AK & Variants Picture Thread

Edit: Pic!

DSCF6384.jpg

Yeah its real steel, I read somewhere that it maybe an export model, but either way. Its prob the best piece of kit I have ever bought.

I picked up the kobra from ebay a couple years ago, it cost me about 160 posted from Russia... Its on ebay just now at eastwave optics for about 240 posted!!

Edited by Blood-Clot
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overkill those r the kinds of ak's i like to see!!

the second one. has that got the KA stock adaptor on it?? if so would you reccomend it

Thanks for the props, do not get much of them with the AK crowd.

Regarding the stock adapter, no, it is a real steel stock adapter. I had to do some modifications to make it fit. I have long got rid of the adapter and went with this...

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=4513

and replaced the stock with this...

http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index....roducts_id=4482

black lingerie made out of sticklebricks? :P

doesnt sound very sexy to me... or comfortable :D

One man's dream is another man's nightmare. I think rails make AK's more practical, and I'd much rather use a tacticool AK than a M4.

Wood is very smexy, it retains the AK's ideal looks.

Mother Russia, we need an AK purist rail system made out of wood! :lol:

Edited by WL-Matt
Mother Russia, we need an AK purist rail system made out of wood! :lol:

wth......that would make me say wow...hmm well If i get some free time this xmas Im gonna hit the wood and make one,

Someone just PM me the dimensions they need...

only gonna make this is someone is willing to put it on their ak....

How about one for a AKS-74U?

Haha. You think the wood would wear and stuff would end up becoming wobbly on it.

(Thats a tongue twister eh?)

actually I planned on using RS ak wood and bolting the rails into it. Thinking about it I would need to bed the screws in some sort of plastic as to prevent the screws from stripping the wood...perhaps loctite would work.

Any suggestions? If I can get a set of RS wood cheap I will attempt to make this ONLY if someone is willing to pay postage to their house and mount in on thier ak.

I am not joking.

Maybe you should counter your screw with a nut but get the nut slightly embedded into the wood. You would only need to drill some Holes into the wood that are slightly smaller than your screws. Damn I suck at explaining in english. I've got a picture here of what I mean. I have made something similar with plastic handguards before and it came out pretty well and it was sturdy.

unbenanntyk5p.png

When I attatched a wood kit to my AK, I kept having the treads strip as there was a slight problem with the fitment of the wood stock so I had to keep taking it off to try and fix it, In the end I fixed the problem and fixed the thread stripping problem. To stop the threads stripping I implanted some special threads on the inside of the stock and they work briliantly. They're like nuts but the threaded part is pushed up into the hole a little and where it contacts the wood there are four spikes which dig into the wood. Unfortunatley I can't remember where I got them from or what they were called, but I'll have a search around later for the packet they came in, it should have their name on it.