeks later...
Just the included ones. I have three total, and all three developed leaks. GREAT.

Thanks for that. Do you mean you have 3 Army mags that originally shipped with a pistol or are some of your mags the aftermarket Army mags that you can get from Ehobby

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magazines/gas-p...27-meu-gbb.html

Yes, unfortunately they don't work.

So I've taken an interest in this weapon. As a full metal .45 with ambidextrous safeties, this one caught my eye. So if i were to purchase this weapon, what pieces would you recommenced be replaced? I'm thinking outer barrel, hop-up unit, piston head, maybe the feeding nozzle. I'd like a weapon that's very reliable.

So I've taken an interest in this weapon. As a full metal .45 with ambidextrous safeties, this one caught my eye. So if i were to purchase this weapon, what pieces would you recommenced be replaced? I'm thinking outer barrel, hop-up unit, piston head, maybe the feeding nozzle. I'd like a weapon that's very reliable.

To get the most out of these, replace/upgrade the inner barrel and hop rubber first, next go the enhanced spring and valve route, oh and use TM mags with them.

• 2 weeks later...

i just opened up my meu to put some "upgrade" parts in and found a few things.

1. The hop groove on the stock inner barrel is cut at slightly the wrong place so it sits a bit rotated in the pistol I don't imagine this causes too much problems though

2. The stock inner barrel is too tight to accept a stock TM inner barrel :( so it might follow that it's too tight to take aftermarket tightbores.

3. the hop arm engages the rubber at a light angle so that one side of the v-hop is touch further forward than the other. Thankfully it's flat so it's not stronger on one side than the other.

All in all though, for a close up gun these things don't matter too much so it's still a bargain if you want the MEU look :)

• 3 months later...

I wanted to get this because an airsoft magazine contributor here is Thailand written an article on DIY the flaws of this piece. And it doesn't cost a bomb.

When I got to the shop which I always go to, they insisted I take the Bell Eg 728 latest version. I find no reason to hate or display that piece except that its isn't TM compatible...??? WTF? But I gotten to like 1911, I hated it before I bought it but now, I need to have another. And I am getting the R27 this time!

But I thought of the silver one.... there is a diff in FPS for the black and silver.... strange! Somebody inthe UK here shot 350 FPS?

Thanks for the review, shoulda read this earlier.

B

I wanted to get this because an airsoft magazine contributor here is Thailand written an article on DIY the flaws of this piece. And it doesn't cost a bomb.

When I got to the shop which I always go to, they insisted I take the Bell Eg 728 latest version. I find no reason to hate or display that piece except that its isn't TM compatible...??? WTF? But I gotten to like 1911, I hated it before I bought it but now, I need to have another. And I am getting the R27 this time!

But I thought of the silver one.... there is a diff in FPS for the black and silver.... strange! Somebody inthe UK here shot 350 FPS?

Thanks for the review, shoulda read this earlier.

B

The Bell looks fine apart from the markings. What's the deal with 'Springfeld Armoy' ? It really ruins the look of the pistol.

Typo on the above post. Should be "...they insisted I take the Bell Eg 728 latest version. I find no reason to hate or dislike that piece except that its isn't TM compatible...??? "

Mine's "Springfield Armory".

I think its only the older Bell 1911 with that flawed markings?

Oh, for anyone who have problems with the leaky mag. This is an article that appeared on a magazine and a fuller, more detailed version here. I think the author took enough photos to illustrate the point across than reading it... because its in Thai and I can't read it too!

http://www.siambbgun.com/board/index.php?topic=185679.0

B