What are you scared of

scorch

I was just having a little think to myself, what are people afraid of? Is there a normal thing for adults to be scared of?

So I'm doing what any 21st century man with a question would do. Put it to the internet. ;)

Myself, I'm scared of badgers. They're bigger and stronger than people will have you believe, and the thing that bothers me the most about them is the fact they roam about in my local countryside.

So... What are you afraid of Arnie's?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Myself, I'm scared of badgers.

*takes obvious bait* oh hi there.

back on topic...

The Badger isn't really scarred of material things, animals and terrorism and towels, he has a natural fear response to them, but not to the degree that hes actually fearful of them...

Hes more afraid of living an unfulfilled life, he just can't sit in an office every day for the next forty years making quotas, giving presentations, talking at the cooler. He needs more than the standard issue job with tie, sedan, house, wife, 2.3 children. Someday hes going to die, and its all going to fall apart. He would much rather live a short violent and interesting life than one that dragged on into obscurity. He fears having to worry about his legacy, whether his offspring will continue his legacy. He doesn't want to be remembered as just another person who lived out his days in the warm center of society, he needs something more from it.

That's what he is afraid of, and he still has no remedy for this fear.

Horses. Just being around them really bugs me out. I dont like their eyes, their smell...anything about them. I respect them and their riders if I pass them on the road...just dont expect me to go within about 10ft of one.

That, and as Skarclaw says, TCB reaching any sort of position of power over anything.

I don't think I have any irrational fears (or at least haven't come across one yet!) about myself but I do have a slightly irrational fear of my girlfriend getting hurt. Her standing next to giant waterfalls and at the top of high cliffs gives me sweaty palms and teh fear.

my wife :huh: and the way that a wife can 'asset strip' a man and move on to the next if they feel like it .

my eldest son . he's only 5 but arkham had better get their s##t together by the time this one gets to his teens , the joker's got nothing on this boy !

religion . just another word for tribalism . it's a mechanism for division which generally leads to conflict along the line . and when it reaches the point of fundamentalism , it gets scary.

the A13 between stamford le hope and the M25 , this road frightens the pants off me . whenever i work at tilbury power station there's always some idiot removing him/herself from the genepool and trying to take as many other drivers with them as possible.

I have an irrational fear of spiders, can't stand the buggers. Its weird though because I be playing airsoft with all manner of creepy crawlies getting in amongst my webbing etc and care about it then, sitting here at the computer and I notice something on the floor out of the corner of my eye and its one of those big brown house spiders then I'm reaching for the nearest heavy object to splat the thing.

Archived