AK & Variants Picture Thread

Okay so this is probably not the right topic to do this but i didnt feel like to make a new topic.

So heres the deal, i diassembled my AK 47, a king arms (worst piece of *suitcase* i've ever bought just so you know), for some upgrades and what not (first AK in my hands, had Ms and such before) and it all went perfect except for this little detail.. this piece of metal fell off and i had no idea where it belonged to, i just know that it should fit somewhere near the gearbox and the body lol..

one more thing, is it normal for the 'pistol grip' to wobble? because the metal part of the gearbox (ver. 3) that holds the motor wobbles as well, it doesnt stay firm

Heres some pics, i still dont know where it belongs, if anyone knows what this thing is and where it fits at please help me out

post-70955-0-28009700-1297560380_thumb.jpg

post-70955-0-29956500-1297560399_thumb.jpg

post-70955-0-71032800-1297560410_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question...

I recently acquired my first Kalashnikov (G&G AK47). I'd like to put a knockoff UltimAK rail on in place of the top handguard.

http://www.weaponblender.com/index.php?productID=1923&picture_id=2462

The listing says it is intended for AK74s, not AK47s. Is there any reason this wouldn't fit a standard AK47?

G&G gas tube is a little shorter than a standard RS AK gas tube, but I managed to modifiy one to fit. The G&G gas tube has a closed area where the mock piston hits and comes to a stop. Removing this shouldn't be a problem, just means that the area forward the bolt and rear sight block area is now taking full force of the bolt closing.

G142.gif

Can't really see it, but it narrows.

Grim why do you use Inokatsu instead of VFC?

VFC don't have that weird gas block thing. It is all pins.

I feel like vfc just have that step up on externals being more realistic.

Not so much like a cheap replica ,but more like RS

When I got my Inokatsus there was pretty much only TM Ak47 around.

Now today i dont really care any more since i hardly play and pretty not at all whith the AK's them selfes since my team play as Navy Seal.

To me theyre just movie props and nice wall hangers and nice to look back and think of all the nice kills i did with them :)

Back when i actully used them 2-3 times a week i had plans to install real gasblocks, lower hg retrailner and iron sights that was pinned.

It got it all orderd with a bunch of AMD-65 parts (before LCT made one) but the package got confiscated since the seller put in some full auto parts thats not legal here, im glad i didint got arrested or got my door kicked in.

Finally got my hands on a Real Sword!

Type56-21.jpg

Now where can I find some cheap wood furniture for it?

Don't think there is any wood for it ? could be wrong though

I think there's only polymer furniture, the deeep reddish type stuff and the black ?

After they went to the second model they only started using polymer,

Russians did that to, dunno from what model though,

as it offers far better heat resistance then wood, and wood also has a tendency to warp and bend and break in the field, with prolonged exposure to moisture and the elements in general.

The models after the 74 I think were polymer only ?

Edited by blablabla

Rainman: Real handguards fit w/o problems on the Real Sword, but as blablabla said, it won't be accurate to the real 56 if that's what you're after..

Speaking of inaccuracy, here's my little frankengun!

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

(Yes, crappy pictures, cry me a river)

It's a Real Sword type 56, or at least it was..

All parts added are real, no copies, except for the PG for obvious reasons...

East German folder

Egyptian top cover

UltiMAK with an Optima 2000 on top (co-witness with the irons)

Romanian dong and handguard retainer

Cut down barrel with a Bulgarian FSB/GB up front

As soon as I get some money I'll get some sort of muzzle device for it ;)

I'm really happy with it, can't say that I want to change anything about it! The folder stays. The beauty with this is that it uses the rear tang, so I can switch to a full stock whenever I want (But nah, I won't).

I will probably go with a Bulgarian 4-piece flash hider/comp/whatever, If I can find a reasonably priced one. No way in hell that I'd finish this off by putting an airsoft-hider on it!

Now I'll have to get me an 74UN since I've got a TSL-03 laser coming in any day now wink.gif