What are you scared of

scorch

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
trapped in my kayak, upside down and not able to get the spraydeck off, especially if it happened on moving water that has rocks etc.. :no:

then learn to roll its not that hard :D

but back ontopic id have to say: hights, small dogs and overly ecofriendly people

cheeres

A

I have a bit of a fear of being cut on the back of my ankles, on my neck, and especially on the front of my wrists. Something about the thought of it sometimes makes me cringe.

I also don't like medical needles. A tiny metal tube piercing my skin and entering the center of my vein/artery also makes me cringe. I have to look away whenever I have to get something done at the doctor's. :P

I used to fear negative change in my life (like death of a close family member) but now I don't really think about it that much. I get spooked a bit by large (1+ inch) spiders, and being high up gives me an uneasy feeling, but I think those are pretty normal human reactions...

My father, RIP. One badass scary mofo. He laid the *fruitcage* smackdown whenever I did something wrong or stupid. Sure, heights, creatures, movies, or video games may induce anxiety in some people, but that man invoked true fear. He wasn't one of those "it's ok, we all make mistakes" or give lectures on right and wrong kind of guys. If I didn't use common sense or when I got on his bad side, I knew I had *fruitcage* hell to pay. And on the days he was drunk, holy *suitcase*...

Heh,

It's more interesting what we choose to admit to being scared of.

I mean, I could go on for hours talking about stuff that I'm scared of; losing limbs, paralysis, being burned alive, drowned, eviscerated. You get the idea.

Thing is that, unless I'm mistaken, they're all pretty sensible things to be afraid of. Anybody with any brains would feel the same.

It's when people admit to being afraid of weird stuff that it gets interesting.

I must admit, I'm not keen on spiders. Mostly I think it's because I don't like to splat them but that have a nasty habit of dying or losing bits if you try to toss em out of the house.

I've seen some pretty big spiders but nothing that wouldn't come 2nd in a fight with a combat boot so I get by.

Oddly enough, when I see spider-things in video games it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Those spider-aliens in Doom 3 probably freak me out more than any other baddie. Probably because they are too big to squidge under a boot.

Off hand, I can't really think of any proper phobias that I have.

I guess the thing that worries me most is people.

What I mean is that individuals can be fine on a one-to-one basis but when you get groups of people together it sometimes seems like they stop thinking. A mob mentality asserts itself and bad things happen.

It's odd because I've been in situations where I've seen groups of people doing bad things and then, afterwards, if you talk to individuals who were part of the group they'll often concede that they were wrong.

It always worries me when groups of people start acting bonkers.

Being ###### sexually towards women, because i am honest about the fact that i don't know what is the best and what isn't i just hope it is.

Really.

Oh and Chuck Norris, that guy scares the life outta me, especially all that stuff i read sbout him, he seems like a bad guy.

And to top it off, coleslaw as it makes me vomit, only food that makes me do it but it does nonetheless.

'FireKnife'

Here's a weird one. Not scared, but it kind of invokes the gag reflex, is 'stickers'. Usually used stickers or anything with an adhesive backface. I absolutely HATE things like old stickers that have collected hairs, dirt, and general filth, because they can then cling on to you.

BLECH!

Just found out my sister is terrified of chickens.

Mother just told me about the time they were at a petting zoo type place and she was stood on top of the picnic table screaming "They're gonna peck my eyes out!!"

She was 15 at the time, so not really rational.

Heights and very restricted underground spaces, but bizarrely I love to climb. Its my favourite pastime, but only on a rope( I love to lead climb to those who know what that is) but I get terrified walking to exposed crags and scrambling! Also I rather enjoyed potholing as long as I can keep moving and no-one blocks my way, otherwise the heartrate rockets. The idea of being trapped alone in a tunnel underground, with your arms pinned to your sides, unable to move in the pitch dark, is something I find quite alarming.

I've just scared myself :unsure:

And to top it off, coleslaw as it makes me vomit, only food that makes me do it but it does nonetheless.

prunes do that to me. seriously, if i have a prune in my mouth for more than a couple of seconds i'll puke. courgettes (sp?) come close too.

drowning scares me in a way. it's certainly IMO the most unpleasant way to die, but i'm not afraid of swimming etc.

Just found out my sister is terrified of chickens.

i know a lot of girls who are scared of birds, as in scream-and-cross-the-street-to-avoid-a-pidgeon scared. my missus is one of these, which amuses me (arent i horrid :D )

The idea of being trapped alone in a tunnel underground, with your arms pinned to your sides, unable to move in the pitch dark, is something I find quite alarming.

this gets me too, badly. there isnt a chance in hell i would ever go caving or anything like that.

although, confined spaces dont really bother me. i work in the ventilation industry, and can happily crawl down ducts no wider than my shoulders, in a 'Bishop from aliens' stylee.

BUT I EFFING HATE SPIDERS!

if theres one in the room when watching TV or whatever, i can only concentrate on the spid.

and if i see one in the bedroom, its been known for me to turn the room over hunting it, leaving the place like the scene of an aggressive burglary.

was watching tv in bed once, lights off. saw something on the duvet, like the shadow from the tv. ignored it. saw it again, turned light on. A BLOODY NASTY SPIDER was crawling towards me. i had to take 'control' of the situation (remotely) :D

i swear to god, spiders can smell fear. they know, man. they know.

*shivers*

edit: just seen eight-legged freaks is on tv now. gah!

I think i'm either afraid of needles, or watching my own blood seep out my arm.

Gave blood (Numero Thrice) today, first time I didn't feel faint. Think its because I didn't look at the needle or bag. First time I did, felt woozy, second time I ran 8 miles just before.

Archived