AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, sorry if anyone gets irritated about my simple question.

But in RS are there any Ak74's or whatnot with the black handguard and the triangle type folding stock?

Just wondering as im considering an Echo1 version of these as a third backup AEG behind my two ar's

either as skarclaw said, or they're civvie models.

it'd be more realistic to just buy plum handguards if you want the polymer look.

I posted this in technical discussion, but I'll probably get a faster response on here.

I am going to upgrade an AK Beta for a friend and I was wondering if the stock TM front set can take the bigger stick batteries? I know the standard TM AK-47 cannot but I was not sure on the newer Beta front sets. Thanks.
Finally some one made this! :D

So my guess is that you only need to change bolt, gasblock and front sight and youre done?

I based mine off this picture:

400px-Romanian_AKM_Soldier.JPEG

It looks like the same gas block to me, but if you're referring to the vented gas tube, it's there because I got the lower md. foregrip without a matching upper wood gas tube, and it seemed like a better option than mismatching wood. I'm not going to bother replacing the front sight, simply taking a Dremel to it to shape it. I'll have to chop down a ribbed receiver cover as well, as the Real Swords are made to spec length and are about .5in shorter than all other AS Ak's.

As for the bolt itself, what would you recommend? I can't really see a difference.

I based mine off this picture:

It looks like the same gas block to me, but if you're referring to the vented gas tube, it's there because I got the lower md. foregrip without a matching upper wood gas tube, and it seemed like a better option than mismatching wood. I'm not going to bother replacing the front sight, simply taking a Dremel to it to shape it. I'll have to chop down a ribbed receiver cover as well, as the Real Swords are made to spec length and are about .5in shorter than all other AS Ak's.

As for the bolt itself, what would you recommend? I can't really see a difference.

You can always get a real ribbed receiver cover

foregrip without a matching upper wood gas tube, and it seemed like a better option than mismatching wood.

mismatched wood isnt exactly uncommon.

you could always do the bolt yourself, create the step at the back with a hacksaw and file and then paint it black :)

Hmm well, If i can find a CYMA ak, of the newer variety that isnt electric BB I will get a 47 instead of a 74, and stick an ultimak rail on it, as thats really what I wanted to do, since I have a nice little mini dot sitting at the house.

I should also Add with a folding stock...I really want a folding stock AK.

Edited by reaper16

Having tried a wide panel of AK's :

- Marui

- VFC

- Ino / LCT

- Real Sword

- Kalash

- Cyma

- Jing Gong

...it is still the Ino / LCT that I love the best : rock solid construction,, very very nice finish and on the top of all of this : "Lego" AK concept ! You can almost build your very own AK, or change your AK to another one by replacing some parts. Having now hell of a LCT parts in stock, it's very fun to build exotic AK's.

Beside Ino, I love the Kalash AKSU, almost nothing to throw away with this little babe : change the spring, replace hop rubber and bucking by TM parts and your good to go ! I've just refinished the wood handguard (because out of the box it doesn't give the AKSU justice), and replaced the grip by a LCT one.

aks74airaksu.jpg

Edited by lovecraft25