AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All real AKM metal parts i have looks and "reacts" the same way with sand paper as my Inokatsu AKM...

presumably used parts right? where the paint has worn down through real use.

dont get me wrong, i'm not saying that your wear jobs are unrealistic, it's infinitely easier to get a decent looking heavily worn look with a blued AK than with a painted one. but no AK since the AK47 has actually been blued, no russian AK at least.

@cyclone TAW: with a magnesium reciever you'll have a very hard job to make it look real, as it wont 'dull' the same way as steel. odds are it will remain fairly bright. some sort of brown paint/ink wash might do the trick.

most importantly, focus on the raised areas and edges. using a scotch brite pad, these areas will likely get worn quickly while leaving the flatter parts less worn just by rubbing it over the surface of the gun. remember, real guns wont have random patches of paint scraped off the reciever. 90% of wear will be on corners or raised areas of the gun, the flatter areas will usually be less worn and show more random scratches/stone chips.

to be honest, i wouldnt even attempt something like GRIM's work with a G&G. first off, as i mentioned a heavily worn finish is really REALLY difficult to pull off with a painted gun (as opposed to a blued one, like GRIM's) and without a full steel gun it would just look wrong as the metal will never turn that dark, dirty gunmetal with a tint of brown sort of colour. in your case you'd best stick with soem light weathering and possibly experiment with some articicial darkening of the metal.

Yeah, I did some sanding down with finer sandpaper and used that patch you discribed. It did turn out quite bright, but I was able to dull it down quite effectively using a variation of acrylic/ink mediums that I have lying around from my miniature painting hobby... Got a rather good effect with a mix of valleyo black glaze, black paint and matt medium.

Turned out quite well. Just waiting for some decent lighting to take a few snapshots...

Ok, got around to making the pictures.

First off is a "zoomed" set of pictures of the handguard, reciever and stock.

post-64547-12712389055025_thumb.jpg

post-64547-127123888008_thumb.jpg

post-64547-12712388933842_thumb.jpg

And finally two shots of the right and left side of the weapon in all it's glory... :-p

post-64547-12712389182892_thumb.jpg

post-64547-12712389299236_thumb.jpg

Note: the magazines aren't done yet. Also I'm not even sure these are the right mags for this AK, but for now, I have to make do with what I have... sad.gif

Anyone have any issues using an eotech on a railed gas tube? What type of stock do you use with it?

Looking at an XPS on an ultimak for the summer, seems like it would be a little high though with a rommy sidefolder.

Edited by DFM56

My new Dboys/Kalash AKMS: full steel, real wood and has awesome ROF and trigger response. Nothing to do with the performance of Dboys guns from 2 years ago. If anyone is interested in buying one and wants to see/hear what this baby can do with an 8.4 battery that's been charged for merely 5 minutes, PM me.

P4190009.jpg

My new Dboys/Kalash AKMS: full steel, real wood and has awesome ROF and trigger response. Nothing to do with the performance of Dboys guns from 2 years ago. If anyone is interested in buying one and wants to see/hear what this baby can do with an 8.4 battery that's been charged for merely 5 minutes, PM me.

\

what kind of ROF are we talking out of the box? better than the older kalash series guns?

Edited by Schultz98

Sorry, cant make a video right now; but both trigger response (nt as fast as your finger, but close) and ROF are way better than the last Dboys AK I had, from 1,5 years back.

Let downs:

1. stock locking mechanism doesnt work every time, but I heard its an east fix

2. damage on the wood

3. painted flash hider (rubbed it with alcohol until the black paint started coming off too)

4. lower hand guard doesnt fit right

You just need to fondle with it abit and itll be perfect.

LCT Type 3 AK47 fitted with RS furniture.

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

AK family

3rd AK type replaced with AKM replaced with AK74

IMG_2445.jpg

AK generations - Type 3, AKM and AKMS

IMG_2448.jpg

AK74 generations - AK74 and AKS 74 replaced with Plum AK 74 and AKS 74 which in turn replaced with AK74M

IMG_2450.jpg

And lastly little "bitches"

IMG_2453.jpg

Edited by mightyjebus

it's actually a Guarder front end attached to a LCT receiver. The LCT receiver is actually the TM varient as the old guarder kits used this style to be constructed (not all guarder kits used this system and the newer types used a system similar to LCT).

it's reported that LCT where the suppliers for Guarder however I have a couple of guarder kits that aren't really like the LCT kits and I have never been convinced that LCT supplied Guarder. The metal finish on guarder kits is not like LCT either and are more in par with Inokatsu.

Where'd you get the forend and the stock?