AK & Variants Picture Thread

About the MAG mags, I know they're not nearly as heavy and tough as a real mag, but they come close. They feel very realistic, as opposed to say a plastic Armalite mag that feels like a toy item, or an AK metal hicap that feels like a tin can with a plastic lid. The construction and sturdyness of the waffle mags feels like that of a real polymer mag.

They really don't.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you might have noticed a strange looking AK hiding in the back of one of the photos. well I finally finished it (ok it's about 95% but thats good enough for the moment)

This is my Iraqi Tabuk snipers rifle. I have forgot what exactly went into the build as it's been ongoing for a while but Rick from italy started me off with the partly built front end and KransiSerpski from Redalliance sorted out getting the hand guards from the states to the UK so a big thank you to both of them.

real steel details can be viewed here

Woah! That's beautiful!

sorry, but they really dont.

they dont feel as 'real' as the likes of a G&P, which is in turn feel no where near as good a real mag.

however as said before, unless you can afford to convert RS shells (might be worth looking into CA 70 rounders for the internals, G&P/VFC etc are junk) MAG are certainly the way to go. i'm not slagging them off at all, but saying they feel real is simply not true (as with any airsoft AK mag i've used).

Its not THAT expensive to convert RS shells, i got 6 AK mags for like £10 with mag pouches (which is what I actually wanted) but obv it gets more expensive when youve got to buy the internals for them, but still, to then have mags that dont feel like ###### is win :D

Its not THAT expensive to convert RS shells, i got 6 AK mags for like £10 with mag pouches (which is what I actually wanted) but obv it gets more expensive when youve got to buy the internals for them, but still, to then have mags that dont feel like ###### is win :D

i know, i own 5 ;) worth it if you can afford it IMO.

where the hell did you find mags that cheap? surely not bakelite or plum AK74 mags for that price. maybe romainian 7.62 or summut.

@billy bob: tascabe on red alliance sells the 4 cell chicoms

jebus, forgot to mention how purdy your tabuk is. i reckon it'd look great with a bit of wear.

Fine, they don't, but mine feel like plastic bricks and remind me of other polymer real mags I've seen. They feel solid and sturdy enough to make me happy and I expect them to last for as long as I need them, so long as I can get replacement springs if they ever wear out.

Edited by DanHS
i know, i own 5 ;) worth it if you can afford it IMO.

where the hell did you find mags that cheap? surely not bakelite or plum AK74 mags for that price. maybe romainian 7.62 or summut.

I buy east german bakelites for 15e each.

I hope these new cyma midcaps are g&p replicas, I've got 4 tula akm mags to put them in, but g&ps are quite expensive, and the real mags are expensive as it is.

judging by the capacity they will be. personally i cant stand the G&P design. i'm cosidering buying a load of CA 70 rounders to re-do my current mags.

wow u guys are serious, makes my megre ak collection look just that... my current pet project would be to knock up my CYMA ak to a RPK, i am open to any tips on making to gun feel heavy enough to feel like the real, ill be getting a metal body for it obviosly... the wood ill make myself. but i want this to be a realy good job, also, how can i best make the wood furniture and metal body look war scarred etc.

i bow to the experts at this!

Here's my Marui Type 56, mostly stock and the plastic body has seen better days, the stock is falling apart and the only thing holding the top of the receiver on is the receiver cover latch, the small plastic hooks on the lower receiver have long been broken off. The gun creaks like an old haunted house and the front sight wobbles something fierce and it has no selector switches so it only fires full auto, but it shoots so well. Excuse the 74' mag and NATO camo :P

img0334x.jpg

Edited by Josiah Hull

Got bored and modded on a Kalash bolt on my Inokatsu AIMS with realsteel: Foldingstock, sling, magazines, upper and lower HG's, gastube and muzlebrake.

It was one of the first Limited 9 AIMS Inokatsu made.

Also seen in pic is Inokatsu AIM w as much realsteel parts.

bild021.jpg

bild022l.jpg

bild024v.jpg

I wish they worked as well as my PTW :(

bild025evp.jpg

That's a beautiful weathering technique you've used their, Grim! Any tips, because that's one of the best jobs I think I've ever seen!

And I quite like the look of that paint as well, Snigel! Gives it a good uniqueness, different to most of the other AKs out there!

I got my first AK today, Cyma 028, intending to do it up with a wood kit first, and a metal body when I get some more money.