AK & Variants Picture Thread

So since I cant find a custom gun topic and VSS is closer to AKs then svds...even though its a blashfemy to say it....any how here is my custom build VSS Vintorez.

It has seen about 10-15 battels so far and has had its fair share of use so its much duller and used looking... but here are the pics right after it was finished. The build process is documented just follow the link in my sig. :P

very nice indeed.

i reckon the pistol grip could do with a bit of slimming down for realism's sake (but if you find a larger grip more comfortable that's fair enough)

the barrel looks a tad thin, could also do with some knurling (google it if you dont know what i mean ;)) to finish the look. also iron sights are a must. the rear sight is easy enough, just a standard AK rear sight will do. as for the front, i'd butcher the front sight post of an AK, bulk it out into a squarer shape and stick that on.

might also be an idea to shorten the fire selector, shouldnt be too hard.

finally, replace the 7.62 mags with some black AK74 mags (possibly make the full length ribs using hot glue or gripfill) and get a PSOP :)

i know that sounded like a very critical post, but its all constructive. that is still honestly one of the best incarnations i've seen, just fix those few details and there wont be much else you can do without some serious modding :)

good job

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty good job - God knows I couldn't do it, however, some constructive critisism, feel free to ignore it, doesn't matter to me ;)

The big one, and I know its probably quite hard is that you need to redo the receiver. The VSS has quite a tall cover but the actual receiver bit is quite thin

Deffo make the supressor fatter

Re do the foregrip

Get some different mags, chop down some ak74 ones would be best I think

switch to lipo or something and get rid of the cheek piece

Here are some pics which might help

http://justflecktarn.co.uk/images/guns/VSS...20close/Detail/

Hey guys, any opinions on the Cyma CM50A, with the blow back? Or even the overall Cyma Blow backs?

From what I'm getting from the recent posts, Cyma is the bast way to go to get an AK, so I'm planning on getting the 50A.

I probably won't upgrade it, and just beat the living ###### out of the gun, as I'm playing.

My plague 666 & Skarclaw, thanks for the cirtisism I already adressed this questins it looks more to the spec in realife then in picutres but the barrel is to spec thickness I agree with the forgrip but I like it. If i could redo it I would defently redo all those things but for now Im broke and dont have tools or time to redo it, I love how it feels, looks and plays with thats all i care for. Thanks for the critisism though.

P.S no offence taken.

I was just thinkin, because of the barrel length only being the lenth of a common assault rifle are you able to use it as a DMR? or just use it as a assault rifle? My aks74 has a systema tight bore and hopup in it and it actually has bretty damn tight groupings, actually better than my RS svd because of the whole issue im having lately.

I was just thinkin, because of the barrel length only being the lenth of a common assault rifle are you able to use it as a DMR? or just use it as a assault rifle? My aks74 has a systema tight bore and hopup in it and it actually has bretty damn tight groupings, actually better than my RS svd because of the whole issue im having lately.

It was intented to be a DMR but after playing with semi auto only I realized that it was not my style and I droped ina 390fps spring and push about 15 rps (on 7.2 battery 20-22 on 9.6) to 170-200 feet with 12-24 inch grouping, it out ranges and is more accurate then all of my friends guns and considering we play on a field where largest distance is about 170 feet of open ground I can take anyone down when I see them. I have an SCS systema bucking and a cut down deepfire 6.02 tight bore which is really messed up if I get a promy tightbore I should be able to get even better groupings and range of 220 feet or so, but im broke...

very cool! thats how I feel with the real sword svd exc ept even a little more distance, i cant say the grouping but its pretty tight, not bolt action tight but pretty tight. People will be rainbowing shots at me and my squad and me and we can not only reach them but pretty accurately. Right now its not to happy, but I am planning to install a new barrel and hopup. Just need to decide what to get. Right now I am getting a lot of wingers to the left and right even after cleaning the barrel.

damn Mikhail its called.... trigger discipline

my friend is shooting and I am the one narrating like a noob lol the only reason i sound so exited in the video is that the ROF with the same battery on the stock motor was about half of that in the video. Was it worth the $? I think so

Edited by Schultz98

i bet ur dog is hoping he never gets fleas..

nice that you made it yourself but the proportions are bit ott

as for making the gun louder my guess is yes, i have a ak beta and its much louder when using its standard flash hider than without one... mysli's efforts look like a cross between a flash hider and an ear trumpet.

if you can make that u can make fake suppresors etc = $$ ;)

Edited by hotelkilo