AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List for which gun? :)

The one below started out as a KLS RK-08, then it was refinished (blued), aluminium outer barrel was replaced with machined steel, plastic stock was replaced with the skeletal one. The rest should be obvious (Surefire P9, SAW grip, etc)

I prefer to dump the cleaning rods (useless, keeps rattling) and I also see the same on some russian SF/SWAT pics.

rk08.jpg

Edited by Trasher
List for which gun? :)

The one below started out as a KLS RK-08, then it was refinished (blued), aluminium outer barrel was replaced with machined steel, plastic stock was replaced with the skeletal one. The rest should be obvious (Surefire P9, SAW grip, etc)

I prefer to dump the cleaning rods (useless, keeps rattling) and I also see the same on some russian SF/SWAT pics.

*snip*

Your locking lever for the upper handguard is out. ;)

Elite russian units use western rail systems, stocks, and optics (Eotech, Aimpoint, ACOG) so those guns do look american these day. For example:

http://web.axelero.hu/szlejer2/brat6.jpg

I don't like open red dots (for practical reasons), so I'll stick to the Aimpoint (or maybe a micro dot). For some of my AKs I prefer the more authentic look and no optics.

What stock is the lowermost one in that picture, Trasher?

Sorry, I've no idea.

So these are all cros-compatible "VFC" style kalash & parts ? Are this MAG plum midcaps ? How did you refinished (blued) them ?

Yes, on the parts and mags. Refinishing is done by a local airsmith. Original paint is removed by thinner and metal brush, then a shop does the bluing. Looks great, weathering is easy, but it's prone to rust.