AK & Variants Picture Thread

Literally the first time I've seen an AK with railed handguards that I like :blink:   

I bet that front end is nice and light, unlike the small car I have hanging off the front of mine! Might have to look at getting an extra outer barrel and setting something like that up for when I need a lighter gun. 

lol, that style of handguard was just probably the first railed HG available for AKs. very old :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, that style of handguard was just probably the first railed HG available for AKs. very old :P

I'm not saying that this is the first time I've seen them, just the first time that they haven't looked like *suitcase* :D

Aso, Saiga is damn sexy. I've been wanting to build a burst "shotgun" out of an AK and make it look like the Saiga 2000 from bad company 2 for a while now.

Edited by DFM56

once you lot have stopped trying to make your AK look like an M4 and went and bought a M4 that should allow the rest of us to appreciate the beauty of wood and metal of the AK47. :)

only kidding your AK's look very nice and M4 like :P

Anyway here's a picture of my latest AK. It's a CYMA with blowback and it might just be the best AK I've ever owned. seriously.

IMG_2653.jpg

Why I don't hear you ask?

well it has all the benefits of the newer TM style blowback design but still uses a V3 gearbox and standard mags. oh and the battery is in the stock and you can fit a large cell in there (once you swap the mini connectors to large). It's built like the old style TM Ak47 but is as solid as a LCT.

a quick pro's and con's

it's cheap

it's solid like a solid thing

it has blowback

it uses standard mags

it has a v3 gearbox

con's

the wood is a bit orange.

BTW it's not the blowback system that attaches to the piston instead it has a blowback engine built into the top of the gearbox 95% like the new TM models.

If anyone is wondering UNcompany have them in stock.

actually only the AK47 was blued. everything else (including your AKSU) was painted with a semi gloss/satin black paint.

Subsequent variants were blued, THEN painted over with paint.

I found some bluing under the paint of my Dboys AK... win.

once you lot have stopped trying to make your AK look like an M4 and went and bought a M4 that should allow the rest of us to appreciate the beauty of wood and metal of the AK47. :)

Implying that V2 gearboxes aren't trash and m4s are worth owning. Some of us just like having the best of both worlds :D

I'll be getting some more AKs next summer when I can afford something nice like a RS or LCT, and that one will stay stock and beautiful ;)

Also, what number is that? I know its one of the newest ones, but I thought they all used the VFC style pinned construction. This one has screws like the maruis?

Edited by DFM56

only kidding your AK's look very nice and M4 like :P

Anyway here's a picture of my latest AK. It's a CYMA with blowback and it might just be the best AK I've ever owned. seriously.

Why I don't hear you ask?

well it has all the benefits of the newer TM style blowback design but still uses a V3 gearbox and standard mags. oh and the battery is in the stock and you can fit a large cell in there (once you swap the mini connectors to large). It's built like the old style TM Ak47 but is as solid as a LCT.

a quick pro's and con's

it's cheap

it's solid like a solid thing

it has blowback

it uses standard mags

it has a v3 gearbox

con's

the wood is a bit orange.

BTW it's not the blowback system that attaches to the piston instead it has a blowback engine built into the top of the gearbox 95% like the new TM models.

If anyone is wondering UNcompany have them in stock.

Please Jebus, remove that image, my jealousy meter is about to explode :lol:

BTW: the blowback can be felt like in the TM model or is it just like a moving plate like the guarder system? :)

the blowback can be felt and is enough to take your aim off target so that you need to reacquire the target. It's not as strong as a GBB rifle but is still feels better than the piston blowback and that's down to the counterweight that gets thrown about in the recoil engine.

I popped open the gearbox and noticed that the gears and piston aren't V3 compatable however I believe that replacement gears can be bought. The piston isn't a direct copy of the new TM blowback piston so I'm going to run it stock until CYMA spare pistons become available.

The gearbox shell is different as well due to the design of the recoil engine.

The tappet plate, cylinder, anti reversal, selector plate, nozzle, piston head, cylinder head, trigger and switch are all V3 standard. The gearbox has metal bushings fitted as standard but I didn't check out which size.

Stock it's firing at 410 FPS so I dropped in a M95 but might need to drop it to a M90 as the airseal is very good and is just creeping over 350.

The model number is CYMA 046 and there are a few videos on youtube showing the recoil working. This

shows the recoil. You will notice the bolt goes fully forward after every shot unlike the piston blowbacks which i think is a good feature.

I've modded a set of LCT wooden furniture on to the CYMA and it looks very nice and I will post some pictures up later showing off the new wood.

Lastly I noticed when i had it in bits that there is a channel for wiring on the gas block so it looks like CYMA maybe looking to produce a folding stock variant with battery storage in the front grip.

something ive been working on wink.gif

nx8knn.jpg

OMG, a saiga????? details please :)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=188474

In that pic i used the dust cover from one of my other aks, im still waiting on a dust cover to mount on a scope. After that its just securing loose bolts and what not. I also need a harris bipod aswell, may pick up a g&p one on ebay for 30 bucks.

Thank you very much Jebus, just a question, do you think stock internals can endure a regular use or the 410FPS? if this AK is precise enough, I would like to consider it as my DMR base, so... do you think its precise enough to be used as DMR?

BTW: I still hate and envy you... a lot :lol:

I've had a blowback APS in bits and its mid range quality. blowbacks built into the piston like the APS one can have problems.

The build and finish is ok on the APS models and as you have seen the wooden furniture is really dark brown.

would I buy one? no is the simple answer as there are too many other better AKS-74's for the same price. CYMA or Kalash spring to mind however these don't have blowback.

Thank you very much Jebus, just a question, do you think stock internals can endure a regular use or the 410FPS? if this AK is precise enough, I would like to consider it as my DMR base, so... do you think its precise enough to be used as DMR?

BTW: I still hate and envy you... a lot :lol:

simple answer is yes. Maybe adding a tightbore and playing around with hop rubbers and nubs would help out if used for a DMR