AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye get some T-cut on that to polish out the scratches.

real AKs are kinda glossy anyway.

Exactly Ak's are blued/shiny. when im done ill take some pictures with better lighting. Though the lighting made my AK look more "rough" than "shiny". It still has its blued shine but the lighting might have killed that feature.

But again im trying to keep realistic wear. Ak's wont have their shine or full blued coating after years of use and abuse. rough scratches on certain parts of the frame (sand paper) is not to far from leaning the gun on a brick wall and having it accidently fall off on a rough pavement during an airstrike. Being dragged accidentally while crawling on the ground ect.

Im trying to make this gun look "historic" if u will

Also, What is T-cuting (please explain, for this is my first time experimenting with aging)

any other advice would be helpful

=BB=

I feel a bit daft posting a picture request, but I've scoured the net and the picture threads and I have had zero luck finding what I'm looking for.

A picture of an AIMS (or any AK with a wire folding stock and Romy vertical grip lower handguard) with a drum mag.

Anyone think they could help me out with this? I really want to get an idea of what this would look like before I drop the big $$$ on a STAR drum mag.

durr, my guess was wrong on where to look

i would be concerned with it being easy enough to grab with the front vertical grip the way it is. Might have to resort to hip firing, no shame there lol

Edited by Azulsky
Exactly Ak's are blued/shiny. when im done ill take some pictures with better lighting. Though the lighting made my AK look more "rough" than "shiny". It still has its blued shine but the lighting might have killed that feature.

But again im trying to keep realistic wear. Ak's wont have their shine or full blued coating after years of use and abuse. rough scratches on certain parts of the frame (sand paper) is not to far from leaning the gun on a brick wall and having it accidently fall off on a rough pavement during an airstrike. Being dragged accidentally while crawling on the ground ect.

Im trying to make this gun look "historic" if u will

Also, What is T-cuting (please explain, for this is my first time experimenting with aging)

actually only the AK47 was blued. everything else (including your AKSU) was painted with a semi gloss/satin black paint.

T-cut is a brand of car polish ;) good for removing scratches and marks. obviously you dont want to remove the scratches, they'll still be visible to some degree but the gun will have that much needed shine while stopping the scratches looking quite so obviously sandpapery. if the shine is a bit too much you can wear it down a bit with a scotch brite pad or the like.

mini-DSC02880.jpg

mini-DSC02870.jpg

mini-DSC02878.jpg

mini-DSC02875.jpg

mini-DSC02873.jpg

Deactivated Kovrov PKM w/PK barrel.

-100rnd drum and inert 7.62x54r.

-Soviet AK sling.

Guarder-era RPKN.

-Real steel rear sight.

-Real steel hand guards.

-Soviet AK sling.

-Hero Arms drum.

-Soviet drum pouch.

-1PN34 night vision sight.

Inokatsu-era AKMS.

-Real steel rear sight.

-Real steel hand guards.

-Real steel muzzle break.

-Soviet AK sling.

-Real steel converted Izhmash 40rnd mag.

VFC AKS-74N

-Real steel rear sight.

-Real steel hand guards.

-Real steel gas tube.

-VFC dummy bolt.

-Soviet AK sling.

-Issue tourniquet.

-Issue bandage.

-Real steel convert Izhmash plum mag.

-1PN58 night vision sight.

VFC AKS-74UN

-Real Steel hand guards.

-Real steel muzzle break.

-Soviet AKS-74U sling.

-Real steel converted Molot 45rnd mag.

Nice AKs dude. I'm not making enough money to have more than one primary AK. I hope to buy a CYMA AK-47 and convert it into an RPK to compliment my DBOY AK-74M.

Anyways my DBOY hi-cap broke the other day, the locking tab on the mag broke. I'm going to pick up a box of MAG mid-caps, can't wait to stop winding. XD Do MAG mid caps tend to break at the locking tab like my DBOY hi-cap did or is it just a case of the crappy plastic that the DBOY mag was made of? The DBOY hi-cap was about 3-4 months old.

Anyways my DBOY hi-cap broke the other day, the locking tab on the mag broke. I'm going to pick up a box of MAG mid-caps, can't wait to stop winding. XD Do MAG mid caps tend to break at the locking tab like my DBOY hi-cap did or is it just a case of the crappy plastic that the DBOY mag was made of? The DBOY hi-cap was about 3-4 months old.

I've had plastic MAG mid caps for over a year and they're still great.

people with their AKMS seem happy with it, but i know from personal experience that their old AK74 kits were atrocious, others have backed me on that.

frankly since LTC started selling under their own brand and marked the price down you may as well just buy LTC for a nicer gun IMO.

people with their AKMS seem happy with it, but i know from personal experience that their old AK74 kits were atrocious, others have backed me on that.

frankly since LTC started selling under their own brand and marked the price down you may as well just buy LTC for a nicer gun IMO.

do you think its worth it tho? i mean its 230$

all steel/ real wood?

after handling my friend's DM AK74 and handling a RMW (same as LTC) AKMS... it is very much worth it.

the 2009 edition LTC is only $400, and thats a full AEG, not just a kit. the '09 models are better built as they are half pinned, plus the LTCs overall have a MUCH nicer fit and finish on all the parts.

my friend's DM's finish was really quite nasty and mismatched, the steel was worryingly soft and cheap and several parts required a fair bit of dremeling just to fit. they also seemed to use LESS grub screws than old design LTC/RMW/inok/guarder, and no it's not got pins instead it's just got even fewer screws holding stuff in place.

edit: if you're on a budget you could always hold out for the Dboys effort. that will most likely be full steel and will have VFC's superior construction. just strip off the nasty textured matte paint, re-spray satin black and you're done :)

Edited by my_plague_666

Hoppum, your AK collection is simply beautiful. The PKM and RPK are a fantastic touch.

I really like the looks of those night vision sights, I'm guessing you can find those on Ebay?

Honestly all those AK variants are making my one AK feel lonely. I guess I'll just have to buy another! ^_^ (AK-105 maybe?)