AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loving that design. looks really authentic, some kinda spiritualist rebel AK or summut. it's a nice subtle design not like the tacky, overdone skulls and stuff you usually see in the airsoft world

edit: ooh, moar pics please snigel :D

Edited by my_plague_666

I haven't a better picture, but:

DSCF5682-1.jpg

DBOYs AKSU, with ELEMENT grips and noveske, and a cheap reflex on top of a CYMA mount. Internally it's got a CYMA metal hop-up unit, an H nub and a red ELEMENT rubber, several ELEMENT bits and bobs inside and it's wired with high quality 16g wire.

Tuned it to be as loud as possible - metal piston head and sealed cylinder :D - and it's got suprisingly good range, though accuracy isn't spectacular due to a damaged IB. Does the trick for my PMC/Insurgent loadouts though.

stupid video. the fella firing the AK is seriously jerking the trigger, no wonder he's not hitting anything.

as for the bit at the end about the AK being designed as a machine gun, thats ######s. like just about any assault rifle the AK is meant to be mainly used on semi, the idea of the AK selector is to swing the lever down until it stops, which is semi auto. that way you dont have to watch what you're doing or feel where the selector is positioned when disengaging the safety, you just swing it down to the bottom where it wont go further.

you'd think they'dput some research in before broadcasting this *suitcase* eh?

anyway, this is all a bit off topic.

As you can see only the right side has been painted, should I keep it that way? ;)

Not sure about the handguards, any ideas for what to put there?

i quite like the asymentical look. if i were to have a design on the other side too i'd have a slightly different one, although in the same kinda style.

i wonder how it would look if you used a large round file to contour and shape the HG to fit your hand, like adding finger grooves.

CYMAAK74TopRailTest.jpg

I purchased a Dboys AK74 pistol grip from ebaybanned and while I was at it, picked up the CYMA AK74 aluminum rail. It needed a bit of filing of the interior of the front gas tube and a bit off the back before it would fit. All in all, it's a cheap and compatible alternative to the VFC parts, but it's not going to remain on the AIMS unless there is an optic that can co-witness for the "PMC" look. No optic, no rail as far as I'm concerned, the wooden hand guards are more comfortable.

-Piano.

Thanks for the advice, from what I have found through my search, anything bigger than a Aimpoint T1 or Doctor RDS(or its clones) is going to sit too high to allow co-witnessing. The standard Aimpoint models can, but they require the low profile mount from Aimpoint. As for my stance on "AK rape," I believe in function rule over personal aesthetics. Isn't that what it means to be a progressive believer of Marxist materialism, not the traditionalist bound by the humanistic philosophy that supports the ownership of the means of production by the bourgeoisie?

-Piano.

As for my stance on "AK rape," I believe in function rule over personal aesthetics. Isn't that what it means to be a progressive believer of Marxist materialism, not the traditionalist bound by the humanistic philosophy that supports the ownership of the means of production by the bourgeoisie?

Ah - but aesthetics are function: discursive, ideological function ;)

As to that vid, all the american shows are like that, always 1 uping their own guns. Kinda poopy

You have no idea what you're talking about. That is an extremely old show and while it does not present the whole truth it certainly isnt biased BECAUSE of the fact that one rifle is american and the other is soviet.

Thanks for the advice, from what I have found through my search, anything bigger than a Aimpoint T1 or Doctor RDS(or its clones) is going to sit too high to allow co-witnessing. The standard Aimpoint models can, but they require the low profile mount from Aimpoint. As for my stance on "AK rape," I believe in function rule over personal aesthetics. Isn't that what it means to be a progressive believer of Marxist materialism, not the traditionalist bound by the humanistic philosophy that supports the ownership of the means of production by the bourgeoisie?

-Piano.

A T1 will give a lower 1/3rd cowitness on an ultimak mount.

As for my stance on "AK rape," I believe in function rule over personal aesthetics. Isn't that what it means to be a progressive believer of Marxist materialism, not the traditionalist bound by the humanistic philosophy that supports the ownership of the means of production by the bourgeoisie?

ah, but plastering your weapon with decadent imperialist gadgets while others fight with the bare essentials is far from equality ;)

on a more serious/relevant note, i personally lean towards aestheitcs. i play airsoft for the fun and realism aspects, i'm not too concerned about having every possible advantage to make me better than everyone else. i'd rather have a nicer looking gun and slower target aquisition than a more practical gun that i dont like the look/feel of.

still, each to his own.

I do hope people caught the joke in the last post, I just found the irony too tempting to pass up. In reference to the optic, I prefer to call it co-opting free-market technologies in order to reclaiming the means of production. :D But in the grand sceme of things in the airsoft world, I reference Deng Xiaoping, it matters not if the cat is black or white, as long as it catches the mice.

-Piano.