AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dboys must have gone back to using there old style mag catchs. My RK-03 (AKS) that is in a million peices and my Steel RK-01 (AKSU) both fit MAG Brand perfectly.

My Dboys AIMS had that problem when I used the MAG Waffles, you'd need damn near a crowbar to pry that thing out, let us hope my new cyma AKM does not have that issue....

The AKMS is a G&G AKMS but with real steel AKM handguards and LCT "Bakelite" grip

The AKS74 is a Dboys RK02 with real steel AK74 handguards

The RPK74 has a TM gearbox with real steel RPK74 handguards, stock, rear sight, and flash hider

The Insurgent/OpFor AK is a TM base as well

how widely available would the Ak74 side folder, in that picture, be to insurgent types? i mean the woodgrip versions, not the plastic furniture ones. i remember seeing one in a photo of some taliban fighters, but that may have just been a one off for someone. im trying to get my loadout to have a more "aquired on site" look to it, with a battle field pick up etc

The AKs74 would only really been seen in use, in significant numbers, by insurgent types in Caucasus. You do however see the very odd one in pictures/videos from North Pakistan (Swat Valley for example).

When the Soviets were in Afghanistan the Mujahideen fighters/Afghan gunsmiths would attach the stock and/or body of the AKs74 onto an AK47/AKM, these are commonly known as Cyber Pass AKs and these are often mistaken for AKs74's. These are seen in quiet a few pictures of insurgents.

Hope that helps.

Biscuit

this does help. so, it wouldent be too far fetched to say that an AKS74 was picked up by rebels during the afghan-russia war. whatever story/ scenario you want to make up, i think i would like to get a DBOYS aks74, as they are dirt cheap for a full metal and wood AK. can the batteries extend into the upper foregrip? and stock, what kind of FPS do they give out? if anyone knows that would be helpful

I thought we were talking about a 7.62 AIMS, but the one in the link isn't strictly correct, it looks like someone just got a regular AK74 and swapped the forgrip for a Romanian one and the pistol grip for a wood one, Romanian AK74's have the same pistol grip as a russian one, an AKM style gas block, a slightly different front sight, an AIMS stock and a different charging handle. As seen here; http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/661Rom74025.jpg

this does help. so, it wouldent be too far fetched to say that an AKS74 was picked up by rebels during the afghan-russia war. whatever story/ scenario you want to make up, i think i would like to get a DBOYS aks74, as they are dirt cheap for a full metal and wood AK. can the batteries extend into the upper foregrip? and stock, what kind of FPS do they give out? if anyone knows that would be helpful

Battery goes all the way to the end of the grips. I owned one but the release mech for the stock broke on me. Silly chinese makings. I only buy the Dboy's steel now. That way everything is cast steel and it's much sturdier

The FPS is 380-400 (Varies with every gun) with .20's

Not at all I have a picture right here that shows one being used by an Afghan...

2u3y7p0.jpg

And I'll try and get some more pictures later on tonigiht mightyjebus...they won't be very artsy like the others which makes it look alot nicer than it actually is. It has a crappy JG "Dragunov" bipod though which is starting to get on my nerves a bit.