AK & Variants Picture Thread

Does the JG Advanced RIS AK (Krebs replica) top cover work on an Echo 1 AK74UN? I am looking to do a build based on a few illustrations for a comic book proposal I have been working on for a few months. I need some better props for reference for the Spetznaz in the story. Thanks for any help on this and if there is any tricked out AK74's you have seen with a fully railed top cover that would be cool too.

No, the rear sight block is all wrong. The only rail for the receiver cover that I know of attaches to the rear sight itself, I'll try to find the link.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Literally the first time I've seen an AK with railed handguards that I like :blink:   

I bet that front end is nice and light, unlike the small car I have hanging off the front of mine! Might have to look at getting an extra outer barrel and setting something like that up for when I need a lighter gun. 

Anyone know where to pick up a CYMA AK104/105 front end separately? And by that I mean is anyone selling one? Need something lighter for field use, but still need the option to run larger accessories for the occasional CQB game, and I don't want to bother with assembling/disassembling the ultimAK ever again. 

WGC was the only place I've been able to find the LCT ultimAKs.

Someone was selling a CYMA 104 in the classifieds, and I stupidly told my friend about it instead of buying it myself! Don't need the receiver, but it would sure be nice to have an extra gearbox to mess around with as well. Might have to look into hacking up an LCT 104 front end to fit the CYMA receiver eventually. 

Anyone know where to pick up a CYMA AK104/105 front end separately? And by that I mean is anyone selling one? Need something lighter for field use, but still need the option to run larger accessories for the occasional CQB game, and I don't want to bother with assembling/disassembling the ultimAK ever again. 

I´ve got the same problem. Of course there are LCT foreparts available, like this: http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=LCT-FP-AK104&search=special&rs=forepart&catid=&cat=

but I´m not sure if it will fit VFC <_< + the price really.

Instead, I was thinking about getting a Dboys 74 outer barrel and cut it down to a 105 size. But again, I´m not sure if this possible to do. I mean to fit the AK105 frontsight/gas block to it (such as http://www.ebairsoft.com/ak104-iron-made-front-sight-flash-hider-p-1280.html). Atleast judging by pictures it seems like AK47 and 105 have the same lenght forepart up to frontsight/gas block. Correct me if I´m incorrect :D

Instead, I was thinking about getting a Dboys 74 outer barrel and cut it down to a 105 size. But again, I´m not sure if this possible to do. I mean to fit the AK105 frontsight/gas block to it (such as http://www.ebairsoft.com/ak104-iron-made-front-sight-flash-hider-p-1280.html). Atleast judging by pictures it seems like AK47 and 105 have the same lenght forepart up to frontsight/gas block. Correct me if I´m incorrect :D

The LCT kit will fit on any dboys body

the ebairsoft has an another version of ak104 forepart if you'll cut down a dboys ak74 barrel and fit this you'll have an ak104

the ebairsoft has an another version of ak104 forepart if you'll cut down a dboys ak74 barrel and fit this you'll have an ak104

I have 2 dboys and an lct Rpk, and im pretty sure they are NOT interchangable unless your litterally just putting the dboys gearbox into the lct body. The whole gas block comes out instead of just the barrel when you unscrew the screw under the back sight

Edited by Schultz98

None of the LCT front-end kits are compatible with a Dboys AK; they use 2 different methodologies of truncheon affixation -

Dboys follow the VFC method of a single interference fit pin to connect the truncheon to the receiver where as LCT/RMW/Guardier use 2 grub screws in the gas system and a false interference pin impression on the receiver.

And of course the older Mauri based ones won't work either, and I don't know about the fore part conversions for the latest Mauri 74M.

Have a couple of Dboys and LCT & Unicorn AK kits :)

how is the fitment of CYMA bodies to LCT front ends such as the ULTIMAK?

VFC based Cymas should be fine (single interference pin) but old Mauri style Cymas maybe not (4 screws in the bottom of the receiver) as the tab at the rear of lower fore-end is smaller on a Mauri based receiver.

Which model of Cyma AK do you have?

#Opps mis-read that about front and fore-end - however standard LCT front ends shouldn't fit, Mauri based ones may depending on the exact model.

It is front-end (the part from truncheon forward) and not fore-end (part one holds) you're referring to? :flamed:

Edited by DarkMM

how is the fitment of CYMA bodies to LCT front ends such as the ULTIMAK?

my CYMA body didn't need any modification to fit the UltimAK, although it was a pain because no instructions were provided and I couldn't find anything on the internet. 

Protip, all of the parts that come in the package are needed. I bent my receiver slightly because I didn't use the two small wedge pieces that fit between the receiver and the back of the rail, etc..