New MBITRs from Toysoldier and Spartan Airsoft

KWP

1)Toysoldier's new MBITR replica will be a functional radio and will have aworking LCD display, PTT button and other buttons on the front for channel selection etc. Another highlight will be a working replica of the U-250 military handset. Not yet confirmed are compatiblity to certain headsets like from Peltor.

Some preview photos (Courtesy TS):

Photo 1/3:

40f17ff0.jpg

Photo 2/3 (3x AA batteries):

4e5aa472.jpg

Photo 3/3 (U-250 handset replica with real markings):

4ee837d2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) The Spartan Airsoft MBITR is a high quality dummy with milspec threads to take real military antennas and headsets/handsets with U-229/U-339 connectors. It's custom made to hold a Motorola T5228, but can be modified for larger ones. It also has an adapter for the Toysoldier blade antenna if you don't have the real one from Thales. If you want to use your Airsoft headset, then the included U-339 connector will help to make it look more realistic.

Up to this date Spartanairsoft's and GWS still claim that GWS is the sole distributor, but I can confirm that the the Hong Kong retailers Supremeco and PX have the radio and Marineshop will have it soon.

Photo 1/3 (The whole set):

50e062a0.jpg

Photo 2/3 (Threads and socket accept real military equipment):

ea7b07c1.jpg

Photo 3/3 (Comparison with the current TS dummy, the Spartan is real dimensions):

f22674ce.jpg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is madness!!! pure madness I tell you. First TS comes out with a *suitcase* MBITR, then Spartan Imports have a better replica, and now TS has an even better working replica coming out!!! AAAaaaagghh!!!!

Now, the only question is, build quality?? How will it be, durable, stable, able to take a decent fall or impact depending on where you place it and if you happen to land on it by accident or what not?? We have questions, they need to have answers.

This is madness!!! pure madness I tell you. First TS comes out with a *suitcase* MBITR, then Spartan Imports have a better replica, and now TS has an even better working replica coming out!!! AAAaaaagghh!!!!

Now, the only question is, build quality?? How will it be, durable, stable, able to take a decent fall or impact depending on where you place it and if you happen to land on it by accident or what not?? We have questions, they need to have answers.

You can't really see it in the pics, but the Spartan is already a huge improvement in material, looks, build quality and function wise (adapters and cables). Alone the included urban antennas from TS and SA are like comparing Hyundai with Mercedes. The SA Antenna is real dimensions, heavy and solid with a real milspec thread and realistic markings and if need be you could use it as a makeshift baton, while the TS is a thin hollow piece of plastic that neither looks nor feels realistic and will snap if bent to hard, plus it has not thread at all.

About the new TS build quality I don't know anything, just hope it will be on par with the SA otherwise I may stay with the SA, but the preview pics look promising.

Needless to say, at 409 mhz, the Toy Soldier one will be illegal to operate in the US and UK at the very least.

Hard to imagine they would be satisfied with just the Hong Kong market - hope they're not.

Any one have any idea how robust the actual radio in the Toy Soldier radio will be? I had the old TS Swimmer headset and the wiring inside was a pure joke, super thin and exposed wiring. I would hate to drop the money on a decent radio just to have it ###### out on me the first time it gets a little wet

Meh, with 409mhz, I'm sure there will be a way for them to land in the laps of US buyers regardless. May be a few restrictions, or mayb they'll cut down the number a bit, but still looks pretty neat for those wanting to finish out their loadouts to the max ya know.

Meh, with 409mhz, I'm sure there will be a way for them to land in the laps of US buyers regardless. May be a few restrictions, or mayb they'll cut down the number a bit, but still looks pretty neat for those wanting to finish out their loadouts to the max ya know.

Sorry, i dont know much about radios and MHZ.. why would 409mhz be illegal in the US? Thanx.

U know what, not really sure myself, I just know that certain radios have to be within a specific guideline or have an FCC license to use certain channels. I think it might have to do with the bandwith, or the fact that you can get a good range out of it and may be able to pick up on other radios as well, maybe even those guys at the drive through of Mcdonald's. Not sure though, I might be way off on this one.

Radio frequencies are regulated by the FCC in the US, certain bands are open, some require a license, some can't be used because they are reserved.

I would like to see one none-the-less to see if it was programmable.

Certain bands are restricted to certain things like say, air traffic control, LE, Military, EMS

The reserved frequencies are literally owned by the government, i dont know what 409 Mhz falls under but it is not civilian.

The rest of them are regulated like Mig 1 said

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/allochrt.pdf

Apparantly, The 409mhz freq in the U.S. is reserved for Radio Astronomy by the looks of the chart linked in the post above and a few other sources. However, I did find THIS, that states it is used at several military installations across the U.S. With a little more searching, I find THIS Which states that the bands were being allocated for federal gov't use. Either way they are restricted in the U.S. and hopefully Toy Soldier won't ignore that, maybe give us some FRS, GMRS, or even UHF freq's because I WANT ONE TOO DARN IT. :P

NOTE: That being said I also found the statement below at THIS link.

In our local context, there are about 2000 licensed radio amateurs operating radio communication all over Hong Kong SAR. The number of operators has been steadily increasing in ever since the localization of radio amateurs’ examination in late 1990s. Also, the introduction of 409Mhz Short Range License-exempted Walkie Talkies aroused greater public interest in amateur radio communications.

EDIT: This is a HK store check the freq's ---> LINK <---

Please make this a 446...

It's legal almost everywhere that I know of, and what would be the point of a working radio if there were almost no-one to radio with?

Everyone I know uses 446mhz radios, even those of us who have real Bowman PRR's have 446's hooked to their secondary PTT.

It would be so nice if we could have a working 446 that looked the part too :)

Why not Crunchy Bunny?

I'm assuming because most functional TS products are c-r-a-p. A guy on another forum said his TS Swimmer headset sucked, everything about it. Although I would love for that MBTIR to be of good quality because I hate the concept of buying a shell to put your radio in or having the shell in the actual MBTIR pouch and a walkie talkie in a smaller radio pouch.

-Luis

I think of course with a lot of their initial products sucked a lot! Except their dummy plates which I had at one time. But with feedback perhaps they may have improved....a little hopefully. Look at WE, even though we have more feedback with them and give more feedback, they listen, and improve as much they can. We can only HOPE that TS does the same or even cares to do the same. I personally would get one of these and the Spartan for the looks. This one more for fucntion, but will never ditch my main radio.

For the Toysolider MBITR a U94 PTT is planned for Comtac, TASC and MSA headsets, although it might get released a little later after the radio itself. It's rumours, but it seems they at least market that in Canada too, so there's a chance of an FRS or PMR version.

Many speculations so far, so I just let some more pics speak for themselves: (Courtesy TS)

Photo 1/3 (Missing on that pic is the bracket for the wearable urban antenna, maybe they won't include one? I dunno):

th_45aa10cf.jpg

Photo 2/3 (Looks like they shrinked it to more realistic dimensions):

th_6aead04f.jpg

Photo 3/3: (It's supposed to have Dual channel function, what would that be?)

th_8128430a.jpg

--------------------------

And some more pics of the Spartan Airsoft MBITR:

Photo 1/3: (MOLLE Adapter for the wearable urban antenna)

th_3256af7d.jpg

Photo 2/3: (U-329 replica connector for Airsoft headsets)

th_0cff945f.jpg

Photo 3/3: (left: replica U-329 connector, right: real deal)

th_e4754343.jpg

If indeed the connectors for a Peltor or Sordin or other headset are true, then its about damn time someone did this! Finally no more going out to buy a different PTT that will cost more or as much as the headset itself when first bought. And if that came with a MBITR PTT then now instead of discarding or trying to sell, one can now use it..hopefully.

Also nice to see they have some sort of M.A.S.T. replication to them to re-locate the antenna

Just for clarification this is a "Spartan Airsoft" product. No relation to "Spartan Imports" the US Airsoft Distributor.

ok wtf i posted the spartan airsoft mbitr 3 days ago and orca locks it cause there is a thread already about it... wtf. i understand the ts is news but why are some threads getting deleted and not others for the same damn thing?

The thing about the TS version that interests me most is the working handset. What are the chances of getting that seperately & getting it working with a PMR?

If you don't use it with the TS MBITR, wouldn't you have to rewire or get a new connector?

If yes, then why not just buy the real handset and rewire it.

Looks like it will be a functioning antenna: (Courtesy TS)

th_e9a37e5c.jpg

Archived