AK & Variants Picture Thread

The CYMA rail is sold out almost everywhere, but I know AirsoftGI still has some for $40.

Anond delivers, err I mean, Uncompany seems to have re-stocked them all together with other cyma products. Here is the link:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=27329

I might get one of this for my AK, not sure how to mount them though.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My AK PMC jungle carbine, which I built out of an old JG tactical with a missing stock.

I cut the barrel down, added an AKM muzzlebreak, JB-welded a custom M4 buffer tube mount onto the rear of the stock, installed a side-folding LR300 stock and repainted her.

Internally, she's running 330fps on 0.2gs with an ELEMENT hop-up unit, H nub, Systema hop-up rubber, 363mm inner barrel, 7mm bushings, an ELEMENT piston and piston head and a custom-made MOSFET unit. She's snappy and manuverable, with good range and accuracy. Pity I have to sell her. :(

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0447.jpg

IMAG0448.jpg

IMAG0449.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

How strong is the stock?

IMAG0460.jpg

:D

Darklite, sorry about asking, but, do you have more photos or maybe a how-to about gluing the stock onto the body? I've tried putting a CYMA CM028U foldable stock onto a JG AK47 (just like yours), but i've had some problems about durability of the glue (tried liquid epoxy and, as you can see, not worked.)...

See ya! []'s

Darklite, sorry about asking, but, do you have more photos or maybe a how-to about gluing the stock onto the body? I've tried putting a CYMA CM028U foldable stock onto a JG AK47 (just like yours), but i've had some problems about durability of the glue (tried liquid epoxy and, as you can see, not worked.)...

See ya! []'s

Use JB weld. Here's what I did:

1) I cut and matched the stock and the buffer tube attachment (a hacked up plastic M4 lower)

2) I removed all of the paint and grease on the surfaces with acetone

3) I roughed up the two surfaces to be joined with very rough sandpaper - 200 grit or so

4) I mixed the JB weld, then applied a thick coating to the surfaces to be joined

5) I pressed and clamped the buffer adaptor and the receiver

6) I then smoothed out the excess JB weld that had come out of the sides to make a large, flat "cap" on the join to improve the strength of the bond

Leave to dry, paint and done. :D

Oh, and Jebus: *fruitcage* sex on a steel coated stick.

VFC brand Wood replacing the stock Dboys wood

systema tightbore barrel

systema hopup bucking

G&P m160 motor

Real made in the USSR Tula Bayonet (semi rare got it for 50 but normally go for 100$+)

Refinished MAG midcap magazine

ACM Kobra red dot sight

Wired to Deans connectors

DSCN1446.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

DSCN1448.jpg

Edited by Schultz98

Use JB weld. Here's what I did:

1) I cut and matched the stock and the buffer tube attachment (a hacked up plastic M4 lower)

2) I removed all of the paint and grease on the surfaces with acetone

3) I roughed up the two surfaces to be joined with very rough sandpaper - 200 grit or so

4) I mixed the JB weld, then applied a thick coating to the surfaces to be joined

5) I pressed and clamped the buffer adaptor and the receiver

6) I then smoothed out the excess JB weld that had come out of the sides to make a large, flat "cap" on the join to improve the strength of the bond

Leave to dry, paint and done. :D

Oh, and Jebus: *fruitcage* sex on a steel coated stick.

once i get sick of the skeleton stock on my cm035 im definitly gonna try try, thank you

'Atta boy. After using my Type 56-1, every other gun feels like a toy and not a weapon. This coming from a guy who also owns a VFC ak...

Edit: it's also the BEST out of the box performer ever. ;)

Edited by beta08

IMG_4242.jpg

Working on a bastardized AK based on pictures from Afghanistan. It's going to end up as an Khyber Pass AKSU hybrid - AKS74 stock with an AKM magazine, AKSU front sight block, Ultimak rail, AK74 lower, AK47 pistol grip, tactical selector, 300m Saiga rear sight, and of course the suppressor you see attached.

Damn straight,

I previously owned a type 56-1, but had to sell, well due to busting up my car :)

I must say that I had had some feed problems with the RS midcaps, skipped a few bb's once and a while,

Couldn't quite figure out the problem.

So were here one year later, and bought a full stocked now,

Then I figured out the problem, The nozzle was over 1,6 mm longer then a regular AK nozzle, It wasn't clearing the feed tube enough to let the BB's pass, so I quickly changed it out to a Prommy.

That did the trick, It's simply amazing to see 150 BB's flew out a gun without a hickup with one trigger pull :D , I also like the reaction off other people seeing that. cause everybody here knows that midcaps are notoriously unreliable.

Also completely disassembled it, relubed the gearbox, installed a slightly larger piston o-ring to have a nice consistent seal

and changed to a m100 slightly cutdown

Also changed out there rubber with a systema, and H-bucking from element, the black one.

I almost soiled myself when I saw the result, I could and can hit the same individual leave on my tree, 15 times in a row,

It's a freaking laser,

Maybe later I could install a tightbore, But it's shooting about 340 now, so don't want to raise it, as the limit over here is 350

To bad RS isn't making other type of AK, If they would build as they did with there Type 56, they would be king in AK land

Here is one of my beauties:

Rusty001.jpg

Its a CA SLR, i changed the flashhider and stuck some RealSword mag's in there.

Not 100% realistic but i like the way it is now :D

Rustywscope.jpg

And sometimes i like to play with a scope ... i know its a svd mount

Closeups from his rusty spots in the Battle-Worn Picture Thread

Edited by Jack the Ripper