AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that looks right :P

I'll go digging for parts, it looks like the lower rails run down most of the handguard area, unlike the UTG rails. Hmn...

You sure? i thought so too when i looked again, but ya you can see in the picture that the rail goes almost to the receiver under the rear sight block. if you look at the UTG picture, the one where its installed on the AK, you can see the lower hand guard rail goes all the way to the rear sight block as well. and if you look really closely, it almost looks like the vents on the upper hand guard are the same as the ones on the UTG.

I'm pretty much an AK noob, so could you guys link me to the rail? and would it fit onto a GHK AK74?

Also you see how this one has a underfolding stock, the GHK AK74 has a side folding stock, could you install the underfolding stock onto the the GHK?

Also the GHK is based off dboys/vfc so real wood handguards are a natural fit?

I'm pretty much an AK noob, so could you guys link me to the rail? and would it fit onto a GHK AK74?

Also you see how this one has a underfolding stock, the GHK AK74 has a side folding stock, could you install the underfolding stock onto the the GHK?

Also the GHK is based off dboys/vfc so real wood handguards are a natural fit?

It's the UTG one linked above, and yes it will.

No, sorry. Not possible. The receiver would have to be changed entirely, and as yet an underfolding receiver is not sold separately that is readily compatible.

Yes.

dam no under folder =< is there a way to fit ar stocks onto an ak???

the ak74, has a really large flashhinder, is it removable to put the AK47 flashinder on?

Here i found two AK to AR stock adapters:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...13BK_cat_Stocks

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...AK03_cat_Stocks

as for the flash hider.. im not ak expert but.. i dont think you can? im not sure hopefully someone else can tell you that

Over the weekend i got my hands on a RealSword T-56 pistol grip, and decided to have a stab at mounting it on my LCT AKMS, it took some filing and grinding, but the bugger got on there! it's not a perfect fit, there's a little gap just behind the grip, but it looks quite decent other than that:

AKMS002.jpg

AKMS006.jpg

AKMS011.jpg

Or what say you? keep the wood or go back to the ABS?

Hai guyse

since this thread has the highes concentration of AK knowledge I'll ask here

I have the idea of building an Yugo M70 and would like to know if it would be possible and what real steel parts would be needed. I see the body is different from every airsoft AK body i know of and would like to ask if it is possible to mod a realsteel body to hold the guts from an airsoft AK.

Thanks in advance and excuse this subtile thread hijacking.

LCT make an M70AB2 reciever : http://www.dynamicstar.com.tw/product_show...amp;search_str=

if you wanted a full stock then an RPK reciever should suffice: http://www.dynamicstar.com.tw/product_show...amp;search_str=

as for RS modding, if you're british it would be very illegal... impossible anyway, at least with a standard V3 gearbox. might be possible with a realsword box, but a bit pointless as there are suitable recievers already out there.

oh, btw, remember that those are proprietary recievers and will only work with other LCT parts. if you wanted to stick with a TM based construction (why???) you could always get a couple of bits of aluminium/steel sheet, cut them to size, add the required rivets and stick them to an existing airsoft reciever (LCT make some rather nice TM compatible steel recievers, in both AKM (M70) and AKMS (M70AB2) flavours)