What are you scared of

scorch

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Spiders

-Mother*fruitcage*ing snakes

-Confined spaces/vehicles

-Genital violence. Doesn't matter if they're mine, some other guy's or even a girl's. That stuff makes me cringe. :o

I also don't like being alone at night. It's either incredibly childish or incredibly primal, but I get really uncomfortable and a tad paranoid.

I'm scared of 15+% national unemployment.

Sales tax. At 8.375% you would try to avoid it also. (Few exemptions to it too. Things like clothing are taxed. And that extra 0.375% goes to the totally corrupt MTA. The city can preach what they like about the poor but a sales tax this insane is completely regressive. No thanks, I'll buy my big ticket items online and skirt it completely).

Horses. Just being around them really bugs me out. I dont like their eyes, their smell...anything about them. I respect them and their riders if I pass them on the road...just dont expect me to go within about 10ft of one.

me too ,and donkeys too :unsure: . I don't understand why people say they're beautiful animals, they're just elongated cows :huh:

Oh dude that horse picture just made me flip out. Freaking hilarious. On topic: spiders. More recently, camel spiders. Even though they arent technically spiders. If I see one of those when Im in afghanistan Id shoot it. I dont care if I act afraid. Because I am. Have you seen what happens when you get bit by one?

You wouldn't like the UK then. We have VAT (basicly the same thing) currently at 15%. To top it off if you buy something which is taxed, eg booze or petrol, you pay VAT on the tax as well

lol, and VAT is better than it was (was 17.5%)

these yanks just dont know how good they've got it do they? :P when i was in florida last year all the local papers where going on about how fuel prices had skyrocketed out of control... petrol was around 1/3 of the price it was in the UK at the time <_<

lol, 70mpg i dont think so, definitely not average. i know the newer 1.5 turbo diesel clios supposedly average at around 60 (although that seems very optimistic), thats one of the most efficient mainstream cars i know of and i cant see it getting 70mpg even motorway driving. although you have a valid point, part of the reason everyone here has small efficient cars is because fuel is so bloody dear.

i was admitedly astounded by american cars. we rented a 'compact' while we were there, evidently we have very different ideas of compact. what we got was a *fruitcage* massive V6 pontiac, it was the roomiest car i'd ever been in and was supposedly 'compact' :D that and the sheer number of F250s and other gargantuan pickups over there.

You wouldn't like the UK then. We have VAT (basicly the same thing) currently at 15%. To top it off if you buy something which is taxed, eg booze or petrol, you pay VAT on the tax as well

Yeah, a high VAT tax on top of a probably high income tax stinks. Double taxation FTL.

lol, and VAT is better than it was (was 17.5%)

these yanks just dont know how good they've got it do they? :P when i was in florida last year all the local papers where going on about how fuel prices had skyrocketed out of control... petrol was around 1/3 of the price it was in the UK at the time <_<

You guys also have to drive less. In most parts of the states a car is a necessity. Probably why the American government makes a big ruckus whenever those fuel supplies are in danger.

I'm gonna hafta say spiders scare the turds out of me. If it's any bigger than a booger, or a grain of sand, and it's in my immediate vicinity and/or home, it's going to die. I go at it with everything I've got, including airsoft guns, magazines, toilet paper, etc.

lol, 70mpg i dont think so, definitely not average.

Mine supposedly does 70.6 extra-urban (BMW 118d M Sport). Never seen it yet, mind :D

Not a fan of spiders or scorpions. Meeting ex-girlfriends is scary too, though for the life of me I've no idea why - it's not like I'd have anything to fear, but whenever I've seen one in a shop or around town I get a strong urge to be somewhere else as fast as possible. Weird.

I have a friend who's terrified of lobsters, though that's a pretty easy phobia to manage tbh.

Archived