AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that hard to put a 9.6 in if you remove the fuse. As for the internals... if all LCT gearboxs are like mine, then it makes the gun not worth buying. I would have killed for one with a VFC GB, Even CYMA innards would have been better than LCTs own offerings. I'm still waiting on parts from a friend to get my gun working. Not working again, just working at all. The conversion kit would seem the smart move.

LCT use cyma gearboxes, at least im pretty sure they still do. always used to.

LCT use cyma gearboxes, at least im pretty sure they still do. always used to.

Recently, since the start of the year I think, they've started offering pre-built guns with their own stock gear box.

*edit for link

Edited by DarkMM

are you sure about that?

lct amd65

odd. plastic bushes, never seen that in an LCT before. pre-production review sample maybe?

they always used to use new style cyma boxes, im sure of it.

still, thats irrelevant now as they seem to be using the box posted by darkMM

odd. plastic bushes, never seen that in an LCT before. pre-production review sample maybe?

they always used to use new style cyma boxes, im sure of it.

still, thats irrelevant now as they seem to be using the box posted by darkMM

Thats because its a VFC gearbox as mine is the same :P think they did use some VFC gearboxes but most bought now are cyma ones. Wonder how good the LCT gearboxes are, might pick one up sometime as there not a bad price and hopefully they will have some decent internals!

Thats because its a VFC gearbox as mine is the same :P think they did use some VFC gearboxes but most bought now are cyma ones. Wonder how good the LCT gearboxes are, might pick one up sometime as there not a bad price and hopefully they will have some decent internals!

thought it looked familiar :P i own one myself (2 at one point)

although i seem to remember both of my VFC boxes having clear bushes

thought it looked familiar :P i own one myself (2 at one point)

although i seem to remember both of my VFC boxes having clear bushes

Hmmm i havent taken my AMD65 appart in ages but i do think they were black tho... only my VFC AK had the white ones, but all the other parts in my AMD65 are the same as VFC eg gears, and the cylinder kit.

Hopefully next week i'll have some nice pictures to put up here of my G&G AKMS when it comes :D along with the rest of my collection! :D

well ive just ordered a VFC AKS74 from WGC, after a sleepless night of deciding which aeg i should go for (VFC AIMS PMC, AKMS and AKS74) the AKS74 came out tops. So within 7 days I should have it in my grasp at last! I will also post pics to make up for my rabbling in the thread for pictures!

[EDIT]

My current Cyma AK-105

img20100905113548.jpg

Edited by torN-

cm.040B? :) looks the same as mine started, nice 

indeed it is. Only "internal" mod on it is a new madbull hard hopup rubber and H nub, seemed to improve the distance and grouping of the bbs, only slightly tho. Performs very well out the box but i need to put a new spring in if its chrono'ing at 350fps +.

Glad i bought it last summer.

Ive had a VFC AIMS before and loved it! however sold it, but to a good home (mightjebus). I tried mightyjebus's, well one of his many many AKS74s back in 2007 i think but it was pretty pretty awesome.

Btw the ROF on your RPK is...wow. nice video also.

[edit]

I also plan to put a MOSFET and run a 7.4v? lipo at some point, however i dont have the tools or the knowledge to install a mosfet, would have to send my aeg off to do it. If i do that i might aswell get it changed to deans/T style battery connectors?

Edited by torN-

I know how you feel with the work to install the mosfet, I had my local shop do it as I gave it a try and was overwhelmed by the intricate innards of a GB that I have not directly worked with before. But I also run it with t-style connectors and it works great, They let more juice through to the gun as they have lower resistance. Also I was having issues with my tamiya connectors not always working so they are also much more reliable, at least from my experience so far. So I would definitely recommend you do that as well, that however was something I was able to do and if you are able to solder you could do as well

I believe the ROF on the rpk is somewhere between 20-23rps, not sure if it took 6 or 7 seconds to dump the mag as the sounds off, but that is at the lowest 1200rpm so its good for the purpose I have it for.

Edited by Schultz98

indeed it is. Only "internal" mod on it is a new madbull hard hopup rubber and H nub, seemed to improve the distance and grouping of the bbs, only slightly tho. Performs very well out the box but i need to put a new spring in if its chrono'ing at 350fps +.

Glad i bought it last summer.

Keep the H nub, chuck the Madbull rubber, they're *suitcase*. Get a Guarder Clear or a Prometheus Purple rubber in there. You'll see a big increase in range.

Just waiting on my AKS74 now, bought it from Firesupport instead. My Prometheus purple rubbers came through the post today! Btw what is stopping me from buying a LCT conversion kit and dropping the internals from my Cyma CM040B into it?

looking at either the AKMS kit or the MG-MS.

Just waiting on my AKS74 now, bought it from Firesupport instead. My Prometheus purple rubbers came through the post today! Btw what is stopping me from buying a LCT conversion kit and dropping the internals from my Cyma CM040B into it?

looking at either the AKMS kit or the MG-MS.

nothing mate. I would suggest a madbull tightbore when your swapping them over as you will see a bit difference in accuracy from one of them. The only issue might be the wiring but I think the cyma is already wired for a battery on top of the gearbox as opposed to the stock.

nothing mate. I would suggest a madbull tightbore when your swapping them over as you will see a bit difference in accuracy from one of them. The only issue might be the wiring but I think the cyma is already wired for a battery on top of the gearbox as opposed to the stock.

Indeed it is (wired for the top that is)! Oh dear now do i have the willpower to stop myself from buying a kit :S. Another thing ive noticed however on the LCT kits the bolt carrier has a flat part to it. You can see it here clip_image0011.jpg bottom right of the pic. Surely thats going to get in the way of a 9.6v stick battery?

Edited by torN-

No I have an lct and a stick will fit in the top, I am actually planning on putting that fore end with the 104 fore end with wood and metal vented top handgaurd on my rpk for longer ops that may go into closer combat. Think it may look to weird???

to have this

RPK_Kit.jpg

with this fore end? its not really for a specific impression, its more or so for a mercenary in Africa. What I love about the LCT parts are they are easily removed and interchangeable. its like lego's of death! it would take me all of 10 minutes to switch them out with hopup and all

20080922132040.jpg

Edited by Schultz98