AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sanded it down a bit and weathered it with a screwdriver and hammer. Then I used Guinness' black paint technique, but it turned out a little too dark, so i sanded it down again leaving some black paint in the divots and hit it with two coats of Minwax red mahogany and 4 coats of satin clear coat.

Edited by thatoneguy92088

hey guys. ive got an AK74, and an AK47. ive always prefered the look of an AKM, so i was wondering which would be easier, in terms of replacing parts, to turn into an AKM. the AK74 has the right type of body and top cover, so perhaps just replacing the stock and foregrip and flash hider would work? or would it be possible to use the AK47 stock and foregrip?

yeah i guessed as much. i think for my purposes the gas block on a 74 is sufficient enough like that of an AKM, that id just swap the stock and the foregrip and flash hider.

having just lay the rifles on each other, the 47 stock is only so slightly more angled than the 74 stock. PITA, because it only just doesnt look right.

yep, the locking mechanism is on of the crappiest yet (altough it is lightyears better than the old Cyma one ;) duh )

The mechanism only locks when clicked out, not when it's folded (altough it should be no problem as you hold your hands on it while folded

yeah i guessed as much. i think for my purposes the gas block on a 74 is sufficient enough like that of an AKM, that id just swap the stock and the foregrip and flash hider.

yeah, but the gas block looks COMPLETELY different.

why not actually buy an AKM? the new cyma model with the laminated wood is a good buy, and it's cheap.

i was just contemplating that. but then id have 4 AKs. (47, 74, aks74u+ an AKM)

yes the gas block would not be 100% accurate, but for my sake its not that big a deal (i know, all you AK lovers hate me now).

just for starters, does anyone know if there are just stocks and foregrips available? the only ones i can find are as part of a whole kit including reciever and everything.

An AK47 gas block would look more correct IMO (though still not right). I've never actually seen any AKM woodkits that aren't part of conversion kits, this claims to be one, http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=2986 though its not correct, it really seems alot more like an Ak74 woodkit (well it basically is one that they just decided to change the name, although the bulge still seems to be a little wierd). And Scarclaw was right about the sights, the front sight on the AKM is different from both the AK47 and the 74, but the rear sight is the same.

Edit: What's wrong with 4 Ak's? Have you seen mightyjebus' collection? AK's are meant for mass production, lol.

Edited by evilbunny21
Anyone Know what length inner barrel i could use with a PBS-1 silencer on my AKMS. Im planning an internal upgrade.

If my ICS '74 is anything to go by, then you could feasibly get away with a 590mm running in to the PBS1.

No pictures, however, sold the barrel a couple of weeks a go.

Thanks! I sanded them down to bare wood (some of the dye wouldn't quit, which was actually a good thing), and then wiped them down with a thick coat of MinWax Red Oak 215. After wiping away the bubbles I let it sit for 15 minutes, and then removed the excess stain. Let it dry overnight, then coated it with a VERY thin coat of MinWax polyeurethane.