AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well eatthegras, you can tell what caliber it is by the mag though, so you can tell which model it is by what magazines in it

Well that's what i was thinking. As theres no AK with side folding skeleton stock and 7.62 ammo better to have poly one (10X) or wood one (AKM). As said, be sure to put the correct mag on correct furniture...

Trasher nice as always :P Where did you get that saw grip ? do they fit the 74 models with no moding ?

joeshred : I got it in a local shop here in Czech republic, was quite surprised to see them, since they arent on rsov, gunner etc. so I had to buy one just for fun, I think that long mags look sweet on short AKs

and BTW when we are talkin SAW grips, mine is from ELEMENT and it requires little modding.

EatTheGras: as I am NOT going for any russian specific rifle and more for a US civilian there is no "right" furniture for 7,62 that is also what I intended to make it look as less standart russian as possible 

Edited by Scharf

A lovely pic of a lovely gun. I always have something for the AMD, if it wasn't for that stock it would be among my favourite guns.

I was planning on getting kerbs Ak handguard (the real version) for my future Ak build, but they are just too much for my wallet.

The ultimak looks pretty cool on AMD, keeping the original lower part of the hand-guard:

Real steel:

M7-Binst.jpg

I also have the railed gas tube, but I think I'll remove the RAS and stick to the basic look... BTW, the original forward grip (I'm talking about the real steel AMD) is widely hated and laughed at in Hungary. :) The stock is also cr*p.

I also have the railed gas tube, but I think I'll remove the RAS and stick to the basic look... BTW, the original forward grip (I'm talking about the real steel AMD) is widely hated and laughed at in Hungary. :) The stock is also cr*p.

Never tried it myself, but the forward grip does look kind of awkward. Can't be denied though, it's one of the most distinctive aspects of the gun.

Well, since I'm posting I wanted to ask something to the AK fans.

Which muzzle-break/flash-hider would go along with a regular barrel length 7.62x39mm Ak. I mean something less traditional, the kind of muzzle break that you would only see in modify AK, something an PMC would have in their AKs.

a flash hider ive seen used on AKMSs in Afghanistan were what youd call an SVD flashider, so it wouldn't be to out of place. I saw it in a video of a vdv unit ambushing a Muj group back in Afghan in the 80's, guy had an AKMS with a gp25 as well as an svd looking flash hider. ORR if you want to have a supressor a pbs-1 is meant for 7.62x39 aks