AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got any pics of a 47 with all black stock and grip

but none of that tactical ak-ishness :mellow:

It's not the clearest picture, and I can't get any more of it, as I sold it along time ago to Screaming Weasel, but that's an AK47 with black furniture in the middle.

10000223jk.jpg w640.png

dahmer you better have a saddam hussein loadout for that in order to make up for the vomit all over my keyboard.

Unfortunately, I did not factor your short comings into my design. So I apologize to your keyboard.

you make that next to impossible!

Now you sound like my ex-girlfriend.

Edited by Dahmer45

I don't meant to be picky, I really like that idea, but do you have any metalworking skills? Seems a bit of a waste or work to make a very small wooden hand gaurd, because you can't get your hand on it to any sense. If this was made in a factory, wouldn't it make sense to cut out the wood work part of it altogether and graft some metal into that space? Maby a vertical fore grip even. Just an idea, feel free to ignore me.

Love the fact you've kept those irons too, and not gone for the AKSU irons. Seriously good choice in my opinion.

Looking forward to the finished article.

Heh cheers.

My skills are very limited, I have done small amounts of metal and wood work. I tend to go for the 'does it look good? no!, goes it work ? Kinda - go with it'' Style.

I had planned to do a sort-of mp5k front end but without the vert grip, just the wee block.

The block of wood I used was really ######, and kept splitting. That was the best of a bad bit. I have another piece, I will re-make something bigger as soon as I can.

It was an ex-hire ak I brought back from the grave, and just did whatever I fancied to :)

Will post another pic as soon as I make more progress...

I reckon a regular full length handguard in there with the front handguard cap moved forward would be best, since it wouldn't actually make it any longer, but just sit under the gas tube like an AMD.

agreed, have a (slightly chopped by the look of it) full handguard with the retainer up against the gas block. that would look MEAN.

Awesome AKM, ancorp. Makes me want to buy that new steel Dboys AKMS, strip it of all the paint and do the same (although I'd choose slow rust blueing).

My new (to me) VFC AKS74UN. Number 24 of the first 1000 DX versions. Real Russian handguards, real AKSU sling and a PK-23. The PK mount doesn't clamp too well to the mount plate of the AKSU though. Anybody have any idea's for that, except buying a real mount plate?

DSC_0546.jpg

Hey guys. I need to know if I can take a VFC/Cyma AIMS and replace the stock with a real one. It at least appears closer to the RS block, so I was hoping...

I'd also heard things about the VLTOR stock adapter, fitting them, which appears to support my thoughts. Can you help a guy out?