New MBITRs from Toysoldier and Spartan Airsoft

KWP

no, you haven't fixed it, and you haven't understood why it's a bad thing for PMR users.

I think, I wouldn't have asked if I understood ?

"The rest is not up to me"? yes it is. don't use it illegally.

I won't, given I can't pair them to my PMR radios. You are safe.

I'm done policing stuff that no-one cares about or understands.

If one does not understand there is a likely chance one won't care.

clearly you won't be told. go ask on a radio forum.

Maybe will, if time permits.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I am the addressee of this entry so I try to answer it to the very best of my knowledge.

In the mean time, regardless of the legal implications, it shows a HUGE amount of selfishness to field a radio that is powerful enough to screw up everybody elses comm's.

1: it has not been fielded

2: based on what Galactica stated earlier on another thread, unless you are at Ground Zero the effect is the same. So, putting legal implications aside I don't see any difference between using a 0.5W radio and using a 3W radio (of course I am only talking about radio usage in an airsoft game). If I misunderstood what he said, I'll be happy if someone enlightens me.

Why'd you think you have more right to use comm's that a guy with a £15 PMR radio?

I don't think I have more right to use comms than any other guy. Regardless how much that radio cost. The cost of the radio was never part of the question. Since I hate to turn into a parrot I only say take a look above.

2: based on what Galactica stated earlier on another thread, unless you are at Ground Zero the effect is the same. So, putting legal implications aside I don't see any difference between using a 0.5W radio and using a 3W radio (of course I am only talking about radio usage in an airsoft game). If I misunderstood what he said, I'll be happy if someone enlightens me.

You seem to be missing the point.

The legal limit for a 446 radio in the uk is 500mW or 0.5W, 3W is well over the limit - end of, no more trying to justify this it's illegal in the UK and the EU iirc.

If one does not understand there is a likely chance one won't care.

In the eyes of the law ignorance is no defence, if you where unlucky enought to be caught out by OFCOM then this would not wash with them.

Shooting somebody with a 1.35J AEG compared to shooting them with a 1.5J AEG will probably have the same effect.

One is legal to own while the other is not.

Life can be a *badgeress* like that.

Now, given that you aren't willing to give up on this I'm now forced to close this thread so that Arnies isn't seen to be condoning any illegal activity.

:padlock:

Archived