AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy... just need to cut an AK side mount. Maybe russian, and similar color to your PGO... RPG scopes are about comfortabele on a AK74S but uncomfortable by fixed stock.

th_Kp002.jpg

Edited by Murdoc

Hi Murdoc – I think we've talked about this on Red Alliance. :)

I'm working on finding just the clamp itself. It bolts on to sight rails, so if I can find the right one I shouldn't need to cut anything and in theory it will be 100% compatible. That's the theory, anyway.

PS - all that cross-hatching in the image through the sight is the wire mesh in my window that I was pointing it through, not on the sight. I didn't even notice it was there until now.

I'll just leave this here...

It's a G&G GK99 which is a replica of the Finnish Defense Forces assault rifle RK95 TP

Just got some inspiration on what to do with my RK :)

How did you attach that AFG? Piece of rail bolted to the (inside of) hand guard? If so, how easy is it to change battery with that?

Edit: just read your post on softaaja.fi. But please do tell here as well if anyone else is interested.

Edited by uba

I just got a VFC AKS74UN and it's ###### compared to the Real Sword, can't see why everyone likes 'em so much.. I guess it has something to do with the markings.... blink.gif

Well, RealSword did not make a AKs-74u.

If they did then every other company exceot LCT will be out of business. XD

Edited by adadqgg

Just got some inspiration on what to do with my RK :)

How did you attach that AFG? Piece of rail bolted to the (inside of) hand guard? If so, how easy is it to change battery with that?

Edit: just read your post on softaaja.fi. But please do tell here as well if anyone else is interested.

Jawohl mein kommandant!

First of all some pictures of the whole thingie...

img0029nt.jpg

img0031hw.jpg

img0032sj.jpg

The An/Peq on the right side is attached to a 20 mm rail that is bolted to the hand guard trough the vent holes.

That is also where I store my battery, even though there is still room inside for a 9.6v LiPO stick battery.

img0034qu.jpg

The lamp on the left side is a Tokyo Marui Gun light that I found somewhere on sale for 9€.

It is currently attached with only two zip ties trough the vent holes. I'm only keeping it there momentarily until I can get my hands on a proper gun light.

img0036v.jpg

Interesting part is the AFG...

It is mounted on a normal 20 mm rail that has two bolts with spacer, curved spacer and locknut to keep the adjustments snugly.

img0033d.jpg

When assembling the hand guard I need to first place the left side into place and then put the AFG assembly loosely on there.

After I have placed the fuse box and AFG into place I have to wiggle the right side so that the curved spacers are sideways inside the handguard.

The locknuts are tightened so that when placing the handguard pieces together I have to use a little force to get them tightly together.

img0037htq.jpg

(I know they aren't placed correctly but you get the idea)

As previously mentioned the scope mount is attached to a CYMA Ak series side rail where I drilled two holes to match the holes in the receiver.

img0026eh.jpg

img0027ff.jpg

img0028xz.jpg

Edited by Taku

And the rail is the LCT's?

Its a VFC gas block rail :D unfortunately LCT dont sell theirs on there own as you have to buy it with the lower rail... i really want a UltiMAK rail for my AMD65 but i don't want to swap the lower fore grip lol

Well, RealSword did not make a AKs-74u.

If they did then every other company exceot LCT will be out of business. XD

I meant compared to the 56, duh tongue.gif They could at least make a 56C

I'm temted to buy another 56 and give it a 74u-makeover myself!

Diezel: Looking good!