AK & Variants Picture Thread

Since we're asking questions, I got another one... finishing up some work on my new CYMA AK-74 (CM048) and pretty happy with it overall. One thing I DON'T like is the rear sight, which is wobbly as hell. I've taken a few steps already to improve the situation, but it's not 100% and I suspect at some point during a game it's just going to vanish. Any issues with replacing the whole rear sight block with a real one? Most likely from a Bulgarian 74?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was praying to gods for a full stock AK with plastic furniture and a decent steel body (AFAIK this is the only one, and the LCT w/ green furniture). I owned a CA a SLR105 but the pot metal body sucked big time.

So this is what I found at my door today.Cyma CM048A

The poor thing was in terrible shape looked just like on the box

p2030001.jpg

I gave it some water and something to eat. After a few hours of resting it turned to look much much better

p2030008z.jpg

Also it grew this sharp pointy thing

p2030019.jpg

I was praying to gods for a full stock AK with plastic furniture and a decent steel body (AFAIK this is the only one, and the LCT w/ green furniture). I owned a CA a SLR105 but the pot metal body sucked big time.

So this is what I found at my door today.Cyma CM048A

The poor thing was in terrible shape looked just like on the box

PIC

I gave it some water and something to eat. After a few hours of resting it turned to look much much better

PIC

Also it grew this sharp pointy thing

PIC

We demand a review!!! NAO!!! :bleh:

Heh, I'm going to be getting myself one of those CM048As, simply because I have a set of black plain furniture lying about and I really want a steel bodied full length AK.

I really love my AKSU, but although it's fantastic for close-in work and thick underbrush, in the winter and autumn months I find that I am getting caught in the open far too often without the longer range accuracy that tips the balance.

Also I have about eleventy billion magazines for the AKSU, so it's a bit of a no-brainer.

Since we're asking questions, I got another one... finishing up some work on my new CYMA AK-74 (CM048) and pretty happy with it overall. One thing I DON'T like is the rear sight, which is wobbly as hell. I've taken a few steps already to improve the situation, but it's not 100% and I suspect at some point during a game it's just going to vanish. Any issues with replacing the whole rear sight block with a real one? Most likely from a Bulgarian 74?

Since I asked this in the middle of the damn night, I'll re-ask it here now at a sane hour.

Well, since somebody posted a picture I'll make another question.

Does anyone know if the LCT body kits include everything to actually build the external part of the gun? I'm aware that they don't come with a mag or any other internal part (like say a G&P bodykit that usually comes with the motor), just wanted to make sure I won't be needing to get anything in order to build the outside of the gun.

If that makes any difference, the model would be the Ak-105 and yes, getting the whole and replacing the innards would be both more expensive and complicated (few shops ship guns to my country without disassembling them first)

Here is my newest toy, an old Inokatsu RPK kit I got in a trade for some welding work with a friend of mine.

Pretty much just got it built, but dont have a long enough barrel to make it shoot well yet, the bb's keep hitting the flash hider and chopping in half. It does look and feel good though!

img1432a.jpg

Im pretty desperate for an AK, and since im focusing more on real steel firearms, im on a small budget. How compatible is the CYMA 0.28 AK-47 with aftermarket external parts, and maybe real steel parts? I plan on overhauling it over a long period of time. I mostly want to turn it into an AIMS with some other features.

CM028? Id say zero or minimal. As that series is a copy of the TM AK47 system.

Save up some money and buy the Cyma CM050 Aims in the end it will cost you less then buying all the parts for a CM028.

and pics so Im not just talkingp2070049.jpg

p2070047.jpg

Edited by Scharf

Inokatsu AIMS

_medium.jpg

Very nice looking AIMS there :)

But i see you got problem with the slabslide bottom plate, have you read my mag convert guide? (A link is in my signature)

If you shorten down the original internalspring and just put it in the bottom the bottom mag plate willkeep in place and also dont make any noise :)

Some pics of the finished project of making all the RS romy wood match as i posted earlier.

2.JPG

4.jpg

9.jpg

I also drilled a few mm in the barrel where skrews in the gasblock and lowerhg retrainer regulary just are pressed against the barrel but now are secured a few mm down ont o the barrel for a more solid construktion.

11.jpg

Then it was all done, heres a compairsion with the more battlefield pickup AKM next to the new gunrange/wallhanger like "AIM" with a converted 40 rounder.

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Very nice looking AIMS there :)

But i see you got problem with the slabslide bottom plate, have you read my mag convert guide? (A link is in my signature)

If you shorten down the original internalspring and just put it in the bottom the bottom mag plate willkeep in place and also dont make any noise :)

Thanks for the tip! The bottom plate stays on by itself. The tape is just there for extra secure, and to mark my mags :)

Psst. Thats RS woods that I have there ;)