AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my MAG midcaps in the other day. The difference between these and my old DBOY hi-cap are amazing. I could instantly feel that the MAG mid-caps are far more sturdier and they fed perfectly out of the box, I added some silicon oil for good measure just in case. Only thing I feel bad about is that the MAG midcaps had no markings, not a bad deal, just that the DBOY hi-cap had the Izmash factory marking and mold number. No matter.

guys i need help

i kinda lost the installation diagram of the King arms ultimak rail that i bought some months ago. anybody got a similar diagram that they can scan and send my way?

i dont want to f**k up this project of mine

thanks

Just dropped in to post pic of my DBOY AK74M with it's new set of mid-caps. Are these the right magazines though? They look different than the regular ones with the little lines going down each side. They're plum colored by the way like the real steel, or so I'm told.

DSC_1514.jpg

DSC_1518.jpg

DSC_1146.jpg

DSC_1139.jpg

Edited by ST19AG_WGreymon
Just dropped in to post pic of my DBOY AK74M with it's new set of mid-caps. Are these the right magazines though? They look different than the regular ones with the little lines going down each side. They're plum colored by the way like the real steel, or so I'm told.

snip

the MAG black midcaps are not accurate to the real steel ones, unfortunately.

ak74m-fold.jpg

those are modern black/plum AK-74 magazines, which are ribbed (as you can see)

402px-Soviet_Naval_Infantry_AK-74.JPEG

older AK-74 magazines were "orange" and lacked the ribs

Edited by Snowbeat
the MAG black midcaps are not accurate to the real steel ones, unfortunately.

ak74m-fold.jpg

those are modern black/plum AK-74 magazines, which are ribbed (as you can see)

402px-Soviet_Naval_Infantry_AK-74.JPEG

older AK-74 magazines were "orange" and lacked the ribs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing everyone else uses the G&P midcaps then?

Is it normal for them to spit out their load if you hit them slightly? How do I keep them from doing this in my pouches?

Edited by ST19AG_WGreymon

luckily for you AKs are incredibly common and I'm sure if you looked hard and far enough you'd find some AK-74 knockoff that had unribbed black magazines

EDIT:

yeah, a lot of people spill the extra bucks for G&Ps or even use the shells of real mags

also I have that problem with my MAG mags too. I usually load them up and then jam down the top BB and force the "catch" to extend farther into the "hole"

Edited by Snowbeat
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing everyone else uses the G&P midcaps then?

Is it normal for them to spit out their load if you hit them slightly? How do I keep them from doing this in my pouches?

Early bakelite magazines were painted black either in the field or at the factory to distinguish them from the 7.62 magazines that were already out, so you're kind of ok with those. The source on that is here:

http://home.comcast.net/~shooter2_indy/74mags.html

luckily for you AKs are incredibly common and I'm sure if you looked hard and far enough you'd find some AK-74 knockoff that had unribbed black magazines

EDIT:

yeah, a lot of people spill the extra bucks for G&Ps or even use the shells of real mags

also I have that problem with my MAG mags too. I usually load them up and then jam down the top BB and force the "catch" to extend farther into the "hole"

How do you force it?

Does anyone wanna trade my MAG mid-caps for their G&Ps? XD

How do you force it?

Don't worry too much about the details about the mags. For the price of a box set of MAG midcaps, you'd only get about 2-3 G&P midcaps. Although, they are better quality.

afallan

How do you force it?

I usually just jam my finger or one of those plastic dejamming rods into the "hole" and then force the catch to extend further in

I don't know if it actually does anything, but I think it might help

Don't worry too much about the details about the mags. For the price of a box set of MAG midcaps, you'd only get about 2-3 G&P midcaps. Although, they are better quality.

afallan

Yea, my girlfriend could only spend $40 so it was 3 MAGs or 2 G&Ps. Any way to keep them from exploding in my pouches when knocked about?