New MBITRs from Toysoldier and Spartan Airsoft

KWP

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't use it with the TS MBITR, wouldn't you have to rewire or get a new connector?

If yes, then why not just buy the real handset and rewire it.

Depends on the connector type, I missed any detail of what connector type they're using. I'm figuring that a TS handset will be cheaper and more easily available than a real deal.

Looks like it will be a functioning antenna: (Courtesy TS)

th_e9a37e5c.jpg

You can't tell from that picture because if there is a TNC connector it's hidden by the threaded connector. And even if there is one in there it can just be there for stability, although there is no good reason why you wouldn't have a detachable antenna other than legality (I have no idea what the laws are in HK).

For the Toysolider MBITR a U94 PTT is planned for Comtac, TASC and MSA headsets, although it might get released a little later after the radio itself. It's rumours, but it seems they at least market that in Canada too, so there's a chance of an FRS or PMR version.

Many speculations so far, so I just let some more pics speak for themselves: (Courtesy TS)

If these two bits of info pan out i'll take three, maybe four (seriously!). And as far as the internal quality, I am game for rebuilding it myself if need be. I too am wondering why something like this has taken so long?

Hard to imagine they would be satisfied with just the Hong Kong market - hope they're not.

It would be difficult to make this into a type-approved FRS or PMR446 radio as the antenna is obviously removable. Unless the large removable antenna is a prop, and the real fixed antenna is inside the radio body, this will not receive type approval and will be technically illegal to use.

First release date was Jan '09, then April and now it's some time in May '09.

At this moment I don't have more detailed information about the connectors for antennas and headsets. Will let you know once I have.

TS distributes via Supremeco and Den Trinity (at least in their walk-in shop)

Hmm...tough choice, better looking non-functioning replica, or functioning slightly less good looking replica

tough indeed

Tough?...perhaps, but then again its going to be in a pouch, and then you won't really be able to tell too much of a difference, considering its in a pouch, pouch placement, and the fact your going to be running around, and perhaps take it out occassionally to show off from time to time.

Hmm, judging from the pictures looks like you can take the PTT from a Sordin headset for the real MBITR, and set it up for actual use. Looks like a definite amongst the community, now TS just needs to let us know more info on their version.

If anyone with the Spartan version is able to hook it up with a pair of sordins and the MBITR PTT, please let us know if and how well that works out.

TS announced a new release date: 6th June 2009 and they accept pre-orders at a privilige price of US$89/unit (normal market price will be about US$108 in Hong Kong walk-in shops). Each pre-order is limited to 2 units max.

Looks pretty final:

Photo 1/5:

th_2b8830e4.jpg

Photo 2/5:

th_c1990db0.jpg

Photo 3/5:

th_0beff0b4.jpg

Photo 4/5:

th_a6a0ee2d.jpg

Photo 5/5:

th_4f70d9c5.jpg

TS announced a new release date: 6th June 2009 and they accept pre-orders at a privilige price of US$89/unit (normal market price will be about US$108 in Hong Kong walk-in shops). Each pre-order is limited to 2 units max.

Maybe a hint on where to pre-order?!? Nothing (as far as I know) has been confirmed for stateside. I think they should make export versions with fixed antennas (in either remote or local) and make them either programmable or with fixed, localized and legal codes. That shouldn't be too hard but I am not in their shoes, either. Also, I think that is a very fair price.

P.S. Thank you tons, KWP, for keeping us updated on this.

If you pay attention to the grammar, it would appear that the in HK part only refers to the normal market price.

That is what I am hoping anyways, but we can all speculate all we want until he clarifies

Just the fact to say that you have one. And even if you don't/can't use it, who's to stop you per-say? I mean why do we get a lot of the things that we get when at times we won't end up using it? Just because we can brotha, just because we can =D

If you pay attention to the grammar, it would appear that the in HK part only refers to the normal market price.

That is what I am hoping anyways, but we can all speculate all we want until he clarifies

Yeah, I phrased that as much a question as an informational remark. Unfortunately, I guess it came across as a speculative statement, as if I knew what I was talking about. My apologies, however, I too hope it is available to the entire world on launch day. Although,...

Just the fact to say that you have one. And even if you don't/can't use it, who's to stop you per-say? I mean why do we get a lot of the things that we get when at times we won't end up using it? Just because we can brotha, just because we can =D

...I won't be buying something that I can't use [legally]. If that was the case, I would just as soon get the spartan for half the price. As with most of the world my income is no longer as disposable as it used to be.

Still, if they get these U.S. legal, i'm in for three.

The frequencies: 20 Channels (#1: 409.7500, #2: 409.7625, .... - #20: 409.9875)

Transmission Power: 0.5W

About pre-order: I would have to go to there walk-in shop here in HK I guess. I can't find any other information on their homepage. Seems they didn't really consider the overseas market for this first version. This way of marketing reminds me of the Japanese, escpecially Marui. <_<

Archived