DaytonaGun:

How it arrived:

DGAK001x1024.jpg

Addition of a PBS1 suppressor:

DGAKPBSx1200.jpg

With RIS:

DGAKRIS001.jpg

DGAKRISPBS002.jpg

I've never been for AK's with rails. If it wasn't for Op Pine Plains and needing a torch for 8~ hours, I doubt I would have gone this far with it.

AK's with rails are OK, but why do you use 7.62 mags for this one? looks awkward a bit to me

Because it looks better :)

otherwise, he was using a pbs-1 supressor which is for the normal ak round (7.62 x 39mm)

and if you use the 5.45 x 39mm round, you shall use the pbs-4 which is made specifically for the aksu

Because it looks better :)

otherwise, he was using a pbs-1 supressor which is for the normal ak round (7.62 x 39mm)

and if you use the 5.45 x 39mm round, you shall use the pbs-4 which is made specifically for the aksu

i think the choice of silencer is a poor justification of the mags as the AKS74U was never chambered in 7.62 :P

I hate the look of the PBS4.

Also, the PBS1 isn't just for the 7.62 round. It's also used on the Bizon, which is 9mm.

As for the RIS, I'm not ###### broke so I'd rather not use tape at an OP where I'll be stacking up on walls all night long. Not to mention the torch is a Jetbeam RRT1 which has a big reflector. Tape alone wouldn't cut it.

i think the choice of silencer is a poor justification of the mags as the AKS74U was never chambered in 7.62 :P

LOL Why are you sooo baaad? :( I'm just trying to defend him, LOL

Seriously nowadays, alot of aks74u looking rifles are based on the 7.62 round, maybe converted from akm'skrinksbr.jpg

Take a look....

or maybe from an aks-74

:)

Anybody have the CYMA AIMS? If so, how is it? I have yet to find one decent review of it, and I'm ready to buy it but I'm being held back by the fact that is mechanical blowback...

I purchased a CYMA AIMS about 4 months ago and have some minor complaints about it.

1.) Folding Stock: Locks into place great and swings out and locks in just as good, there is no horizontal movement. Although this is true, there is some vertical play that is a little annoying. Nothing a layer of tape between the body and the swiveling parts cant fix.

2.) Rear sling loop: Piece of ######. I have a 1 point sling and expect it to fall off when im going to be on the run. I have not fielded my rifle yet as its a WIP but, with just testing the sling to see comfortability, i have found that the rivet is not strong enough and the piece of metal that hold the sling loop is not thick enough

3.) Mag well: Major problem with this rifle. I have CA, JG, CYMA, TM mags and all of them to fit and feed in the rifle. Only problem is that the CA and TM magazines have a short horizontal front tooth, the tooth that first meets the gun when you initially latch it in the mag well. If you hold an ak by the magazine, which i do sometimes, you will unintentionally pull the magazine towards yourself causing the front tooth to become unhinged and which makes it rest just below the receiver. Because of the magazine catch, the magazine still stays in place and wont fall out but trying to remove the magazine after this happens is a PITA. JG and CYMA magazine have a long enough front tooth so this will not happen.

If you can get past those things then you should have no other problems.

I took the gearbox apart and it actually is pretty decent, steal gears, awesome compression with the piston head, metal bushings, and a metal spring guide with ball bearings. Never go to chrono because i took it apart and im gonna use it for parts just incase, I Installed an upgraded TM GB and also put a madbull TB, KWA 2G Bucking and a Pro-Win Hop up inside of her.

Hope this helps,

Gumball

I was a bit skeptical about CYMA, but after this beaut, I'm officially a CYMA fan.

2drih48.jpg

Steel body, rock sturdy externals, and great internals.

Accuracy out of the box is very, very surprisingly good.

The EBB is known to scare the bejesus out of other teammates and opfor alike.

Yep ... CYMAs are great ... and with 390 fps out of the Box pretty accurate

jakob :D

22176987.jpg

Edited by nonamed

I hate the look of the PBS4.

Also, the PBS1 isn't just for the 7.62 round. It's also used on the Bizon, which is 9mm.

and is that a 9mm mag? :P j/k i honestly dont care

LOL Why are you sooo baaad? :( I'm just trying to defend him, LOL

wasnt criticsing him, just pointing out that the silencer is a pretty flawed justification of the mag. "why not?" would suffice ;)

hmmm, are you sure? :)

7.62x39 krinkov

it aint russian, probably bulgarian/arsenal in which case why limit yourself to a russian silencer for a bulgarian/american gun? ;)

Anybody have the CYMA AIMS? If so, how is it? I have yet to find one decent review of it, and I'm ready to buy it but I'm being held back by the fact that is mechanical blowback...

If the electric blowback is anything like in VFC (as I expect it to be; CYMA AIMS is a clone of VFC, right?) it´s no good. Mine (VFC) broke during the first skirmish I had with it. Not to mention the strain on battery. However, good thing about it is that you can disengage it :D

Here´s mine before:

aims010.jpg

And after:

TacticoolAK003b.jpg

Edited by uba

I'm toying with the idea with putting a silencer on my AK-74M. I'm getting mixed answers on this whole PBS1 vs. PBS4 thing.

Generally, people use the PBS1 for 7.62x39mm or 9mm, and use the PBS4 for 5.45's. So in your case, the PBS4. Hope that helps. (: