AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ak's 102, 104 and 105 have short barrels (end at the gas block) and are chambered in 5.56x45, 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 respectively.

-Matt

Yup, and just to clear up any confusion, here's how all the modern AK's stack up:

Name -- Size -- Caliber

AK-74M - Full - 5.45x39

AK-101 - Full - 5.56x45 (NATO)

AK-102 - Carbine - 5.56x45 (NATO)

AK-103 - Full - 7.62x39

AK-104 - Carbine - 7.62x39

AK-105 - Carbine - 5.45x39

Not to forget:

AK-107: 5.45x39

Ak-108: 5.56x45

Whats interesting about those two is the mechanism. They're 90% normal Kalashnikov action - but the front end contains a rod with a weight in it, which flies forwards as the bolt goes back (using a rack and pinion). Thanks to the marvel that is physics, this counterbalances some of the recoil, making the gun much more controlable on automatic fire.

-matt

sorry for going off topic of pics here, but i have 4 real-sword ak mags the midcap 150rd ones which have an awesome feel to them. They never seemed to feed right from day one for me. I bought them at $25 bucks a piece because real sword stuff and parts was reliable but the mags for me have just been pos. Maybe i am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Also circumstances:

-I play in the desert where dirt is a dust that just gets everywhere

-I have tried silicone oil(ics stuff in the can)

-Also larger springs and it did nothing

please help

also even more off topic where can you buy midcap springs commercially?

I bought a set of 4 realsword mags for my Type 56-1 and ended up selling them within a month. They are really only worth using in Semi-auto. I figured it might just be bad bb's that I was using but I then started playing with KSC bb's and still had problems. If your looking for mags that will feed well in a realsword, you'll want to look into getting a set of STAR( now ARES) 105rnd midcaps. There are 3 type 56 users (including myself) on my team and we all swear by the STAR 105 mids.

I bought a set of 4 realsword mags for my Type 56-1 and ended up selling them within a month. They are really only worth using in Semi-auto. I figured it might just be bad bb's that I was using but I then started playing with KSC bb's and still had problems. If your looking for mags that will feed well in a realsword, you'll want to look into getting a set of STAR( now ARES) 105rnd midcaps. There are 3 type 56 users (including myself) on my team and we all swear by the STAR 105 mids.

Hmm. All six of mine, plus the hi-cap feed just fine in both semi and auto.

sorry for going off topic of pics here, but i have 4 real-sword ak mags the midcap 150rd ones which have an awesome feel to them. They never seemed to feed right from day one for me. I bought them at $25 bucks a piece because real sword stuff and parts was reliable but the mags for me have just been pos. Maybe i am doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Also circumstances:

-I play in the desert where dirt is a dust that just gets everywhere

-I have tried silicone oil(ics stuff in the can)

-Also larger springs and it did nothing

please help

also even more off topic where can you buy midcap springs commercially?

they use the G&P design, so will jam and misfeed a lot. if you remove the internal bit and put a load of BBs behind the spring to reduce the cap to about 70-100 rounds they should work better. OK, so it's fewer rounds, but at least they'll actually feed :P

Absolutely amazing Panoptes.

Until I had saw that picture of your RS I hadn't paid much notice to them before to be honest but I've been reading up on them today and wow...just wow!

Surely one of the nicest AEGs ever produced?

I would really love a folding stock version.

Edited by chris u'5

I've been using the new cyma midcaps in my AKM for a few weeks now. They did not feed at all when I got them, but it turned out that they needed some silicone oil. There are no misfeeds at all now.

I think they are of G&P design (150 rounds) and the mag shell is made of steel. I don't know if they will fit in the RS Type 56. You should still try them Crazy 8, they are cheap and seem to be well made.

A noticable difference... welllllll

Put it this way, Im buying another RS within the next month, just for the fact that all my other guns, even my previos G&P MK18 feel like ###### compared to the RS, its got weight, quality, no wobbles (bar the stock, but even the real ones do, so I can live with that) and its built so well!

Thank guys.

I really can't believe how good they look and I love the pictures I have seen of the packaging!

The magazine in the grease proof paper and the wee oil bottle...brilliant!

I love stuff like that, it's all the small touches that are important to me. Personally I'm sick of all the poor quality clones that are being churned out day after day so to find something like this is really refreshing.

I just can't believe I didn't notice it before!

Anyone want to swap for a WE M4? :P

Edited by chris u'5