CYMA CM.040B 

LCT ultimAK 

PTS? XT rail covers

PTS AFG

PTS MS2

clone RSA

Beta Project AK "Pmag"

Stippled grip

Pretty simple build so far tbh. The hardest part will be the stock. 

Do you still have that 74u with the rommy foregrip btw? That was one sexy AK  :)

Thanks Reaper. I was hesitant to start this build since I've always been somewhat of an AK purist. It took the mag-k for me to realize that blasphemy can be very attractive provided you use exactly the right parts  :D The stock will be switched to an ACS, but the receiver will not be modified so I will be able to switch back and forth as I please. I have a few issues with the current stock, which is why I want to go with the ACS, mostly the length of pull and lack of a sling mounting point on the left side. I do find the current set-up to be extremely sexy, probably better looking than the ACS will be, but I'll sacrifice a little form for a little function. If I wanted to go all form, this would be a pa md 86 right now  ;)

All of the CYMA AKs are out of stock everywhere as far as I've seen. best bet is a dboys or VFC at this point. 

as long as you have a flash hider (14mm -) that has the QD threads for the AAC suppressor on it, you'll be fine. Most of the AAC cans come with the flash hider you need. 

Yeah, I'll just wait for the Cyma AKs to come back into stock I guess, no way I am paying through the nose for a VFC (this is a beater gun, I don't like beating up purdy VFC guns), and I've learned to be leery of Dboys innards, CYMAs are waaaaaay better in that department IMHO, and now that they produce steel replicas I see no reason to go dboys.

I knew about the know flashider for AACs thing, I meant are there 14mm CCW threads on the CYMA CM040B to take said FH, but I didn't word it very clearly :P

Thanks for the help, looks like it is the waiting game once again :(

There are 14mm- threads, but they're below both the flash hider and an adapter. Problem is that the adapter is held by a grub screw, and the flash hider blocks that screw. you pretty much need to drill a hole in the flash hider to get to it, which is kind of a pain. If you just try to take both of them off, the grub screw will tear up the threads on the barrel.

@DMF56:

i know you were going to go for a CTR, but i just had a thought, the UBR would probably suit that rifle perfectly. ordinary collapsible stocks look anorexic and out of place on AKs and since the UBR has the chunkier buffer tube cover it might look more appropriate.

once again, very tastefully done.

Thanks guys!

Ultimak was very easy to fit once I figured out how to do it. No modifications were required on the gun or rail system, which was nice. Its easier if you take the barrel off of the gun and assemble it there before sliding it into the receiver, but its possible either way. 

Plague, the UBR was on the top of my list for stocks, but due to the way it attaches on an AEG, I don't think I would have been able to easily mount it. The ACS is much easier and allows me to use other m4 stocks if I need to at some point in the future. I can snag and Ares m4 for $150 new, so I might pick one up and play musicale furniture depending on what I want to use for the day, and the ACS would be much easier to swap over as well. Maybe I'll pick up a clone UBR at some point and see what I can figure out, because I completely agree that it would look amazing on the AK. 

Speaking of stocks, half of the adapter is machined, should have the other part done by next weekend. After that, I just need to pick up an optic and she'll be done  :D 

Beautiful piece. Any troubles with the stock?

Thanks. :)

It's wobbly (just like the original), unergonomic (just like the original) and gets very, very cold in winter (just like the original). :D

Seriously though, a solid stocked version makes much more sense, unless you're like me and really want an AKMS. I love it.

There are 14mm- threads, but they're below both the flash hider and an adapter. Problem is that the adapter is held by a grub screw, and the flash hider blocks that screw. you pretty much need to drill a hole in the flash hider to get to it, which is kind of a pain. If you just try to take both of them off, the grub screw will tear up the threads on the barrel.

one question, how did the people at the factory managed to get the flashider on, if your saying you cant take it off unless tearing the threads

Edited by Scharf

one question, how did the people at the factory managed to get the flashider on, if your saying you cant take it off unless tearing the threads

they screw the adapter on, tighten the allen screw on said adapter, and put the flash hider on over that perhaps? 

Odd that you could get yours off without taking the allen screw out. I couldn't get the flash hider off either of my CYMAs because of that screw.

Wait. You can't screw off the flash hider and then the adapter after removing the grub screw?

They both unscrew the same way, so as soon as you start turning the flash hider the adapter unscrews as well. I think the flash hider is glued onto the adapter in the ones that I have.