New MBITRs from Toysoldier and Spartan Airsoft

KWP

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

WELL...It looks like Spartan (??) is doing a working version as well. Unless, the store featured in the video mixed the TS one with the Spartan sign for the non-functional one.

Also, a direct quote from Airsoft-News.eu

Working replica of PRC-148 replica was from Spartan Airsoft was announced earlier this year. First teasers are available, courtesy of GWS:

Spartan Airsoft new PRC-148 functional radio - LIMITED EDITION

COMING SOON

Product specification-

Frequency range: UHF 400 - 470MHz

Battery type: 3.7v rechargeable li-po battery

Weight: 550g

RF Power Output: 3W

Each radio will include the custom made 5 pins connector to fit real steel U-94A/U cable & other issue mic plug, no any modification, ready to connect with your real steel head-set We will update the pricing & release day soon, export sales only

EDIT: Closer pics on the GWS page ---> LINK

WELL...It looks like Spartan (??) is doing a working version as well. Unless, the store featured in the video mixed the TS one with the Spartan sign for the non-functional one.

Also, a direct quote from Airsoft-News.eu

That's great! It looks very nice in the video. I think I was able to read Thates near the screen so it should be the SA one since they don't label theirs as the proper "Thales". It says export only too so you know they'll be legal. The rechargeable battery is a big plus compared to the Toy Soldier's 5 AA batteries. Since it has all the fancy connectors and adapters hopefully it won't run you past $150. We'll see, it looks promising.

Thanks for the update, it had been a while.

-Luis

Yet another brand/version?!?!?

Radio

Radio AND bowman headset

NOTE: $10 price difference between the two, plus this is a pre-order as well.

Based on the pictures and the price, I would probably steer well clear of this one. The craftsmanship looks shoddy at best, notice the edges around the LCD?!?!? It seems about $100 overpriced. At the very least, it's one more option and manufacturer competition. Maybe they will start replicating other radios in the future, this is certainly an untapped ,arket for replica manufaturers. It's kind of hard to compete with bubble pack radios, though.

I'm still holding out for one of the other two, the Spartan probably being my frontrunner, so far.

I think the fact that it comes with a genuine H-250 handset is kinda surprising and not a replica! I mean how many of those can they afford to have and include with each set? I'm definately going to wait till the Spartan one comes out, with the TS one being a secondary backup in case anything happens and the Spartan one is sold out.

Yet with a 20km range and a 5watt output, that is pretty nice and might ensure some good distance, but looks like we'll have to wait for someone to do a review on it to see.

The handset comes separate. It's just the basic Spartan plus a 5W UHF radio and a 5-pin socket. The antenna is a dummy. It's very limited. Release date is mid July '09.

I got pretty much the same info as KWP but through email. At least there should be more than one run based on the first answer. Also, they are not sure at this point if any other retailer will be carrying them. Interesting, when was the TS supposed to be out?

1. We expect the first lot will available on next month

2. We will update on our site if other online shop available this unit, by the way, we accept the paypal.

3. Yes, they are running limited, we will not have much unit available, if you like to order them, please keep on to checking with us, and you can place the pre-order when the pricing available on our site, also you can send us e-mail direct for the checking: info@gunsworkshop.net

Still can't wait for the Spartan Version to come out. If I'm not mistaken, the Spartan is said to be compatible with RS connectors for the Sordin and Peltor headsets right?

What bothers me is the price (unkonwn yet) and the limitation (qty. also unkonw).

It's said you can plug in your H-250/U handset without mods (that's the 5-pin thingy). If that's the same for the Sordin an Peltor, then I guess it works. TS is still not released, that's pretty disappointing, it's more than a half year delay now and it also looks rather cheapo compared to the Spartan housing and parts.

KWP, can you keep us updated on when they'll be released, as well with the Spartan working version as well? I've noticed the TS version on ebay but is on preorder, as well as the Spartan but its the non working model version only for about $70 or so on ebay.

KWP, can you keep us updated on when they'll be released, as well with the Spartan working version as well? I've noticed the TS version on ebay but is on preorder, as well as the Spartan but its the non working model version only for about $70 or so on ebay.

Sure can do, but as for the Spartan working version you can also write an email to GWS and ask them to update you about the release date and pricing etc.

The SPARTAN version looks very promising. The only drawback for me is that it has a 5 pin female connector which I can't use for my PELTOR COMTAC II which has a 6 pin male connector for the PTT. Thinking of stripping the PTT cable and changing the connector to a milspec 5 pin male connector. What worries me is that, will the SPARTAN 5 pin female connector take in a milspec issue 5 pin male connector??? Checked carefully on the pic of the SPARTAN 5 pin female connector and compared it to the milspec issue 5 pin male connector and it looks like the spacing of the pins in the SPARTAN 5 pin female connector is way off compared to the milspec issue 5 pin male connector which is spaced closely together. It will make it difficult to make contact for both connectors. I maybe right or I maybe wrong. Maybe somebody here has some ideas on how to connect the SPARTAN prc-148 mbitr working replica radio to work with a real PELTOR COMTAC II headset??? Any info will be highly appreciated :)

They said that some parts were mil-spec I would assume that the 5 pin is one of them. From the looks of it, the pins look right on the money to me. Some of what you see may be due to the brightness of that part of the pic. The bottom part of the pin looks to be lost in the glare of the lighting. The pic looks pretty close to THIS, but with out actually holding the radio or getting a better pic it's hard to tell. Personally, I think you should be ok. I have a similar setup and i'm gonna chance it. Also, Have you considered changing the plug on the radio to a 6 pin? Maybe, that might be easier.

They said that some parts were mil-spec I would assume that the 5 pin is one of them. From the looks of it, the pins look right on the money to me. Some of what you see may be due to the brightness of that part of the pic. The bottom part of the pin looks to be lost in the glare of the lighting. The pic looks pretty close to THIS, but with out actually holding the radio or getting a better pic it's hard to tell. Personally, I think you should be ok. I have a similar setup and i'm gonna chance it. Also, Have you considered changing the plug on the radio to a 6 pin? Maybe, that might be easier.

Well. changing the plug on the radio to a 6 pin would be a nice idea. But where can I get the 6 pin female plug? Also, would it be easy to take off the current plug on the radio without damaging the radio itself? Will the hole provisioned on the radio for the stock female plug fit the replacement mil-spec 6 pin female plug?

By the way, I forgot to ask what's your setup? :)

Archived