AK & Variants Picture Thread

No. Kalash for steel externals, but their internals are gash. CYMA, on the other hand, have exceptionally good internals. The latest VFC-style CYMA AKs are fantastic in every respect.

i know about cyma internals, but arent the steel Dboys meant to be a high a standard?

either way, Dboys will be better externally, if you're worried about the internals buy a spare cyma GB from WGC or somewhere.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know about cyma internals, but arent the steel Dboys meant to be a high a standard?

either way, Dboys will be better externally, if you're worried about the internals buy a spare cyma GB from WGC or somewhere.

The only real problem I had with DBOY internals were the plastic bushings. What makes them better than Cyma internals?

From what I have read, the new full steel DBoys/Kalash guns have XYT gears that are well shimmed, a polycarb vented piston head, bearing spring guide, and 7mm bearing bushings. I'm planning to get one soon, and the CYMA RPK, I'll be upgrading them a bit anyway so if there's anything sub par inside the DBoys I'll fix it then anyway.

Edited by DanHS
The only real problem I had with DBOY internals were the plastic bushings. What makes them better than Cyma internals?

i think you misunderstood me, i didnt say they were better than cyma i meant the STEEL versions have superior internals to the standard models (with pladtic bushings). danHS got the steel spec spot on IIRC

i think you misunderstood me, i didnt say they were better than cyma i meant the STEEL versions have superior internals to the standard models (with pladtic bushings). danHS got the steel spec spot on IIRC

You obviously forgot what happened to my steel AK74S at its first ever game. :P

latest Ak's I have been messing around with.

Inokatsu AIMs with RS wooden furniture. At some point someone has scratched Simona into the lower hand guard so this one is now called "Simona"

aims-1.jpg

aims1-1.jpg

aims2-1.jpg

Next up is a VFC PMC which has had the lower hand guard swapped with a RS wooden one.

vfcaims.jpg

vfcaims1.jpg

and lastly I have been messing around with the Kalash AKM. I have fitted RS fore grips and I need to swap out the hop at some point.

kalashakm-1.jpg

kalashakm1.jpg

This is the new KALASH AKMS. It comes with Full metal and Laminated wood furniture. The Only thing I have done with this beauty so far is re-finish the wood furniture and add a new hop up rubber. I am very impressed with the solid build and features Dboys has put into this. The Pistol grip is just down right wrong and fugly. I tried to dye it with RIT dye but it would not take so I have a Plum coloured grip on its way now to complete the look.

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

yea it cool, duno how accurate it is yet, probably not very lol.

only bought it as abit of souvenier for GZ 09, and cos it looked cool haha.

probz wont get used very much in the field.

paid £35 for it.

Edited by iloveics
Is this sexy looking extended magazine some kind of RS Modification or can you buy an airsoft versin of this thing? I think this would look nice on some of those Kalash AK106 guns...

It's a custom mag a buddy o mine made from 2 star ak47 mags. He used an epoxy to fuse the two halves together, and then added a layer of flat black to remove the shine. A 5ft you can't see a line or anything, and it gives a pretty good metal appearence. I'm having him make me about 4 more for now, the capacity (about 180bbs),the appearence and the fact it feeds flawlessly made this my new favorite mag.

Didn't do much crawling last game, so I'll have to get back to you on that. However, when I do crawl....I lay my gun flat on my forearms instead of a ready position......helps me move faster while staying low. As for gear, there is quite a few pouches/lbv/chest rigs that can hold 40-45rd mags.

How's the cobra working for you? Does it have any ghosting? I'm guessing it's EBB.

Yeah it has ghosting but Idk what all the fuss is about its a TINY little red dot/v/tbar that is totally disernable from the actual reticule. IT seems to work fine right now but the T-bar reticule is broken as far as I can see, only 3 of the 4 reticule choices work but either than that I love it.