AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys, nice rifles, I'm a bit newb on the AK front, but since me any my friend started chatting about playing as a merc on the next berget, we would get russian gear/weaponry,

I would like to build an AKM or AKMS, with steel and preferably wood grips.

When buying the base gun, wood grips aren't a must, more of a plus

What guns manufacturer do you recommend?

I've been thinking about

Cyma or Kalash.

And is there any good steel AK 47/AKM mags?

Cheers Rob.

I would like to build an AKM or AKMS, with steel and preferably wood grips.

When buying the base gun, wood grips aren't a must, more of a plus

kalash AKMS if you want steel. the cyma guns are nice, but externally they dont match up to kalash. plus the internals on the steel kalash guns seem to be of a higher standard.

kalash AKMS if you want steel. the cyma guns are nice, but externally they dont match up to kalash. plus the internals on the steel kalash guns seem to be of a higher standard.

No. Kalash for steel externals, but their internals are gash. CYMA, on the other hand, have exceptionally good internals. The latest VFC-style CYMA AKs are fantastic in every respect.

What Darklite said is spot on.

I had to dump the gearbox out of my dboys aks74 at its first game. Replaced it with a cyma gearbox. Never looked back.

The new Cymas are truly amazing. I was very snobbish about them (after the older Cymas) until I tried one. Consistent, accurate and a high rate of fire out of the box.