AK & Variants Picture Thread

For those of you with folding-stock AKs, how long does a stick battery last for you in a game? do you have multiple ones on hand at all times?

i have a battery that goes all the why through the gastube in my vfc

its a 9.6 1700 mah Nicad that last all day everyday

from cheaper battery packs

looks like a 12 volt but it isn't

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great. I would love to make my Type 56-1 look similar. What kind of wood stain did you use? Also I'm assuming the pistol grip had to be modded to fit properly on the receiver. If so, how was it done?

Btw I don't know if you can get a compatible AKM flash hider. I tried using the element one but once it is screwed all the way in, it was upside down. If you can convince realsword to send you the RS 56-2 front sight, they have built in AK nubs for flash hiders.

Can't you use an appropriately sized o-ring to make it stop shorter and thus the right way(referring to the element flashider)?

Looks great. I would love to make my Type 56-1 look similar. What kind of wood stain did you use? Also I'm assuming the pistol grip had to be modded to fit properly on the receiver. If so, how was it done?

Btw I don't know if you can get a compatible AKM flash hider. I tried using the element one but once it is screwed all the way in, it was upside down. If you can convince realsword to send you the RS 56-2 front sight, they have built in AK nubs for flash hiders.

Thank you.

I didn´t use wood stain, I used a very thin ink like paint.

Yes, indeed it had to be modded. I cut the little things that goes up into the ak74 receiver off, making the upper part of the pistol grip completely flat. I then fitted the inside of the pistol grip with some tape, to make the inside tight enough to fit the RS AK. Very easy in other words.

Yes I was thinking about that, too. I don´t understand why they did the front sight/flash hider like the did, is it how the real one is built perhaps? Oh well.

Edited by kaptenn
Yep, or you could use thin washers. However, you would be better of installing a real AKM front sight, as it has the little spring loaded nub to keep the flash hider in the right position.

The thing is the AKM front sight differs from the Type 56 front sight, the latter being closed making a circle.

Edited by kaptenn

Has anyone managed to fit a 9.6v stick battery in the RS T56-1? I just can´t fit mine, even though it fits perfectly under the receiver cover and rear sight, as well as through the upper handguard when it´s removed.

Yes I was thinking about that, too. I don´t understand why they did the front sight/flash hider like the did, is it how the real one is built perhaps? Oh well.

I was a bit dissappointed as well. I am very pleased with the T56-1, but if I were to buy again I would most definitely go for the T56-2.

Chas, if you want recoil on an AK, try to do that by swapping the gearbox from a cm046 to the kalash. As I see the GB from the 046, its pretty similar to a regular V3 except on the srpring which goes into the buffer tube and the necesity of it needing to be wired to the rear. But Im sure it can be wired to the front like Marui offering.

Thats a future project for my future RK08 when I have a future job :lol:

Bunch of detailed pics of the Kalash AKMS:

http://www.51qbh.hk/gouwu/product.asp?id=1654

BTW, Kalash and the new Cyma AKs are both full clones of the VFC guns, right? So if I wanted a full steel AIMS/AKMS with blowback, could I simply swap gearboxes between a Cyma and a Kalash AEG?

thanks!

yes, but honestly, the VFC style blowback is so pointless it's not worth the hassle. it wouldnt be so bad if it came with it, but its certainly not worth the hassle. for a more rewarding shooting experience you'd be better off nicking the cyma gearbox with the cloned TM recoil mech, then wiring it to take a small LiPo stick in the handguard/gas tube.

at least then it would be a. decent blowback and b. blowback that wont screw with reliability much (i havent really heard any failure reports)

i've got it on my to-do list and i cant see why not. providing the wires are well protected and kept out of the way of the bolt it should be OK. also if my measurements are correct one of these should entirely fit in the gas tube and upper handguard, so you can change batteries by field stripping the handguard.

Nope http://www.blackjackbuffers.com/index.php?...14a9e58bfbf64b1 But you can always ask some american forum meber to do you the favour.

About that Cyma blowback gearbox in a Dboys AKMS/AIMS: thanks for the replies, guys. Im still doing it as I dont play anymore (injury and hangovers), so it doesnt matter if it malfunctions every now and then, as Im only gonna shoot it a few times at home and probably sell it after a few months.

i've got it on my to-do list and i cant see why not. providing the wires are well protected and kept out of the way of the bolt it should be OK. also if my measurements are correct one of these should entirely fit in the gas tube and upper handguard, so you can change batteries by field stripping the handguard.

thanks myplague, I will order the AK in the coming days :) but too bad im not lipo user, so I hope a mini type battery will fit in the hand ward :lol: