AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, both but just up and down. The Kalash's wobbles a bit less than the vfc's though we have to see how this maybe changes after some use.

Also on the VFC there you can't turn the stock beyond the position where it should be when unfolded (you can raise it a bit more, but not much) but on the kalash it goes until it hits the bold of the selector switch. A ting i like on the Kalash: the top cover doesn't wobble, unlike the vfc top cover which rattles like it would fall off anytime.

yes, both but just up and down. The Kalash's wobbles a bit less than the vfc's though we have to see how this maybe changes after some use.

Also on the VFC there you can't turn the stock beyond the position where it should be when unfolded (you can raise it a bit more, but not much) but on the kalash it goes until it hits the bold of the selector switch. A ting i like on the Kalash: the top cover doesn't wobble, unlike the vfc top cover which rattles like it would fall off anytime.

Wow, really?

I wouldn't have expected the Kalash to be sturdier than the VFC!

Both my VFC AKS-74 and VFC AIMS are solid as a rock.

well, the guns itself both have the same feeling overal. Just the topcover was the first thing i mentioned, since when i pick up my vfc with no battery in it it is like i would ring a bell, the Kalash topcover is not rattling at all.

Yea there is some rattle in both my VFC's top cover with no battery installed. Once i put a battery in though just about all that rattle is gone.

Looks nice, Whudafxup! Where'd you get it?

Lol, thanks!

i have to say i absolutely dislike this orange AS mags. You should go at least with MAG plum Mags, they are working well and have a nicer colour.

In games i run the MAG plum midcaps, for the picture i figured the "bakelite" MAG would look better.

More pics:

DSCN0726.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

Meh, it tears in my heart to see stuff like that. I know, the guns must be gotten rid of, but christ seeing an UN-Coloured M113 roll over a bunch of Stg44s or AKs being torched just feels like a waste. Just deactivate them and sell them to western firearm nerds :P (or convert to semi-auto firing). That could finance WFO or something like that, imagine: "Guns for food" :P

Some more AK blasphemy for you AK worshipers:

AKs.jpg

Top AK = JG Krebs AK with EO Tech 551, GPS Grip Pod, Surefire M962 w/IR lens cover

Middle AK = TM AK with VLTOR replica buffer tube, spare parts M4 butt-stock, CA windage adjustable rear site, CA M4 birdcage flash hider and CA black furniture

Bottom AK = TM AK with X-47 rail system, CA M4 birdcage flash hider, CA QD foregrip, VLTOR replica buffer tube, MAGPUL ACS butt-stock, Sure M962 w/IR lens cover

Couldn't agree more with you, but we are all entitled to have our own taste for what's good looking or not.

Well here's an old classic of mine. AKMS in wood and steal from Russian Mania Workshop

Sorry I didn't have a better gun stand :D

gallery_56920_1664_39666.jpg

gallery_56920_1664_22740.jpg

If I wanted rails I'll take the train :P

M70-ish

i know some of the details arent right but im having trouble finding a compatible smooth top cover and dont really like the flip up grenade sight.

sadly the donor AKM wasnt in great shape...

P1010011.jpg

where did you get the handguard/front assembly?

looking for one for a Tabuk build.