What are you scared of

scorch

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an irrational fear of spiders, can't stand the buggers. Its weird though because I be playing airsoft with all manner of creepy crawlies getting in amongst my webbing etc and care about it then, sitting here at the computer and I notice something on the floor out of the corner of my eye and its one of those big brown house spiders then I'm reaching for the nearest heavy object to splat the thing.

+ 1 to that!

Ben.

im starting to get over my fear of spiders. its gotten to the point where the only ones that scare me are the quarter+ size non hairy ones. if is skinny, scraggly and large, i'ma GTFO.

other than that, the only thing im scared of is getting caught in a situation where i cant fight back.

I have an irrational fear of spiders, can't stand the buggers. Its weird though because I be playing airsoft with all manner of creepy crawlies getting in amongst my webbing etc and care about it then, sitting here at the computer and I notice something on the floor out of the corner of my eye and its one of those big brown house spiders then I'm reaching for the nearest heavy object to splat the thing.

same. a few weeks ago i got out of the shower, chucked on my dressing gown and this *fruitcage* off great house spider runs up my sleeve onto my shoulder. seriously it must have been at least 4 inches leg-to-leg, needless to say i freaked out.

having a rather large 8 legged monstrosity running at your face is not really what you want at half 7 in the morning after a heavy night.

Getting hit with tiny plastic pellets.

But on an irrational fear, I cured my fear of heights - just got back from the climbing centre.. :D

I was on a careers visit and some nice men from the Royal Artillery were putting on an abseil, we all got a go and I lied that I wasn't afraid of heights. On the way up, the chap in front of me says 'I'm dropping bricks' and the CSgt at the top turns to me and says 'YOUR NOT AFRAID ARE YOU BOY!?' So I goes, erm.. no. And he goes

"JUMP!!"

Never looked back and love the thrill of being up high now.

Myself, I'm scared of badgers. They're bigger and stronger than people will have you believe,

Moose. Every time the moose mating season is on, those *albatrosses* keep on running to the road.

Moose, the Finnish equivalent of Badgers.

Have you ever hit a badger in a car? A friends bro hit one, and it was still alive in the passenger footwell, after going through the engine. Guy in the passenger seat got out the car mighty quickly.

Have you ever hit a badger in a car? A friends bro hit one, and it was still alive in the passenger footwell, after going through the engine. Guy in the passenger seat got out the car mighty quickly.

I hit one with a 15 seat minibus going at 60mph in the head.

Minibus 1 - 0 Badger

There is a mile and a half stretch of road I have to go down to get from town to my village where badgers are so prevailant they put up warning signs.

I have a motorbike.

If I hit one and I haven't killed it, its gonna kill me.

Spiders.

If it's bigger than about 1/231 of a millimeter accross I am OUT the room until the place has been pumped full of cyanide and searched for anymore.

Seems very odd to me having a fear of something so small and harmless because other than that I'm almost fearless.

Wouldn't have to think twice about bungee jumping, skydiving hell I'd give base-jumping a go. But spiders. >_<

I'm not afraid of that because its a spider, I'm afraid of it because it has a face that resembles a gingers nad sack :fear:

So at least we know where the weak spot is for massive damage when a size 11 boot heel is applied at a rate of knots.

Archived