AK & Variants Picture Thread

mightyjebus,

Unscalloped unvented uppers are for late RPK-74's before switching to plum, but supposedly there is some debate that they were also installed on some AK-74s just before switching to plum also, although I doubt they came out of the factory that way.

Edited by ancorp
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unscalloped unvented uppers are for late RPK-74's before switching to plum, but supposedly there is some debate that they were also installed on some AK-74s just before switching to plum also, although I doubt they came out of the factory that way.

According to everything i've been able to find on the issue, they did leave the factory with the unscalloped uppers, they where made to speed up production durring the Ruso-Afghan war, and where mass produced in this form for just one year (was it 1985? or 1986? my memory fails me there), till they where replaced by the plum furniture the following year.

it's also worth noting that the wooden furniture didn't take to the extremes of the afghan climate. A lot of reports of the laminated wooded coming apart indicated that thats why the russians switched to polymer furniture. So it's not unreasonable to think that field armourers fitted whatever wood was available to keep the AK functional. plus it looks nice :P

ak15.jpg

AtoZ spring powered SVD with RS furniture added.

Since we are looking at SVD'd now I thought I would stick mine up and ask this very important question....

I quite fancy a AEG SVD and the real sword one looks good but now classic army have released one as well and I'm thinking should I get the classic army one, get the RS furniture from rusmilitary and try and fit it or just go for the RS one? what do you guys think?

Edited by mightyjebus

I don't think this is the place to ask. But I'll answer anyway. The CA gun is likely to be just an AEG inside. Nothing special. I've never been terrible impressed with CA internals, can't see this being any different. Externally as well, the CA is going to be poorly finished pot metal no? Adding the real furniture will most likely mean heavily customizing the motor housing. If it's even possible to fit a real stock.

The Real Sword (RS) internals are as best I can tell, something special. Having seen some video's of the accuracy, along with tests at 30 and 50m from a forum member, I'm already impressed by the RS in terms of operation. The externals, well, what to say? I'd assume they're built in the same factory as the real Chinese SVD clones. As is the case with the Type 56 and the Type 97. So, they aren't going to be beat easily. I don't think there's any way that CA will come close to the RS SVD. Just compare a CA AK to an RS Type 56. Price wise as well, I'm not sure how much the CA cost, but you're bound to be getting better value from the Chinese made RS.

On the other hand, I've got an RS SVD on pre-order, so I'm bound to be bias.

That real furniture has a lovely shade to it. Really improves the overall look of the rifle.

@ Pudding: Any chance of some information about that scope? Magnification ect. Is that the one that came with the gun?

*snip*

AtoZ spring powered SVD with RS furniture added.

Since we are looking at SVD'd now I thought I would stick mine up and ask this very important question....

I quite fancy a AEG SVD and the real sword one looks good but now classic army have released one as well and I'm thinking should I get the classic army one, get the RS furniture from rusmilitary and try and fit it or just go for the RS one? what do you guys think?

RS.... No question about it. CA am suck. Also, apparently RS accuracy tests EVERY SVD before it leaves the manufacturer. CA on the other hand :rolleyes:

You'd have to pay me to get me to use the CA SVD, it's all about the RS!

SVD2.jpg

There's some more pic's in the DMR thread if you want'em.

And just to put this post back on topic, i'd better cough up a pic of my AK's:

Kalash-Pile.jpg

It turned out quite nice i feel.

The only deal breaker for me with the first Real Sword AK's was that it was the Chinese type.

hopefully it will be time for another purchase when the European styles come out :D Might get the SVD if its still around when i get my next. Beautiful thing, it really is.

And trust me, the extra money you spend on RS over CA is worth it, and in the end you'll spend way more on the CA. sorry to be such a downer :/

Yeah i know, i had a CA SLR-105A1 (steel vers), and it was pants! it cost a right fortune back then too, making it the worst Airsoft purchase i've ever made.

But i quite like that my RS is a China AK, if i only had one AK then i'd want a Russian, certainly, but it adds some variety when you have a few of them ;)

The only deal breaker for me with the first Real Sword AK's was that it was the Chinese type.

they're pretty much identical, even down to markings. the only differences are that the rear sight is filled in orange paint (still has the russian 'n' character though) and it has an indent on both sides at the back of the reciever cover (the russian only has it on the left IIRC)

got together with a friend and took a few pictures of him with the svd during lunch at your local skirmish site, hopefully to use in the review

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/iri...SC_48660001.jpg

MOAR FIELD PICS PWEEEEEESE! :o

RS SVD = epic WIN!

Edited by luvs2shoot