AK & Variants Picture Thread

FW200 is that artificial wear or just beat up? either way it looks awesome.

Reply is a bit late but still..

It's just beat up, the handguards were fairly newish Soviet ones at one point.. Now they're a bit more worn due to handling and the dust of the War & Peace Show. (Carrying it around in a BMP works as well.. though it did break the stock catch as you can see)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_2501.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

Echo1 "LMG"

Fake bolt in it is the best I've seen in any AK, and it will fit into my 0401B receiver. The standard VFC bolt design will also fit into the RPK receiver from what I can tell, so folding stocks with a stick battery in the receiver are definitely possible with some work to the rear trunnion. 

iirc the VFC VLTOR tube will only fit the VFC AIMS receiver. All other AKM trunnions that I've seen have a second 'tang' in the middle which would obviously interfere with the VLTOR tube.

I'm pretty sure you could fit one to a receiver with a standard AKM trunnion if you remove the second tang (the part with the wire in this picture)

RPKtrunnion.png

Oh, I see.

Unfortunately, couldn´t find any after a quick look. But this will definitely help along my project.

In order not to flood this thread with text (this time without T1):

AK012.jpg

Ps. I realised buffer tube and buffer are different things :rolleyes:

Looking good uba!

Little update on mine:

ega.jpg

The only thing added that's not RS is the pistol grip (nothing I can do about that I'm afraid...)

Base is a RealSword

East German folder, bakelite handguard and sling

Egyptian ribbed top cover

UltiMAK rail

Optima 2000 dot

Good lord that AMD65 is beautiful. BTW, how's the stock on the G&G AK stock holding up? So many underfolding stocks just seem to get wigglier and wigglier.

Figure I'll contribute something though. My AK47S. Not really a brand, as I built it from spare parts, a King Arms stock/gas block, a Guarder wood kit, and a Prime lower.

100_0572.jpg

Andyjp yea i know i love my AMD65 lol i mainly use it or my VFC AKS74N or VFC AKSU. I haven't had the chance to use my G&G AKMS yet as i had to downgrade it from 360fps to 328fps for N.Ireland, hopefully the stock doesn't break lol well its a LCT really with G&G internals so id like to think not! I'm liking the wood grips and that long mag! makes me want a full metal ak47 :/

Crunchy i was tempted to buy one, was down at one of my local sites and saw the ICS Galil standard one with black furniture and it did feel very nice! really like the selector that works on the grip! :D

Thanks Bersy and blabla. Yeah, it's definatly not a small rifle. I wish more people would buy these, then ICS would have more incentive to make midcaps for it ;)

Yeah that was also on of the things that set me off from buying it, really don't like highcaps :) , really don't :)

Yeah that was also on of the things that set me off from buying it, really don't like highcaps :) , really don't :)

Yeah. I don't either. Certain brands of AK mags fit (Star do, King Arms do, MAG mags don't) but they look gross and aren't realistic. Come on ICS make some midcaps. I skirmished the Galil today and it was awesome. Worked flawlessly depite all the " Hey that looks like the Galil from Black Ops" comments <_<

Thanks guys!

I'm thinking of switching to black furniture, probably staying with the ACS but swapping the Ultimak/AFG for a CAA railed handguard and an RVG/hand stop. 

I have a spare receiver extension that I'm going to try to hack onto the RPK as well. Might look decent, but I don't know what I would do with the handguards.