AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how much for the top one? :D

That AKM is probably the best AKM I've ever seen.

I guess everyone is entitled to there own opinions cause that is no where close to the best AK. Someone can buy that right off the shelf.

The best akm in my book needs some fine tuning and RS parts.

Made an interesting discovery;

MAGRPK.png

GBBR receiver extensions (at least this 5KU) will slip right over the inner tang on AKM trunnions. All I need to do is shim it a bit and drill some holes and she'll be good to go!

EDIT: I also desperately need a spare CYMA VFC style barrel and trunnion. I'll finally be able to build my saiga 12 since I won't have to modify the RPK receiver. I'll just swap parts around depending on what I want to use :D

Edited by DFM56

Made an interesting discovery; 

GBBR receiver extensions (at least this 5KU) will slip right over the inner tang on AKM trunnions. All I need to do is shim it a bit and drill some holes and she'll be good to go!

EDIT: I also desperately need a spare CYMA VFC style barrel and trunnion. I'll finally be able to build my saiga 12 since I won't have to modify the RPK receiver. I'll just swap parts around depending on what I want to use  :D

By receiver extension do you mean buffer tube? I would also be interested in some better pictures, as I have the same RPK and I'm looking to create something like this:

myweapon-41.jpg

Thanks for the information!

Oh, ok. So you'll be drilling screw holes so you can attach it via the receiver stock tangs?

This will be so much easier than modifying the receiver to fit an aftermarket adaptor....

Exactly. Probably won't look nearly as nice, but if I'm covering it in magpul I guess I should at least keep the spirit of the gun alive :rolleyes:

my cqb/mout primate weapon. Dboys full metal slr106ur/aks74u. options for it include Stubby fore grip, kobra dot sight, and pbs-1 supressor/barrel extension(works as both, really dampens the sound with the original length inner barrel), as well as mobster lookin drum mag that makes it look like a Russian wunnabe tommy gun Let me know what you guys think

DSCN2994.jpg

DSCN2996.jpg

DSCN2997.jpg

DSCN2999.jpg

my cqb/mout primate weapon. Dboys full metal slr106ur/aks74u. options for it include Stubby fore grip, kobra dot sight, and pbs-1 supressor/barrel extension(works as both, really dampens the sound with the original length inner barrel), as well as mobster lookin drum mag that makes it look like a Russian wunnabe tommy gun Let me know what you guys think

*pics

That last config must be one hell of a beast in cqb :D

Correct me if I´m incorrect, but waffle mags (7.62) are not for AKS74U.

And then some pics of my own. Just messing around here (got bored obviously):

TalviAIMS014.jpg

TalviAIMS011.jpg

Any comments on my winter/zebra-AK?

the waffle mag is correct for this particular replica, the replica is of a bulgarian 7.62 krink called the slr106ur(or 7 i dont remember)

you are right though in that the aks74u woudlnt take 7.62 mags like the waffle mag and drum. Also I like your snow camo gun, i did soemthign similar with my aks74u last winter

19980_1182760009065_1230166449_3047.jpg?t=1292711015

Edited by Schultz98

Ok, look:

I'm sick of this *fruitcage* stupid kalashnikov elitism that seems to be running around all over the place when people put the "wrong" mags in or use the "wrong" sights and have "wrong" rail sets on their AKs.

The kalashnikov is one of the most prolific, if not THE most prolific gun designs EVER. They are made EVERYWHERE and in such a dizzying amount of combinations vis-a-vis chamberings and such etc etc etc. So ANY COMBINATION ON AN AIRSOFT GUN IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE.

This *suitcase* happens so often on the Red Alliance forums, which are some of the most hostile forums on the internet.There, (mostly non-russian) airsoft players apparently think it's ok to flame and lambast someone for the cardinal sin of using A 7.62x39mm magazine in a kalashnikov usually (but again, not ALWAYS) chambered in 5.45x39mm, all the while frantically masturbating into a crusty Telnyashka and moaning "SOVIET PROGRESSIVE STATE PARTY VAN HURRRGH" whilst rubbing their nipples with their khaki RD54 magpouches.

So, to recap: The next time you see someone using the "wrong" mag in their AK, remember that so many variants of the kalashnikov are made all over the place in pretty much any chambering or setup you can think of. Then shut up and don't waste space complaining about it.

Sheesh, it's just a joke between me an azn, I'll just delete it then if it's that upsetting.

Anyways, Azn, do you have a plan for the left over parts? I may be interested in some of the original parts.

Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you or anyone in particular, just ranting about how seriously people take a sport played with toy guns. :)

I guess everyone is entitled to there own opinions cause that is no where close to the best AK. Someone can buy that right off the shelf.

The best akm in my book needs some fine tuning and RS parts.

Best airsoft AK: ComradeMP's unfinished project, when it is finished. :D

Though I agree that LCT/Guarder are some of the best off-the-shelf AK...ever since VFC went crazy with the finishes...

I have a LCT AKM (better takedown than guarder though)

Edited by adadqgg