AK & Variants Picture Thread

cyma isnt full steel. go dboys/kalash

What do you mean???? Thought all the 048 CYMA models were all metal and wood.

Some great looking guns on here. A question a little off topic. Looking at the various retail outlets who all seem to have a huge range of AK's for sale. Which is the model most suited to the Vietnam war era???? If CYMA or Dboys/Kalash do one can you give me the model number.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great looking guns on here. A question a little off topic. Looking at the various retail outlets who all seem to have a huge range of AK's for sale. Which is the model most suited to the Vietnam war era???? If CYMA or Dboys/Kalash do one can you give me the model number.

realsword type 56. not cheap, but you wont get a nicer replica.

All Kalash wpns arent steel either.

well the all steel ones are oddly enough ;)

Nice AIMs TriChrome, is that the stock pistol grip or is the LCT bakelite one?

And I have a question on sourcing a Kalash AKSU front set; anyone know where to buy one? I'd like steel but doesn't have to be. My friend has a Kalash AK74S receiver, and I want to convert my Cyma.035 to a stamped receiver. I figured I'd swap the gearbox, hopup and furniture to Kalash parts, and drop the guts from my CM.028 into the old .035 body.

Not completely steel, just mostly steel. Does RSOV still have their pictures up with magnets on everything that is steel on the Kalash steel models? I seem to remember the outer barrel and trigger being pot metal, and did they ever fix the pot metal locking mechanism?

well the trigger is part of the gearbox, not the outer shell, yes the barrel isnt steel (same as VFC) but EVERYTHING else is (unlike cyma which has pretty much an entirely pot metal front end). and yes the locking mech is steel.

awesome effort there jebus! now do that with some MAG brand mids so you wont have those ugly ribs.

My mids go in RS shells (I prefer G&P plum mids as i've never had a problem) and hicaps I use Dboys as again I've never had a problem unlike some of the MAG/CYMA/various other mags I had. The dboys mags work well in both the VFC and Kalash 74's. In this case i'm going to overlook the ribs because they function so well.

Nice AIMs TriChrome, is that the stock pistol grip or is the LCT bakelite one?

That is the stock grip as far as I know, but I actually did replace it with the LCT one after I took these pics when the original broke (I dropped in a G&G gearbox I had into it, and it sat about 1mm too low on the VFC body, so the constant bending of the grip snapped it off where the screw holds it to the motor mount).

The LCT one is a tad darker overall, and a little more dark purple; which probably does resemble the bakelite it's supposed to be more than the original one. Here's what the new grip looks like, but I don't know if this picture shows the difference that well:

Sept_09_family_AIMS.jpg

Edited by TriChrome
Not completely steel, just mostly steel. Does RSOV still have their pictures up with magnets on everything that is steel on the Kalash steel models? I seem to remember the outer barrel and trigger being pot metal, and did they ever fix the pot metal locking mechanism?

Front trunnion and rear trunnion, aswell as the stock locking mech are ALL steel.

The barrel is not steel, then again... neither is CYMA's, VFC did not use steel barrel in their AKS-74 either(due to the realsteel design).

The steel parts are really hard to find even in USA.

TriChrome, looks better with the LCT grip, looks more like the real Bakelite grips I've seen. I was going to build an LCT RPK and use the bakelite grip, but I decided it would just be too expensive for a replica, so I'll just wait for the CYMA RPK and upgrade it a little, and put on the bakelite grip instead of that flat black grip CYMA insists on using on everything.

barnezilla, that looks like something someone might end up with when building an AK from various US and foreign parts, like whatever was at hand and US made was thrown in to have a 922r compliant rifle. Looks good though, unique and realistic.

Bloodsword, looks like it was dug out of a weapons cache buried in the mud, except all the non-steel parts aren't rusted. I'd sand down the rust with steel wool and rub it with oil so it gets a pitted, worn, dull brown look of something that's been through a lot of handling and use.

Edited by DanHS