AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered a GHK gas-blowback AKSU and Im already regreting this buy even before they have shipped it out. I want to build this:

myweaportertrn.jpg

Anyone can think of a way to build this? I want to use an AKM/AKMS/AK74 body and the M4 stock adapters that I know of are made for AK47's.

you'll have a hard time creating this monstrosity (thankfully :P)

as far as i know, no such adaptor exists for a folding stock variant. you could always remove the stock, weld/screw a small steel plate to cover the hole in the back of the receiver then bolt/weld a buffer tube to it. i reckon the DIY approach would give it a nice home grown custom look with a nice worn look.

also if it were me i'd say loose the ultimak rail, fit a vented steel heatshield (because they look badass) and make your own copy of the larue iron dot, possibly with an aimpoint T1. doesnt look too hard to replicate IMO and certainly doesnt look as ghey as the ultimak (in fact, i genuinely like the look of the iron dot)

Very easy build, but very costy !

The answer is LCT. The have every single part to built this gun.

- an AKM kit

- a tactical receiver with M4 stock tube

- an ultimak rail

- a dboy modstock

Put whatever mech' inside. Sell the remains. You're done.

You can also start on an AKMS kit, the receiver may be easier to sell after you're done.

Edited by lovecraft25
you'll have a hard time creating this monstrosity (thankfully :P)

as far as i know, no such adaptor exists for a folding stock variant. you could always remove the stock, weld/screw a small steel plate to cover the hole in the back of the receiver then bolt/weld a buffer tube to it. i reckon the DIY approach would give it a nice home grown custom look with a nice worn look.

also if it were me i'd say loose the ultimak rail, fit a vented steel heatshield (because they look badass) and make your own copy of the larue iron dot, possibly with an aimpoint T1. doesnt look too hard to replicate IMO and certainly doesnt look as ghey as the ultimak (in fact, i genuinely like the look of the iron dot)

That's why I made the holes from the folding stock, to give it a homemade look. But Im not really crafty, dont have the tools, etc.

The only person I know who could do that for me is my brother, but he fell from a second story and now has a broken back and a lot of recovery time ahead of him.

Very easy build, but very costy !

The answer is LCT. The have every single part to built this gun.

- an AKM kit

- a tactical receiver with M4 stock tube

- an ultimak rail

- a dboy modstock

Put whatever mech' inside. Sell the remains. You're done.

Yeah, that's another way to go. LCT makes an X-47 receiver, but it costs 118$, wich Im not willing to spend for a gun that Ill keep for 1 month and sell on. On the other hand, this receiver would allow me to build it on a Dboys AKMS, wich is only like 85$.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Thank you, but, as already mentioned: the M4 stock to AK adaptors out there only fit AK47, wich have a different stock attachment system and receiver than an AIMS, AKM/S, AK74 and so on.

If there's room enough in the interior of the receiver to fit a bolt and the back of an M4 body (to prevent the stock tube from twisting around), I might go the home grown way.

Sitting with a copy of Airsoft International open in front of me, you could do it via a G&P Body for armalite stocks, King arms stock tube and a modstock from Gaurder. In the particular section Im taking this from they are attaching an armalite stock to an AK74 (CA SLR 105) so it is possible. However their explanation of the parts they are using is shall we say...vague.

Hope this helps, have you tried looking around the web to see if anyone has managed to get an AK47 type stock adaptor to fit an AK74?

Sitting with a copy of Airsoft International open in front of me, you could do it via a G&P Body for armalite stocks, King arms stock tube and a modstock from Gaurder. In the particular section Im taking this from they are attaching an armalite stock to an AK74 (CA SLR 105) so it is possible. However their explanation of the parts they are using is shall we say...vague.

Hope this helps, have you tried looking around the web to see if anyone has managed to get an AK47 type stock adaptor to fit an AK74?

I have thought about simply using an Element AK74 body, wich is just a disguised AK47 body. But this accesory is meant for Marui AK47 style guns, whereas the new Cyma or Dboys AKM/S or AK74s are clones of the VFC system, wich are not compatible.

Any way you can send me a pic of that magazine? I dont think they sell it here in Madrid.

could you not use somthing like

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...y&rs=Stocks

or

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...y&rs=Stocks

never used one myself but as far as im aware they would attach to a full stock receiver?

"Suitable for Marui AK47 ( or AK Series Receiver with same stock attachment )"

If you look closely, AK47 bodies are clearly canted, while AK74 and AKMS bodies have the back on a close to 90 degrees angle to the main line of the receiver.

MODS: is it possible to move this to a new thread in the proyect section? I feel kinda uncomfortable highjacking this thread.

Hey Judge, is that the new-gen CYMA AKSU? If so, do you have to mod your mags to fit? (I have to make the magazine back catch thicker, since the mag catch is too short)

Not sure. It's been kicking around my team for a while. Mags seem to fit fine. It's actually for sale.

Hey guys I need some help, I cant find a full steel/wood Dboys RK-03 in stock anywhere.

Judge: My mag catch seems to be too short so i custom made some plastic spaces to affix to the bottom of the mags lip to hold it in all the way. I plan on eventually replacing it with a Dboys AKSU after i get my AKS-74.

BloodClot: Which hop-up type is better? Blue or red?

Edited by WL-Matt