Having tried a wide panel of AK's :

- Marui

- VFC

- Ino / LCT

- Real Sword

- Kalash

- Cyma

- Jing Gong

...it is still the Ino / LCT that I love the best : rock solid construction,, very very nice finish and on the top of all of this : "Lego" AK concept ! You can almost build your very own AK, or change your AK to another one by replacing some parts. Having now hell of a LCT parts in stock, it's very fun to build exotic AK's.

Beside Ino, I love the Kalash AKSU, almost nothing to throw away with this little babe : change the spring, replace hop rubber and bucking by TM parts and your good to go ! I've just refinished the wood handguard (because out of the box it doesn't give the AKSU justice), and replaced the grip by a LCT one.

I thought the general concenus was that the Real Sword was the best AK you can get.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys replace any of your DBoy AK receiver covers yet? Mine was so short it would just come off if you lifted up on it. So I replaced it with an ICS receiver cover. It has a much nicer finish on it than the DBoys and is a bit thicker and is perfectly cut, the original one had bends in it. It fits alot nicer too.

I'd like to pose a quick question to the user base here.

Are STAR lowcaps compatible with VFC AK's, specifically the AIMS? I'd like to pick up a set of basic lowcaps, but I've heard that there may be some feeding issues with that pairing.

If so, what sort of mids/lows would be recommended for VFC guns?

I'd like to pose a quick question to the user base here.

Are STAR lowcaps compatible with VFC AK's, specifically the AIMS? I'd like to pick up a set of basic lowcaps, but I've heard that there may be some feeding issues with that pairing.

If so, what sort of mids/lows would be recommended for VFC guns?

MAG midcaps feed flawlessly in my VFC AIMS. Definitely go with a set of MAG mids.

seconded mag.

plus with some red and orange ink, amber and red varnish and bit of creativity you can get them looking VERY close to real bakelite.

i once even had someone ask me how much my "real steel" 45 rounders set me back. the bloke was quite shocked when i said they were painted MAG :)

seconded mag.

plus with some red and orange ink, amber and red varnish and bit of creativity you can get them looking VERY close to real bakelite.

i once even had someone ask me how much my "real steel" 45 rounders set me back. the bloke was quite shocked when i said they were painted MAG :)

I'm curious now, do you happen to have a picture of these painted mags?

As it's a picture thread; my gen1 VFC AKSU. The gearbox will soon be replaced with GBB internals.

DSC_1230.jpg

I'm curious now, do you happen to have a picture of these painted mags?

not in their final state, no. i sold them on to a friend a while ago too (i'm taking a break from airsoft)

edit: of course they were no substitute for the real deal. they still felt rather cheap.

Edited by my_plague_666